What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"the high-pod"

headseed

sleepyrz said:
you can not compare HID lighting to CFL

CFL dont have the bleed that HID's do

CFL are more to the tune of specific wavelengths where HID's throw out a huge band

the fact is that with 4100's you are missing the most efficient parts of the color spectrum

awesome you know LED's perfect

which means you know that you have to pick the right colors

or you wont get shit

which is the flaw here

now dont misunderstand me because i assume most of you are

im not saying that the 4100k lights wont grow plants as we all know it will

but say if you wanted to get more yield at the end (2700k) or say if you wanted them to veg more compact and with more budsites(6500k)

that is the way you would go

its just that out of all the bulbs to pick you picked the one in the middle of the spectrum where the plant uses the least
why

do

you

hit

enter

after

every

fragment?

Word wrap my friend, word wrap!

Great grow infectualize, I'd rep if I could (anyone know what the postcount is that will allow me to give rep?).

Kodaxx

Alright! Everyone quit hatin and let's get back to the grow!

Let's leave it at this:

IT'S GOOD TO EXPERIMENT. IF YOU FEEL THAT A DIFFERENT K RATING ON LIGHTS WILL GIVE YOU A BETTER YIELD....TRY IT! NEXT MAYBE TRY A DIFFERENT K RATING ON A DIFFERENT BULB....SEE WHAT HAPPENS! MARIJUANA GROWING IS ALL ABOUT FUN AND EXPERIMENTING SO EVERYONE QUIT HATING ON EACH OTHER!

flashog

sleepyrz:
There is no K degree for green light.
You're clearly just repeating some pseudo science that somebody else has pulled out of his or her ass.
Please go do some more homework and stop spreading bullshit on the forums.

flashog

By the way, I'm sorry (no, not you sleepyrz) that the focus is being pulled away from the real subject here. Let's get back on track, and you guys: start rocking those trash cans! Whatever lamp you decide to use, the world definitely needs more stuff like this!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AndreNicky said:
I've heard quite a few people state this(especially regarding flowering)
From anyone who actually has used one?

Great job, In!

(It should be obvious that inefectualize is not one that can be phucked with on light spectrums. The man does it for a living.)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I think Infect got such good results with 4100K bulbs because if you truly know about indoor growing plants only need a tiny bit of Red light because the use red very efficiently since they only receive a little bit of it from the sun and look how well outdoor plants do... Bombarding plants with red light is actually kinda retarded when it's the rest of the spectrum they need a lot of to grow proper but everyone just see's HPS being used so thats what they go with and how are we ever going to progress if everyone does the same thing?? Look at me and DrBud we break all the so called rules of cannabis growing.... My buddy's Horticulture Teacher says "nothing is impossible with horticulture" So I like to keep a open mind shit even Jorge Cervantes say's "an expert grower learns something new every grow"

hyposomniac

To change the topic a bit... I've got three strains recently germed and coming along nicely, and plan to grow them all at once in the high pod.
One plant is a feminized seed.. (ch9's jack33), then two plants each of mazar i sharif and SSH f2s. All from seed, sex unknown.

As soon as the lights arrive, i'll start vegging them all in the POD, take clones of each and sex them in another place.

I'm hoping for one female of each to do three plants in the pod at once. If there's more than three, i'll keep them there and train accordingly.

With multiple plants, they obviously wont be growing from the same central location, so I'm thinking about getting one or two bulbs right down the center of the can.

Thoughts, flames?

Kodaxx

hyposomniac said:
To change the topic a bit... I've got three strains recently germed and coming along nicely, and plan to grow them all at once in the high pod.
One plant is a feminized seed.. (ch9's jack33), then two plants each of mazar i sharif and SSH f2s. All from seed, sex unknown.

As soon as the lights arrive, i'll start vegging them all in the POD, take clones of each and sex them in another place.

I'm hoping for one female of each to do three plants in the pod at once. If there's more than three, i'll keep them there and train accordingly.

With multiple plants, they obviously wont be growing from the same central location, so I'm thinking about getting one or two bulbs right down the center of the can.

Thoughts, flames?

I would love to see this. Remember to take pictures and post them here on IC so we can all follow along!

flashog

hyposomniac said:

Thoughts, flames?

Maybe you can use this as an inspiration:

Last edited:

Thex420

First Post

First of all, Hello to everyone, been reading for awhile and decided it was time to apply for an account.

I made this account just to say this... DAMN ! Super easy, great yield, stealth design, and a sick name to go with "High Pod"

Also, that pod that flashog posted is yours with about $800 dollars to burn. Its got all the bells and whistles..

Way to grow !

hyposomniac

Wll Kappy, for mine I'm going to try a blower I salvaged from a junk hot water heater - the 'windjammer'
If that fails I'll move on to the next cheapest option, a bathroom extraction fan from home depot for $10.

Last edited:

ayekappy

hyposomniac said:
Wll Kappy, for mine I'm going to try a blower I salvaged from a junk hot water heater - the 'windjammer'
If that fails I'll move on to the next cheapest option, a bathroom extraction fan from home depot for $10.

Really just 10$? How much CFM do you think the fan needs to pull?

Also I know it's been asked, but I'd just like to reiterate the subject... please make a DIY guide! I'm very bad at building :bashhead:

Hi inefectualize,

This is my first post... I had to join and say your pod is absolutely brilliant! :rasta: Thanks for letting us in on it. I would say for beginners the hardest part would be the wiring, as you said earlier in the thread.

Would you be able to give us the deep technical details on what to do to get the wiring perfect?

Again... maximum, maximum respect for you man,
TV :jump: :jump: :jump:

bbing

I get best results w/ 96w 6500k CFL's by Coralife. These are used for planted tanks as well. I have used 10k and combos as well but the plants always look the most agressively healthy when supplemented with the 6500k's.

Dont laugh, but I have used actinic .03's and to 10k's mix an match just "to see". The blues visually seem to me to stimulate green chlorophyl and have produced discernable results in veg. I can veg almost any strain I grow completely on 96w CFL's w/o detriment.

Last edited:

Amoeba

Sorry for bumping this old thread :nono:

But what's the final smoke report? Are you still using the pod to grow veggies? Would you recommend the design to others? Can I save more money by switching to Geico?

All in all this is a fantastic way to grow some plants. Two of them would easily fit in a closet!

:joint: