What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Raygun's perpetrecircoco multi strain grow show

raygun

HoP- I actually will empty my res once every 60 days or so. If things start to get funky I'll change it sooner but when its dialed in there is no need to change it.
It does stay at the same level due to the auto-topper which is essential IMHO. I will add a teaspoon of this or that as needed along the way.

With my system I actually have 10-12 gal total with the pre-res and I need to fill my pre-res once every 3 or so days at the worst. With a 20 gal pre-res. in my set up I could go for 2 weeks probably, and if I incrased the volume in the main res to full capacity could go 3 weeks possibly.

It is a home made tray I made as I needed something custom. 1x2" for the sides, 1/8" thick white board for the bottom some screws and two layers of the thickest painters plastic tarp I could find at the local home improvement store. Add a little spray adhesive to keep the plastic down, foil tape to tape the plastic to the top/edges of the sides, silicone for the corners and a bulkhead for a drain and walla instant custom drain table for ~$30 I'd say? I had the bulk head, and white board the rest I had to buy. It was easier than I thought.

petemoss

Raygun, your plants look just beautiful! Nice healthy looking leaves right to the end. I've made the switch to pure coco but still haven't managed to keep my plantlets green. Starting the third week in flower, they develop yellowing fan leaves that turn crispy and fall off. I'm using nearly the same feed and additives as you: GH flora Micro and Bloom, Floralicious plus, Hygrozyme, Liquid Karma, KoolBloom liquid, molassas, and Plant Success Mycorrhizae. Could you tell me some specifics about your feeding schedule, EC and PH? I'll try to mimic your nute regimen for starters and hand water until I can automate to a top drip.

raygun

Hey Pete are the yellow leaves the lower ones? If so I get that as well. I think that it's something to do with the nitrogen levels but have not yet figured it out yet. There not that many of them so I don't worry about it What is your pH? I did have a serious isssue with what you are describing when I did not have a pH pen to monitor the level.

Specifics on my feed schedule would be kind of hard to :

In veg. I'm no scientist with the measurements but I put about 2-3 teaspoon of floranova grow in a 5 gal bucket with an airstone. Some times I'll put in some hygrozyme some times some molassas. I keep the pH between 5.8-6.4. It'll rise some times when I don't pay attention to it. I hand water and will capture the runoff and put back in the 5 gal bucket for recirculation. I do have to add pH down every now and then. The ec typically does not exceed 1.6 bu try to keep it at 1.2 if I mix a new batch. My starting water is really clean typically between .1-.2 ec to start. I'll toss it out if the pH starts to get really unstable with daily rapid increases or decreases, other than that I top it off after about 1/2 way empty and will throw it out when there is about 1/3 of that left. by that time the ec is like 1.6-1.8 and pH 6.4

In flower look at post #35 it sums it up.

If there is anything specific that you want just let me know.

petemoss

Thanks for the info, raygun. Other than the fact that you water four times a day while I go once a day with slight runoff, I'm basically doing what you are. It's a puzzle to me why my plants are so unhealthy looking. My best guess is that my coco is too high in K and that is locking out N. I'll try to add some fish emulsion (5-1-1) and see how they react.

The yellowing starts at the bottom fan leafs and moves up. By week five, some fan tips are brown and crispy. here's a pic after three weeks flower:
After the stretch, they deteriorate quickly and lose most fan leafs. My coco is bagged Canna, so I don't think that's the problem. PH is 5.5 - 6.0 and EC starts at 0.8 and builds to 1.2 EC - not drastically different from yours. So why are these coco plants barely making it to the end alive? Must be something I'm overlooking.

raygun

Petemoss I don't think its K locking out N. I looked in your thread and it looks more like N def. Adding the 5-1-1 should help stop the yellowing and perhaps adding it from the start of flower till about week 3 or 4 since you have it available.

PurplePotion I don't have a scale but will say that what I have harvested these last few times have been a lot less than what it should be due to my pH complications and N def issues early on. But based on me and my ladies herbal consumption I'd say that I was getting .5-1 oz per plant and on the light side of those #'s. To be honest the harvests have been lack luster in the volume area but that is due to issues previously mentioned.

However in a month or so when I harvest that 2nd row from the right in the cab pict on post #33 I expect at least 1oz per plant if not 2. There are 2 of them in that row but they are growing like they should and should yeild very well.

raygun

BIG UPDATE!

BIG UPDATE!

