6 CFLs + CO2, goal 150grams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Military
    Oops my bad was a typo. I was thinking about my mother plant that will be getting 12 CFLs, Might actually just use my current 6 which should be just fine..

Sorry for the typo I ment 6 ; 26watt CFLs
    Thanks for the clarification.

Did you mention the strain?
    Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

1 sqft CFL Cab & other CFL micro cabs

Comment

All Bag Seeds lol Ill probably never buy seeds, just woundnt feel comfortable.
      Maybe after being here for a few years and I get to know some members maybe Ill buy from them but not any stores or something lol.

But anyways I have a few questions for my new set ups i have coming. .
      General answers would be the focus, I know some of you can get really technical quick :P

1) Anything special with Pulse Start and nonPulse start bulbs or lamps?

2) What is better 50k lumens or 30k lumens?

3) Whats difference with the EPA Compliant lamps and the standard lamps?

4) Do the below lamps, ballasts, and sockets all go together without any issues?

Hopefully the answers to those questions don't conflict with what I have picked out so far, but have no purchased anything yet.
      Heres what Im looking at so far...

They will probably be about 2 feet from each other, so yes the plants on the edges will get mostly 1 type of light, which is what Id be looking for because then ill get different types of growth and different bud :P
      Last edited by Military; 01-15-2008, 22:49.
      Check out my Grow Shows :P

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

1) Pulse start bulbs require pulse start ballasts. Don't mess with these, keep it simple and go with "standard" bulbs and equipment.

2) More is generally better, bu not necessarily. You're also not looking for lumens; search for "lumens", "spectrum", "PAR", etc, and you'll get a better idea.

3) With that ballast kit, you'll need:

Housing (optional, but extremely highly recommended in your situation)
        Nuts & bolts to mount the equipment onto the housing
        Wires
        Socket
        Lamp cord
        Power cord

... maybe a couple more things I forgot.

4) EPA compliant lamps... not sure... but if I had to, I'd guess that they have lower amounts of mercury than a traditional bulb.
        Last edited by clowntown; 01-15-2008, 22:50.

Comment

Thanks man for the info.

Well after some more searching and finally finding a site that has many people saying they have used it before and said they have great service I went ahead and bought all my lighting just now.

$183.18 later I now have
          -1x 400watt MH
          -1x 400watt MH Ballast
          -1x 400watt HPS
          -1x 400watt HPS Ballast

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

Military...

Nice grow, mad props!

maybe i missed it but what strain are these???

Halogen light is in the correct spectrum for growing, however it is VERY HOT. No one person... scientist or hobbyist would ever reccomend using them.

Stick with the CFL 42's... My very first experiment with indoor growing was a G13 Hybrid plant and 3 x 42 w .... I got about 3/4 oz or 12 grams. This was in soil w organic applications. I would say you could go over a ounce with a good strain, good nutrients, and hydro.

Good luck!

BTW: EPA compliant lighting or Energy Star either have followed certain guidelines on hazardous waste or energy consumption. This factor does not affect us as growers!

Need help? Ask! I want to give back what i recieve here!
            Last edited by Navigator330; 01-16-2008, 04:12.
            OG REFUGEE
            "I felt like my spine was a yo-yo with my head just bouncing off my ass like a jack in the box"

Navigators 2009 Indoor GreenHouse, Anna C, CH9, Grapevine Seeds and More!:woohoo:
            THE BOMB SHELTER 2008 Shutdown!

:party:

Comment

Navigator330>>>
              Nice hunnys you got there :P Thanks man, Glad to see another person that really
              likes my grow.

Just wait till you see my current project at hand making my new grow area.
              It will still be in the micro section because i feel its still micro, But the yield im looking at is hopefully around 400-500grams :P So atleast 1 pound of great quality bud :P

But hey, you say.."My very first experiment with indoor growing was a G13 Hybrid plant and 3 x 42 w .... I got about 3/4 oz or 12 grams."

Hum.. My first grow, was under the same CFLs i have now, 6 ; 26watters
              and I yield 55gram.

Shit, what iv seem done with a CFL, i can only wait to see what my new 400watt HPS and 400watt MH do. 800watt total mix spec.. Pretty crazy stuff lol.

