COCO and BLUMATS FTW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys,whats up,

iv been trying to figure these things out,i THINK i have it,but i doubt it,im looking to buy some,can anybody post a link,so that i can water 15-20 plants?im soo tired ot handwatering
    and also,in coco,is 1gallon pot too big,small..or is is it just right?,should i maybe go with 2gallon pots?,i dont really like having soo much coco to clean and process,so the 1gallon is much easier for me to handle,but ill think about the 2gallon if the yield will go up?..

and last question,at sustainable village.com..they have something called the "deck and planter kit"..is THIS the "patiokit"?..how much pots does the deck and patio handle?,the only other one i found was 50 drippers,and thats 300$..theres no way ima spend that kinda money,and prolly end up collecting dust,cus i cannot build anything to save my life lol.thank youu

Comment

Originally posted by sweetestsin420 View Post
      hey guys,whats up,

iv been trying to figure these things out,i THINK i have it,but i doubt it,im looking to buy some,can anybody post a link,so that i can water 15-20 plants?im soo tired ot handwatering
      and also,in coco,is 1gallon pot too big,small..or is is it just right?,should i maybe go with 2gallon pots?,i dont really like having soo much coco to clean and process,so the 1gallon is much easier for me to handle,but ill think about the 2gallon if the yield will go up?..

and last question,at sustainable village.com..they have something called the "deck and planter kit"..is THIS the "patiokit"?..how much pots does the deck and patio handle?,the only other one i found was 50 drippers,and thats 300$..theres no way ima spend that kinda money,and prolly end up collecting dust,cus i cannot build anything to save my life lol.thank youu
      In coco, one gallon pots will work. I have had six foot plants in one gallon pots (top heavy). The downside is more frequent watering, as a full grown plant will suck the moisture out of a one gallon pot daily. Yield is not that much different if you keep them watered/fed daily. If you want an easier grow with less frequent watering, go with 3 gallon pots, but the one gallons work for sure.
      The patio kit works. I believe it contains a dozen "carrots", if memory serves me.

Comment

The downside of more frequent watering is also the upside. The more times you can water a day the more o2 and the fast veg/growth.

and yes, as long as you have the watering automated, the overall yield isn't any better or worse. Just really effects veg speed. (for the most part)

Comment

Hello,

i'm using the blumat system on earth since about 2 years now and i'm very happy with this little miracle.

i was wondering how you guys handle the blumats on coco? i mean there is no drain using the blumats. do you water by hand seperately once a week to get the 20% drain that should be targeted?

i am thinking of switching to coco but don't want to get rid of my blumats

Comment

Originally posted by BudHazer View Post
            Hello,

i'm using the blumat system on earth since about 2 years now and i'm very happy with this little miracle.

i was wondering how you guys handle the blumats on coco? i mean there is no drain using the blumats. do you water by hand seperately once a week to get the 20% drain that should be targeted?

i am thinking of switching to coco but don't want to get rid of my blumats
            The reason for the 20% run off is to flush out accumulated salt build up in the coco. When using blumats, you want to use a product called drip-clean which keeps the salts from falling out of the water so build up does not occur in the coco. (or lines) People have been using this combination with great success.

Comment

Originally posted by St3ve View Post
              The reason for the 20% run off is to flush out accumulated salt build up in the coco. When using blumats, you want to use a product called drip-clean which keeps the salts from falling out of the water so build up does not occur in the coco. (or lines) People have been using this combination with great success.
              Thank you Steve,

so how often would you recommend to flush the palnts with drip-clean? or does drip-clean avoid that you have to drain up to 20%? on earth i always used florakleen over the last 2 days to get rid of the whole nuts.

Sorry for my english but some stuff might be spelled wrong or so - i'm from autria

Comment

Drip Clean when used at 1ml/g (listed dosage for just keeping lines clean is .4ml/g) will help keep the medium from building up too much according to DHF. With blumats/drip clean you do not need to flush or run off during watering - just at the very end.
                Kalichakra Coco Grow Show (600w) - torn down
                OG Kush Donuts - completed
                OG Kush Perpetual vScrog - in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Kat View Post
                  Drip Clean when used at 1ml/g (listed dosage for just keeping lines clean is .4ml/g) will help keep the medium from building up too much according to DHF. With blumats/drip clean you do not need to flush or run off during watering - just at the very end.

Thank you so much! I replied to your grow report. might have a look.

Comment

awesome work in here! Coco in small pots has always been my favorite this thread was excellent thanks Desert Hydro!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Hydro View Post
                      2 gal airpots. they are a pretty sweet combo. blumats, coco and airpots FTW
                      Funny, this is exactly what my setup is! Looking forward to using it again.. Might start a topic about it when I get it all togheter

Comment

Can you get packs of these that contain more than 12? I only find the 12 packs when I search amazon and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Cep View Post
                          Can you get packs of these that contain more than 12? I only find the 12 packs when I search amazon and the like.
                          You could always order custom package on their website; http://www.blumat-shop.de/Tropf-Blumat/Tricklings/

Comment

awesome thread.

Anyone mixing coco into their organic soil?
                            LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

Yeah I'm trying it out right now. Coco/ organic soil mix. Let. Us. See.

I'm also going to be using House and Garden nutrients though, only because I received a huge sample pack from them and I've just gotta try it. What else can I do? Waste it haha no way haha.

Comment

what can I use to keep my lines clean from salt build up? I was hoping there is something that can keep my lines and maybe my reservoir clean too.

Comment

Working...
                                X