What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fully Automated Drain-To-Waste System For Coco

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Should find a condense pump for $20 Canna Red. I have one here I don't want. Fridge and aircon guys are forever changing them to make a job pay, but then fixing the old one as it was a garden pea stuck in it. eBay is littered with them. Also the Aspen standard. A mains powered 100ml per minute dosing pump with chemical resistant hose. That thing would shell them garden peas :)

Is there a reason why Cocoforcannabis Is so adamant about the little giant model? It's like $85. I see lots of the for cheaper, but he's saying this is the best.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is there a reason why Cocoforcannabis Is so adamant about the little giant model? It's like $85. I see lots of the for cheaper, but he's saying this is the best.

The little giant looks like it's submersible. Not that you would want it submersed in operation, but you could hose it down as part of your cleaning schedule. In the event of a mite infestation you may be chucking things away you can't clean easily.

I see a few in the range. The smallest of that general format should be enough to take the volume of quite a few drippers. Which will mean the quietest, normally. I usually drill a hole in the side, install a compression type cable gland with a good IP rating(rubber washers)then take my waste in at this lower level than pouring it in the top. Really though, you don't need the tank part at all. The guts tend to lift out and sit in any tank you may already have. Using a larger tank has an advantage. The pump, when it runs, runs a little longer. So no put put put put. Just puuuuurt. Also, pots tend to take on until they just can't hold, then the initial release of water is quite high. It's unlikely your pump would be anywhere near capacity, but it's a little buffering. I use the multiflow basically. So each pot has a reservoir. All piped together. Leading to a pair of condense pumps. As the outlet from these pumps in a non-return valve, they can share the waste outlet hose.

I have never used the second float. Many won't realise, but just above the float you expect, sits a second float. It's function, if ever it see's water, is to switch the drip pump off. Because if it see's water, the condense pump has failed to meet demand (it broke) and it's better to stop dripping than flood the floor. I work in a shallow pool that will take my entire tank, so prefer risking a wet floor to not watering. I like to have two pumps anyway, so it really should keep working. Always plan for the unexpected though. Nothing lasts forever.

Adamant is a good word. They have a system and while they will talk about other things they would consider, it's very much a site about how they do things. Not necessarily the industry.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I like having the multiple grow spaces, but it ls going to get expensive to automate 2 closets, 3 3x3s a 4x4 and a 2x2.
I'll probably end up hand watering the closets and 2x2. But still that's 4 tents that need all those parts.
Oh well. That's the life I chose. Lol