All of my grows are from BAG SEEDS. I dont want to buy seeds, nor
              will I ever. I have no problem taking the 1 seed you MIGHT get out of
              a nice bad of nugs or dank and growing it with a hydro system and making
              it even better because its fresh and hasnt been through any hands yet.

PS>>> I just got down plowing for 7 hours and its 7am now, so im really tired, so bare with me on my spelling and grammar atm :P
              Last edited by Military; 01-16-2008, 11:50.

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

I'm growing under a 400 watt hps and I'm going to buy another 400 watt and run my mh conversion bulb there, so we'll both be doing the mixed spectrum thing.
                My space is similar to yours, except I have more headroom. I'm doing the scrog too, though, even though I don't really need to. I haven't done one before from from reading about it I head it really increases yields: instead of all those popcorn buds you get from lower branches, you get full main colas cause those lower branches grow like top colas (something to do with releasing growth hormones when you bend the main stem).
                The only problem is that once that scrog screen in grown in, you cant lift the lids of your buckets to troubleshoot things inside, although I don't see how we would need to do that since there's no mechanicals in the buckets...
                BTW, where'd you get all your lights so cheap? I'm thinking the internet, but those prices are even cheaper than mdhydro . com...

M.U.R.D.A. : Midwest Underground Reefer Development Alliance

Bababooey's 600+400w grow, Coco, Smartpots, Maxibloom, Calmag.

Midwest Grower's Unite!

Trapped in a Closet! 800watt grow.

Bababooey's Mushroom Grow!

Comment

Looking good Military i'll be keeping an eye on your grow.

Comment

Hey babebooey, Nice to see we have a similar setup going, We will for sure have to compare once I finish mine fully hehe.

The pic's of the equip is from Businesslights I THINK..
                    Just do this to find the link. In this forum search "150 Club"
                    It should be the first result but looks for something thats like
                    "150 Clue Resource blah blah blah"

PotHead>>> hells ya man, You been with my thread for a while now for sure :P Glad to see your on board for my new area. About to go out and but the 6" inline fans and flat white paint now :P

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

those roots are awsome. Buds are gunna be huge
                      Feminized Power Plant Scrog

sigpic

Comment

Ok guys here some updates on my current CFL babe :P
                        The screen is freaking great, couldn't have asked for any easier control.
                        Now, I can leave her be for the most part and just move a few branches here and there without really stressing her out :P

Here they are :P SOme good shots too I might add

NOW an UPDATE on my progress with the new grow area. Did some painting today about 1.5 hours worth it took me. Here are some pics of before, during and after I finished painting the little area, and I DO MEAN LITTLE.
                        It looks decent size but shit, you can sit indian style comfortably but obviously not for long, killing the knees and back :P Surely is ready though, tomorrow Im probably going to seal the cracks to the best of my ability. Ill probably use some of that yellow expanding caulk or expanding sealant most likely. But enough talk here are the pics :P
                        What you guys think?

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

She looks like she loves the screen.Good work on the new area,or u gona put the lights on the right side to have more space?or just do alittle ms paint on a pic so i can so how u gona do the space

Comment

Ok Heres a little MSPaint for ya that shows roughly how stuff is going to go..

Didnt really scale it to size of course so the RES and large refill RES are not in the picture.

But ya getting my lights in today :P YIPPY, just gota wait for my cooltubes.

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

I wonder if you couldn't set the moms up in a self enclosed rubbermaid setup with its own lights and fans that way you wouldn't have to mess with a flap or something like it. You could just grab the rubber maid and drag it out where you can work on it better. I was thinking about something similar when I had an attic like yours. I was going to have a long pole with a hook so I could drag the rubber maids to the front where the attic door is so I wouldn't have to crawl back there.

I like the room though it's going to turn out some dense nugs if you get the temps dialed.

Comment

Hum.. nice thinking SoylentGreen thanks man I didnt think of that.

And haha believe it or not but RubberMaids is what inspired me to start my current cab haha and to think I didnt think about Rubbermaids :P

Really it doesnt have to be that big or anything, and im still going to have to get back there because ima putting all the controls in the back area. So Then I can safely crawl alone side of the plants/buckets without worrying about knocking into the RES of anything like that.

Ya ill for sure take some measurements and look into the perfect size rubbermaid. Gona have to get a Y connector for my duct work then for sure.. Hum this might get tricky come to think of it.. Check out my little drawing below to see what im talking about..

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

Working...
                                X