What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Military's Grow Shows: Grow #3, Part 2, New Setup, 100% redesigned

Military

WELCOME TO Military's GROW SHOWS
Currently on Grow #3
Part 2: New Setup, 100% redesigned

Quick overview-
Hey there everyone. I'm back with my Grow Show going on Part 2 :p This time I have
100% redesigned my Grow CAB. Hoping to get a perpetual CAB with 1week harvests is my goal with this
CAB.

To keep everything nice and neat and updates are easy to follow for everyone, Here is how I do things.
Every week I update with photos and descriptions it will be edited into THIS HERE FIRST OPENING POST
in the thread. So Below will be edited and the previous update will be "knocked" down and the NEW update will take its place.

This is so everyone can always know where the update is if they have been gone for a while and dont feel like searching
through pages of new missed posts. And its easier for me :p

CAB SPECS-
Plants-
2 Unknown SEX bagseed
Pheno = N/A
Strain = N/A

System:
Recirculating Deep Water Culture(DWC) Setup
1x 30 Gallon reservoir
4x air pumps
4x 6 Quart plant containers

Dimensions:
17.5 x 31.5 x 33.5 inches
44.5 x 80 x 85.1 cm
18466.875 cubic inches
302956 cubic cm
3.82 square footprint

Lights-
1x 400watt CMH Lamp

Nutes-
B.C Boost
B.C Bloom
B.C Grow

Supplements-
Dr Hornby's BIG BUD

Ventilation-
160-170 cfm 6" inline fan

================================================================================
===============
================================================================================
===============
===============
===============

Ok Here are some PICTURES whats going on now :-D
They will show a little progress of making the CAB insulated to control TEMPs easier. The CAB is
I'd say about 94% SEALED. So only air exchange LEAVING is only out of the EXHAUST that goes into the
room the CAB is in :-D The one pic you can see I have 3 layers of Insulation.
First layer is Bubble Wrap
Second layer is Aluminum Foil
Third layer is Flat White paper
These layers didn't only help me with sealing my CAB but the insulation helps aid in IR protection hehe.

Any questions please feel free to ask. The CAB isnt 100% finished yet. I still have to go out
and pick up the Recir system parts.

BUT PICTURE TIME !!!

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

Nice. :wave:

I will offer that if you rotate your light 90 degress, you'll get more light to the plants on the ends, but it's hard to tell rather or not you have room to do that.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Nice setup. You said you were using DWC recirculation system right? How do you plan on flushing and starting new clones?? With four system are you planing on harvesting every two week??

Military

Pig-Pen said:
Nice. :wave:
I will offer that if you rotate your light 90 degress, you'll get more light to the plants on the ends, but it's hard to tell rather or not you have room to do that.
yes, trust me lol iv spent many minutes wanting to turn the tube 90 degrees also, BUT the tube will be to close to the doors of the CAB and block some air flow... cant have that :( BUt fuck it l ol its a CMH not a CFL like my last grows so Ima not to upset about it :p

Connoisseur300 said:
Nice setup. You said you were using DWC recirculation system right? How do you plan on flushing and starting new clones?? With four system are you planing on harvesting every two week??
Yes yes ima going to have a DWC Recir for sure. Its going to be my own design a little different from more others. Main difference with mine is that not all my "water" is going to be the on the same lvl. My Res is going to be lower then my plant "buckets.

And I should have a every 1 to 2 week harvests yes once i have everything set and finished. BUt dont jump on my with a million questions just yet. The CAB isnt 100% done yet. but tomorrow it should be

FreezerBoy said:
What kinda' suckification you got goin' on the cool tube?
Opps hah I did the same thing on another forum. I forgot to mention my Ventilation. Its nothing massive BUT i think that it might do that trick. A 160-170cfm inline fan. Its kinda really RIGGED up wi th ducktape on the back of my CAB haha sticks out about.. a foot MEH.

Thanks for stopping buy everyone :-D Grow show will be taking off shortly hehe

jrw

Tagging long. Everything looking great and under control.

And one for the stoner: how many plants are you flowering? :joint:

G

Looks like everythings moving along u lazy bastard :bashhead:.I was just about to shot u a pm too,can't wait to see the new cab in action so let me pull up a chair and light one up :joint:.

