What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5gal buckets of Coco

solarz

I've got 5 I just started in Organic soil.

Starting 8 tomorrow. 7 will be the H3ad formula, 1 will be the same organics nutes I use currently. Just to see the difference. I might even do one with DutchMaster Gold, since that is what I use in my DWC.

Do you have drain holes in your buckets? If so what do they drain into, and how much run-off do you like to have?

Whats up Bobby...yes, i have drain holes in my straight coco pots, which are draining to waste in 12inch pot holders. I typically water to get just enough runoff to prevent salt buildups, but not too much to where i'm wasting nutes, etc.

My organic buckets are a bit different, as I use a hempy concept, but use amended coco on top of a reservoir of perlite. I have a single hole about 2-3 inches from the bottom of the 5gal bucket, and have the perlite filled to just above that hole, with the amended coco filling out the rest of the pot.

I planted 3 Warlock clones in straight coco earlier today (watered them with 1/2 strength Head Formula), and will put another 3 in the organic buckets tomorrow. I'll probably veg them out for about a month, them flower them once, hopefully, my flower closet is all finished up.

solarz

asher1er

Veteran
thanks fellas... things got a bit heavy in the room and timber went some of the colas.. pictures coming soon :joint:

whodi

Veteran
hey asher do you ever think about switching to vertical lightning? Wondering if you could put 4 plants around each bulb and yield even more?

asher1er

Veteran
hey asher do you ever think about switching to vertical lightning? Wondering if you could put 4 plants around each bulb and yield even more?

i've thought about it but from what i know that works best if you can rotate your plants every so often..

prolly try it sometime in the near future we'll see:joint:

T

Teeg420

sweet set up, dont rotate in vertical it leads to smaller yields, you have to look as if the front or side closet to the bulb is your canopy and anything behind is actually below the canopy. I love coco one of the best mediums i have used so far.

FLA.GOON

ASHER, WHATS UP BRO ? FUCK THAT ROOM LOOKS GREAT.:jawdrop:
I SEE YOU TRYIN TO DOUBLE UP ON THAT WEIGHT THIS TIME AROUND. NOW SPEED THINGS UP I WANT TO SEE THAT ON THE STREETS LOL! I 'M CALLING IT OUT NOW SAY ABOUT 20LBS GIVE OR TAKE.
GOOD LUCK KEEP IT UP :laughing:

asher1er

Veteran
thanks Bad, they are the cheap agrotech hoods but these where made a tad different for me.. the regular ones have a mirror like finish inside which i dont like so i had the standard machine finish inside not polished:joint:

Fla, u been mia hope all is well.. 20? for your mouth to the ganja gods ears homie :joint:

the position of my nets helf everything up last round all the colas stayed up straight etc i know i got em much much fatter n heavier this round as with the nets in the same spots all my tops bent over.. good sign? hope so :joint:

InjectTruth

Asher - thats a crazy ass room. No ventilation at all with 12k? How are temps not 100+? A single AC handles all that?

K+ for the huge coco plants :thumbsup:

still2big

Yeah you runnin a 5ton ac in that?

Saw a fcker on the news today from down here. Had bunker under his house. Looked like your pics but the lights were all vertical. 216 plants i think.....looked like the typical cuban grow. Big wide black pots filled with soil....

wish i had a goddamn bunker....

asher1er

Veteran
whats ventilation mean?:laughing:

yeah i have a 5 ton, a bit to much but she gets the job done:joint:
s2b what news station?:fsu:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
didnt even know this thread was runnin holmz,you shoulda kicked me a link yo...tagged up now,better late then never right?
peace-T-

asher1er

Veteran
Tona, you know i always got somethin runnin out my way :joint:

s2b, shortly after my post i seen the news.. the alphabet boys are always at it out in these parts.. its somethin we gotta live with i guess:wallbash: