What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow bunches of questions

Huggie bear

Well today they got the first transition dose of open sesame and beastie bloomz I hope they enjoy it..
On a side note I have decide to downsize my grow in the future and ordered a rocketfish server tower that is 24 high by 22 long which will be housing a 100 watt CMH set up.
As I am a lone midnight toker I do not think I will need the larger box I am running now.
I am aiming for a perpetual harvest scenario.

Huggie bear

Well one of my Chimera grapefruit * blueberry got the crap kicked out of it!
Turns out the nute mix of open sesame/beastie bloomz had a PH of like 4.7 which caused lockout and almost overnight yellowing and dieing off of some of the major fan leaves :(
But I flushed the ones that showed to be the most sensitive to this and will have to boost the PH of my nute mix.. I wanted to add some dolomite to my nutes anyways so maybe that will help.

Huggie bear

My PC case and 100 watt CMH arrived today so I will begin construction on that as soon as I can..
Really looking forward to building something new.
I will begin a new thread once that begins as I will be using that for reveging and running my second grow.

Huggie bear

Ok little update on the current status of my grow.

over all I am very happy thus far in how things are going.
Everything is starting to fatten up nicely with the beastie bloomz.
My PC case that I am building will be a swc grow so I have began to collect the needed items for that.

Huggie bear

Yup down to the home stretch! I will be giving them a soaking with cha-ching then that should be about it time to flush.
Already getting some lovely amber to the trichs

Huggie bear

Well I have about a week to 10 days before I chop the lot down for my very first harvest :)
My timer died this morning so the light did not turn on but ahh well it shouldn't have a lot of effect at this stage.
Looks like I should have a decent harvest but no where near an ounce per plant i had hoped for.
I flushed them with like 2 to 3 gallons on Monday and will be flushing them again once they dry out.
I hope to put some time in on the pc cab and get that put together.
On the Pc build I haven't done much still need to mount the ballast in a spare PC power supply I have and get light fixture mounted.
I was thinking of putting a divider up which would be made of half inch Acrylic and sealing up the compartment venting it out the top.
I will be doing a reveg on my mothers to take cuttings from when they are ready.
Once I determine my favorite of the 3 strains I have running now I will run a full on grow with 3 of those in the Swc set up I am building and toss the others.
the remaining mothers after will be moved to my spare veg cab for future use..

Huggie bear

bummer you had no final pics! how did it turn out?

Sorry about that.
I was very pleased with all but the chimera GF x BB I didn't care for the buzz.
Yield was decent giving me smoke for about six months even while sharing with friends.
Current grow is going well but no thread this time.