Military

jrw- Thanks for the stop by man :-D heeh Show is about to really start up full force in about a weeks time...Really it already is going because my plants dont need anything right now.. and They are going to be my cloner plants.

BUT Im going to be having 8 plants inside flowering CAB all the time. It will be a weekly harvest till ... i stop lol

pothead2-HEY MAN long time no speak bro :-D How ya been.. Same shit different day here hehe. ya man this grow is DEF going to be my best yet.. of course though haha

Ok quick update people. The 2 plants i got in my mini DWC CAB are growing GREAT!! looking at them now and they are about.. 3-4inches high already :-D

BUT I went to my local store just a min ago and bout my elbows and TEEs that i need for my REcir system DWC but they were out of 3/4in tube. SO, gotta wait about a week for them to get more then Ill be back in full swing :-D

Hope to see you all soon :-D Take it easy

Smoke On

Military

HEY HEY HEY PEOPLE!!!!!!!! im back after about a 1month break of growing...

No reason at all why I took so much time off... besides, been waiting for my tubing to get in, and its in now, but now been so busy with work its been hard for me to get to the HD store in time before it closes.. lol They have been holding my lengths for about a week and a half now lol

BUT I think i should be getting them today, I have 2 plants started though, I think they both are boys :( So i started a new batch of germing a few days ago...

I dont know about them either though, one looks like its coming out, but maybe they are in a too hot of a place..

85-90 'F to hot for germing?

Hope to see you all soon :p because the Military Grow show is about to beginning once again !!!!!!!!!!

Smoke on and take it easy fellows

Military

Hey there everyone :-D Ok i fucking FINALLY got all my parts for this new design(mind my french) lol This week Ill be putting it together, I hope the 2 plants i have vegging for the past month have at least 1 female, but i dont know I think i got dicked with these 2 plants.. :( But well see..

I just wanta give a heads up for tonight and tomorrow to check out my shit, ill have some pics up for sure. Going to make a cloner today and most likely post pics after its finished.

The second i see these guys root im throwing them into 12/12 flower stage.. so i can tell what is what..

stay tuned guys THE MILITARY IS BACK ! lol

Smoke on

Military

stke_fingas said:
"and then".... lol no more "and then"

O there is MORE :-D

Hey there everyone, finally posting an update after 2 failures with DWC AND SOIL...the DWC i had just got way to hot a few times while i was at work... so those plants for all messed..

I've really been working on my soil skill lately, because I have a little mother/vegging rubber maid now, and I dont want to have a DWC setup plus a Bubble cloner in the maid..

would take up to much room, so i have to get my mommys in soil which is much easier space wise :-D

I got these 4 babies going now, 3 are from really good dank/nugs and the really small guy is from just normal marsh bagseed.

any pheno details or race and shit i have no idea...

BAG SEED!!!!!!!!

so never the less here are some pics on the little maid setup :-D

They are in order when i took them..these pics are over about a ..2 week period. The last 3 pics were taken about 20mins ago.

Last edited:

Military

HEY There everyone :-D New update coming soon, Plants all almost 3"+ YIPPY!! About 2 more weeks till i can take some clones :-D

Military

Quick update guys :-D

As you can see, these four darlings are doing just FABULOUS!!!!!! and they are all soil :-D Which makes it even better.

Really soon I am going to transplant them into there final homes. I already topped them a while ago, only one of them was a successful topping, the others had to be topped again to force 2 main colas.

I'm yet to sex them, but thats going to happen after I take clones, root them, then throw them straight into 12/12 light. Perpetual grow is slowly making its way :-D

Military

teddybud said:
you should take the covers off the soil... let the roots breath more :joint:

no way man :-D That soil is about 50-60% Perlite, those roots have plenty of air exchange. It's a little trick to cover the soil so it stays moist, then the roots will grow all they to the top of the soil as well. So thats more root mass :-D

Try it out.

Smoke on

Update coming soon :p

Military

O ya hey there everyone :-D Update this weekend. The babies are about ... 3x the size of my last update..
they are really starting to shoot up. Going to transplant them into some ... 4-5inch pots.. most likely going to
be there last home.

They are also very ready for some cuttings, so Ima going to make my bubble cloner also, and take 2 cuttings
from each "mom" Should be a good show ladies and gents :-D Keep an eye open hehe

Going to be a GRAND show indeed.

Smoke On :-D

Latest posts

Latest posts