What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming

Solidopc

Puffing some of the lower buds that i cut off at about day 45. Smell is sweet and skunky. Little of that super dankness we all love and crave some strains have, but a solid little number, particulary for how fast she flowered. Not a keeper in my mind. A little too generic in its aroma, the flavour is quite nice, earthy flower i'd describe it as, and it gets better the more it dries.

I was able to find out that this green poison is a big bud cross. I think perhaps they crossed it with their early skunk, as i have grown their sweet tai also, which uses the early skunk, and there are some similarities in the taste. Though it's all guess work and might not actually be the case at all.

So in the end, not a keeper in my search for a new mother, but definately worth growing if you want a fast, easy to trim, vigourous strain, and i would think there are much better phenos lurking about than the 1 i have tried here. So i will definately grow it again looking for that speed, with perhaps more of a dank aroma than the generic sweet skunky aroma it has.

Things roll on though as they allways do, and the hunt continues. I have the flower and superskunk x northern lights, both on their flush. Day 54 today for the pair. The flower smells typically good, but is a nightmare to grow. She wants to take over so much, and is such a branchy, vigourous plant, it's hard to keep her in check. All her buds need to be held up, and a flopping in all kinds of weird positions. The denseness of the flower is not the best, but i knew and expect that. It still yields very well though due to its branchyness. It's not filling out quite as nicely as my last one did, which was down at day 52. She is coming along though, and i think about day 60 maybe for this one.

The ss x nl, is smelling dank. This one much more nl dom than the last which was heavily ss dom and a little hashy tasting for my palete. This one has a much nicer, weedy, dank aroma, and is less stretchy and a bit more leafy. Not as picture perfect buds as the ss dom pheno, but i'm liking it more and more as it grows. So finfers crossed for these two. There are also 2 phenos of femaleseeds ice in flower now staggered for the perpetual. Both have been cloned, but early days yet, with the most advanced at day 32.

In veg, more prospective mothers are making their bid for glory. I have a jack herer x ak47, which will be the next plant to go into flower. Once it's large enough to provide me with cuttings, it will go in. Behind this, is a jack herer x black domina, and one of ograskals whitefires, which i keep reading great things about. I am very hopeful that i will find something from these seeds, and if not these exact ones, then i'm convinced the other seeds have some gems hidden.

I also have two cuttings of llp's exo cheese x nl. Supposed to be a big yielder, and the only plant i have going right now that isn't from seed, which is a big change for me. I was growing only elite cuttings not long ago. But looking for your own mum is as much fin if not more, especially when you find that one.

Keep it green folks, i'll get some more pictures up of the flowering plants, and my two outdoor plants asap. Any other coco growers have plants outside but in coco? How you feeding them, are they doing well etc? Peace.

Solidopc

Here are some pictures from my flower room. Looking for a new mother plant or two, or even three, so going through as many different strains as i can fit in my small perpetual. Have some exicing things in veg like jack herer x black domina, jack herer x ak47, whitefire, and my only current definate mother, exo cheese x nl. Plan on doing some sensi nl#5/haze, and silver haze/shiva skunk next, and i do fancy gh super lemon haze too.

Here's the pictures of the current lot. The green poison pictured above, while a very nice smoke, is not a keeper for me. Sweet skunky aroma, and a very nice earthy flower flavour, and a super fast flowering time, but the aroma and flavour lacked that penertrating dankness i like my fruity weed to have. It has it a bit, and it gets more pronounced the longer it dries, but not quite up to par. It is good enough that i will be looking further into the strain with my other seeds, as i am sure there are better phenos lurking in there with that dank aroma with the sweet skunk. And it being such a breeze to trim and grow, it's a sure fire candidate for a more in depth look, as i only did the 1 seed. Another good, solid strain from sweetseeds, and another one from them i want to grow again.

Femalseeds Ice pheno #2, day 33.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Femalseeds Ice pheno #1, day 18.

picture.php

The ch9 flower, day 53. Not the most photogenic plant, or the producer of the densest buds. But it's aroma and flavour where this strain wins for me. This particular pheno, which i think is leaning toward the jack herer side of things, smells like a mix of grapefruit, mango, poneapple, in an astringent zesty kind of nasel aroma. My last pheno had a wonderful dankness to the buds aswell when dried, which complemnted the fruityness perfectly. If this one is anywhere near as good, i'll be keeping her around. She's on the flush now and will be ready about 56-60 i rekon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Superskunk x Northern Lights (Tiburan from Pyramid Seeds). This one much more nl leaning than the last which was heavily ss dom. Day 52 here and been on the flush for about a week. Will be coming down 8 weeks i rekon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Solidopc

My superskunk x northern lights is ready to come down now, whenever i feel like. Day 57 today, and it will not go further than day 60. The flower needs another flush and she should be ready at will also.

Got my seed order delivered along with some coco, hydroton, root riots and pots, though my pots never arrivedand i was sent a fruit bearing tree of some sort instead, lol.