Ok I took a bunch of picts recently for updates.
There is a lot going on in the cab right now. I have 11 different ladies in there and just put in 3 new plants from seed. So 14 different plants all running on the same res in different flowering times. Lets start the show shall we :smoke:

First up we have Shooting Star #20 day 43. This is the most citrus smelling lady I've found in the bunch. I'm taking her to 80+ days this time around to see if she'll pack more of a punch in the final product. However at 65-70 days I could smoke her all day and her high is good for socializing or functioning while high. Very clear heady almost forget I'm high. This plant will produce arm length colas easily in a larger set up growing trees. Both of the Shooting stars that I kept so far and that you will see in these picts have branches 14-22" long and buds from bottom to top.
picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery

Next is the Shooting Star #17 also at day 43 and is the frostiest of the bunch. This one packs a punch at 65-70 days all in the head. I'll be letting her go to 75+ days or so this time around if I can pull out a little body lift out of her.

picture.php

I have a bunch more to update so I'm going to make a new post for each section of the cab (row of plants).
Hope you enjoy!
~raygun~​

raygun

BIG UPDATE part duce

BIG UPDATE part duce

For this one we start off with some more Shooting star plants this time from seed. We have 4 new ladies to work with and one of them looks outstanding with very hazy sativa leaves and early bud development that is amazing.

So on with the show!!
Starting off with SS#1

SS #2 day 33, This one is my personal favorite out of this new bunch of seeds.
picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery

Last but not least SS #5 day 33
picture.php

View image in gallery
picture.php

View image in gallery

Because I stuffed 4 of them in one row I had to keep the branching to a min and so most of these do only have 4 +/- a couple branches.
Up next is.....stay tuned.:joint:
~raygun~

Work2much

I just realized I've read this thread about five times but never stopped by and said hello. Very nice RG, we have similar grow styles. In what doses do you use all those additives? How would you compare LK with Floro Plus?

I'm having good, maybe even very good sucsess I'd say with the "new formula" CNS-17 and Liquid Karma as a combo. Right now I'm growing out a bunch of cheap/old strains consisting of freebies, bagseed, affordable Nirvana strains etc just to go through my stock and play with some different grow ideas I've had with coco. I must say, I've been problem free at a dose of 50% for both the above nutes all the way through veg and into flower at 5.8 PH. Its almost boring how easy its been lol.

Sorry for rambling on your thread man, I do that sometimes.

raygun

BIG UPDATE Tripple crown

BIG UPDATE Tripple crown

Ok so these are SBBX #4 and #14 day 58. Gonna let #4 go to 65 days and #14 60.
Click on the pict for the names

Lastly is some cabage picts. You can see the new seed plants I put in at the far right. They will remain in those cups till sexed, then cuts taken of the females for clones and transplnated in to the larger pots. As you can see I can smash 4 of the 5x5x5's in there and can get 3 of the 6x6x8's in there if I wanted but typically will only do 3 of the 5x5's or 2 6x6's. It all depends on how large I let the plants get in veg and how many I need to put in to flower.

I like this pict. The CFL blocked the HPS just enought so that the HPS did not blow out the lighting in the shot.

Hope you all enjoy!

Work2much - Thanks for stopping by :wave:
On this last res change I added:
4tsp - FNB (floranova bloom)
4tsp - FLB
1tsp - FL+
.5tsp - Koolbloom
6tsp - LK
3tsp - Molassas
6tsp - hygrozyme

Basically I kinda followed the bottle of floranova for the EC reading it said the dose should give and it was really close to what it actually was. At 1tsp/gal its supposed to be 1.3ec. I did 4tsp in ~6 gal and got a 1.0ec final or a .8 increase from starting ec. Or ~.66tsp/gal
My res is about 6 gal and right after I mixed all of this my pH was 6.2 and EC of 1.2.. Starting water of 6.2 pH and .2 EC. I would check the EC after each item I dosed out and the FNB and KB were really the only things to increase the EC. It was about 1.0 after adding the FNB 1st and did not jump to 1.1-1.2 untill after the kool bloom add. I added everything in order as listed as well and it settled down at that 1.2 EC.

I think I like the floraplus much better than the LK its much more concentrated and is a better buy over all. I've had the LK and don't always add it but since I have it I use it. However probably will not pick up another bottle when this on runs out.

No worries about rambling, I do that my self:laughing:. Once its dialed in it is almost boring however opening the cab every day and seeing progress daily never gets old:woohoo:

I've been hearing good thngs about CNS and coco. Supposed to be cheeper in upfront costs than floranova but you need to use more in dosing is the the impression of it I get. Is it thick like the nova series is or is it liquid like GH 3 part? How much are you dosing out?

raygun

Sourbubble X [grapefruit x c99]

Sourbubble X [grapefruit x c99]

Almost forgot to add the sourbubble x {grapefruit x c99 (wally)} that I got going! This thing is a monster and I love its vigor.

Its about 10 days flower and just stoped its stretch. You can see its started to transition to bud production so perhaps another inch or two in height with bud growth.

:yeahthats

raygun

Hey Eman I use a mag drive always have. Good little pumps minimum maintenance.
I think that it is a 500gph one IIRC.
However I have it inline not submerged.

Last edited:

raygun

Ok so I did it. Did what you ask?

I added a small hanging aquarium filter to my res.

Why?

Well I was having what I could only call organic particulate matter forming in my res and that was causing a greater than normal rise in my pH (I think). I added the filter (had one sitting in the garage) and cut out a section of thick pond filter material to put in the filter section. There is no active carbon or anything other than the foam filter to catch the particulate matter.