Still, my sensi nl#5/haze fems are here, along with my ch9 power plant, aroma, nl#5/haze x jack33 and humboldt. Watct this space, it's going to get greasy.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everything looks great in here.. after further inspection, im very sure i have a ch9 flower. things are kind of tight in my tent, and im going to replace my 1 - 1000w hood, with 2 - 600w hoods for better coverage soon.

Solidopc

Hope you have got a flower dude, it's very nice. Mine had another flush tonight and is ready to come down in a few days.

I chopped the superskunk x northern lights tonight, but didn't take any pre-harvest shots as i've an absyss above my wisdom tooth and it bloody hurts like hell, so i couldn't be bothered. But i did take these pictures earlier on this afternoon, of my two outdoor plants i have going. First time growing outdoors, and to be honest, it's not my thing, nor do i get the weather for it. I'll be sticking to indoors from now on for sure.

Both plants are in 12 litre pots of coco and some perlite, and have been fed h&g aqua flakes and cx headmasta.

This is the Free For All, a cut from crazy composer. It smells just fantastic, the perfect weed smell. Never smelt weed i liked more. I couldn't get the dam clones to root though, so am very dissapointed. I might have to try and resource her, as she is something special.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the exo cheese x northern lights, of which i have cuttings in veg which have resin on their leafs allready! lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Solidopc

Couple of pictures of some plants taken tonight. First, my Ice, pheno #2. She is at day 59 today, and will be coming down tomorrow. Would of liked to have aken her a little earlier, but i overfed a little and had to add extra flushing time, so she's very yellow now, but still looking good.

With some careful attention, this plant could produce picture perfect buds. Shame i messed up on this one. Smells not one i can pin down yet. Skunk is there, but not in the usual way, not genric at all, different, and i think it might be very good once dried and cured properly. Could well be on the list for keeping, who knows, its all in the smoke. Had her final flush tonight, ru8noff ec is now very nice at only 0.22 over what went in, so she is good to go. Allways wanted to grow and smoke Ice, and it's nearly completed. Pheno #1 is at about day 45, and is forming more cola like buds, but if she gets the swollen calyx thing going on like this one, she will be very good. Another one to keep the eye on. Mother hunting is so much fun. lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jack Herer x ak47, in flower for 3 days today. Grown the cross before and loved it, this time i'm on a mother search, so she's been cloned, which were very fast, extremely vigourous strain.

Astringent piney haze, was the order of the day last time, hoping for even better again this time, so she might make the cut.

picture.php

picture.php

Solidopc

sorry bout lack of updates. long n short of it my laptops knackered, so i am unable to pop on regulary.

still growing away though. looking for a couple of mothers to keep and thinking of binning the multi-strain thing. the strains ive decided to look in are sensi nl#5/haze and jack herer. also some jh x's. including jh x ak47, jh x bd and jh x ww and nl#5/haze x jh. the others currently in the running are bubblegum from a mate, cheese x nl from a different mate, and from seed power plant, humbolt, psicodelicia, aroma and whitefire.

right now i have the nl#5/haze x jh, aroma and cheese x nl in flower. power plants, and ww x bd and jh x ww are in veg. my bubble cut is in the prop with cuts from all the above.

the nl#5/haze x jh is at day 21 or so today and is starting to form little heads. the stretch has been immense. they went in at 3 inches with 1 set of true leafs and are 4 foot now easily. ive had to tie them down to keep them under the light, but they dont seem to mind this at all. nor the cuts i took at day 10.

once these lot are done i'll be germing the sensi nl#5/haze, jh and some jack x's. got high hopes for them especially, and the power plants. smoked some amazing power plant before and jh, the nl#5/haze will be a first for me though.

back soon, but no pics till the laptop is fixed.

Solidopc

Just got back into my old account. Had rise the kids so quit the cropping back on top like a solarpanel lol (my jew name until I got bakx into this)

800watt skyline led light, 4 clones of my purple Punch mum & coco & canna nutes.

Snapchat-1534883105.jpg
Snapchat-73491271.jpg

Solidopc

Day 25 of 12/12. Pretty impressed with the bud growth so far with the led light. It's apparently equivalent to a 600watt hps.

Canna coco a+b. Hit the 4 of them with some pk 13/14 in a week or so.

EC is 1.4, PH 5.7.

She has an almost minty episode in flower. Smell is pretty addictive. Really comes out with a good cure too.

Solidopc

Anyone else who has a tank for feeding & I don't like using rhizo or zym in the tank as it has a tendancy to get a bit funky & I know that I am raising ph faster using an air stone to keep it from being standing water.

Is there a way of keeping ph more stable & the fed tubes clean?

Link me to something pls if you know. I'm not there where grow is much, so I can't just baby the thing. Luckily Purple Punch is a tough bitch, still I'm wanting to grow some haze leaning stuff. & I don't think Mango Haze is the best plant to be looking after half assed.