I have had it installed now for about 5 days and don't know why I did not do this sooner. I have been thinking about doing it for quite some time now but just never did it. My pH has stabilized with in 2 days after adding the filter, it eliminates the air stone need and recirculates the water without adding heat like a submerged pump. My rez is clear and I don't have to worry about cleaning my pre-filters as much now!

I think that the filter pad will allow a good place for more beneficials to grow and further help keep my res healthy and active and alive. If anyone has done something similar please chime in.

As for the grow things are moving right along nicely I might add. I should have some updated picts soon of the 2 shooting stars that are close to harvest. The sourbubble x C99 has turned in to a monster! Its huge and a little over grown for my cab but I'm so looking forwards to its bounty. Its got this slight lemon funk smell. The other Shooting Stars are coming along nicely and looks like I may have 2 that I will keep for future projects.

I have put in 2 groups of 3 of some new PNW seeds I got from an outdoor grower from there grow last year. The predom smell from these is anise/black liquorish/fennel. They display traits that are clearly indi-sat. hybrid traits. I'm keeping these in the 16oz cups all the way though the grow I think. Since they are fairly untested bagseed basically, I don't want to waste any coco or floor room on them until the 2nd time around.

Thats my update for now. Please stop by and say high!
Safe growing
~raygun~

Work2much

Hey RG, to answer your questions above I'd say the CNS is not as thick as FN, but not as thin as regular GH. It doesn't require the bigtime shaking the FN does so thats nice.

As far as doses I've always gone by PPM's, and I've gotten up to 1300-1400 in flower with no nute burn and the plants grow crazy fast.

I have a new bottle of each the FNG and the FNF so I'll be doing a side by side with some clones soon using CNS and FN and post my results.

petemoss

Hi raygun,
You wrote:
On this last res change I added:
4tsp - FNB (floranova bloom)
4tsp - FLB
1tsp - FL+ ....

What is FLB? Floralicious bloom?

raygun

Pete yeah thats what it is.

Work2much - thanks for the info please show me a link when you get that side by side going. I don't mind the shaking its kind of a mini workout.

petemoss

Ray, if you're already adding a full dose of FL+ (Floralicious Plus), why do you need the FLB? I thought FL+ was the new version that replaced FLG and FLB in the GH line up.

One more Q (I'm full of questions today). How did you take those nice pix of your plants and the lit CFL in the same pic? When I try that, the bright light messes up the exposure and the plants end up too dark. I only recently learned to use the "backlight" setting to eliminate the yellow colors with a flash. Does your cam have a special setting?

raygun

Nope it did not replace it its another additive similar to Liquid Karma. There is an old post where a few of us were dicussing this a couple years ago. I'll look for it later.

The FL+ is 2.8-0.8-0.02 NPK wth 15% Humic Acids from leonardite.
Its derived from a lot more than what FLB is.

I took the below from the GH site. The above came from the bottles I have.

As to the pictures it's just luck. I'll take 3-5 pictures for every one that I post I just put my fuji coolpix on auto and shoot away.

FLORALICIOUS PLUS ™
Super Concentrated Nutrient Enhancer

Its all in there! Floralicious Plus is a super concentrated blend of plant, marine, and mineral extracts. Floralicious Plus is a one part nutrient additive to be used throughout the plants growing cycle.

Floralicious Plus contains the natural building blocks of life and is used in addition to your regular fertilizer program.

Floralicious Plus enhances mineral nutrient uptake and transport in your plants. The active carbon technology facilitates the conversion and biosynthesis of complex secondary aromatic compounds. Floralicious Plus enhances metabolic growth, promotes flower development, encourages fruit swelling, and facilitates essential oil production. Floralicious Plus will also encourage beneficial microbial activity in the root zone.

Floralicious Plus means plants with incredible flavor and extraordinary yield!

FLB is 1-1-1 with 1% Humic extract leonardite.
FLORALICIOUS™
Organic Based Supplement

Floralicious is a potent organic nutrient additive made from the best nature has to offer. A highly concentrated blend of plant, marine plants, and mineral extracts, Floralicious allows users to experience flavors, aroma, and yield like never before! And Floralicious is much more economical to use than the leading supplement. Guided by the latest scientific findings, our unique fermentation process creates a potent blend of phytostimulants and biometabolic precursors that enables Floralicious to bring out your plants full genetic potential. Floralicious augments metabolic activity in the root zone, stimulates Krebs cycle metabolism, and facilitates mineral transport and bioconversion. In addition, Floralicious enhances polyamine synthesis and encourages the biosynthesis of complex secondary aromatic compounds. Floralicious contains a perfect balance of vitamins, phytohormones, humic acids, polysaccharides, fructans, beta-glucans, L-amino acids, and polyflavonoids. Floralicious leads to hydroponics with flavor and incredible yields!
FLORALICIOUS™ BLOOM
Organic Based Supplement

Floralicious Bloom Promotes maximum flower size and fruit swelling for heavier yields. Offers phenomenal flavor and bouquet upon harvest. Leads to more coloration that is vibrant with an improved overall appearance.

Latest posts

Latest posts