• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking really nice military!!!
    I want that plant too.. it grows 20 dollar bills
    mine just grows nugs :P

some nice budget DWC setup!!
    that's a fairly unknown technique here in holland..
    I prefer soil, organics, and mycorhizza funghi.. because its 100% organic

you asked me if you still; could apply a Scrog.

yes this is still possible..

but if you do it the next cycle, you have less chance of damaging the plant when placing the scrog.

I hope that your lady may bring you some fat buds.

gr

BK

EDIT:
    Here is a friend of mine using the same setup..
    6 CFL only then on soil. also not in a scrog.
    it is a dutch thread but lots of pics..
    and you can ask him anything you want and he'll answer in english

HERE
    Last edited by BeeKaa; 01-13-2008, 09:01. Reason: similar dutch grow
    My Candy-Cab

Wiet Forum the home of beekaa, English section

Comment

very nice indeed. But ya I might really doing something different. After this grow its going to be my last in this cab. Im moving the entire grow up and design into a closet thats perfect and never being used for anything. Its about...

29" x 83" x 48" - Thats going to be the flower/veg area for about .. 6 plants using SCROG for sure, Going to be 2 lvls of plants, 3 on each. Ill make a picture design and post it when im done. Then theres another section thats..

about 30" deep
      about 30-48" high, its a slant
      about 27" wide.
      This area is going to be sealed off for the mother :P
      Last edited by Military; 01-26-2008, 17:24.
      Check out my Grow Shows :P

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

So what do you guys think about the new setup im going to have. Ill probably do some kinda of DWC res system water setup most likely. But i got a few questions though really fast.

1) Should I make the walls flat white, or is mylar good also, hows the difference? What should I use more over the other?

2) I was thinking about using 24, 42watt CFLs. which is 1000+ watts.
        OR
        That about nearly $200. Should i just get a HPS? or what?

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

Military nice plans u got ther just go with a hps and paint the wall cause mylar sucks ass

Comment

Hey there everyone. First thing... Currently stoned to the bone :P

Ok straight to business :P Heres they low down.

(all prices are average)
            New 500watt flood light - $50
            5gal Buckets - $32
            Exhaust Fans(180CFM) - $55

Extras(Air pump,
            chains, paint, ect.) - $50

Total - $187
            Without buckets(use
            ones around house) - $155

These are about the costs I will be looking pretty soon.
            I'd be happy to not spend more then $200. Then ill for sure
            be smoking whenever I want. :P No more phone calls for me

Will for sure be posting this build :P probably gona make new topic.

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

Hey there everyone heres update on the cab.

She has recovered very well from all the LST I did when I changed
              buckets. Much better I may say so myself :P
              Probably from when i started the 11/13 i was filling the res up with
              normal water thats didnt have any florid or anything of that sort in it.

Today I just mixed up a good 4/5th strangth mixture of the bloom nutrients.
              Should be seeing atleast 1-3" of growth in next 7-10days hopefully :P Along
              with decent bud development :P

Well here are the pics ;p
              Last edited by Military; 01-26-2008, 17:25.

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

looking great so far military, i love your new closet idea. I have a closet just like that at my lake house, and oh how i would love to set it up like you are doing. Everything looks great on your cfl baby so far too, people think dwc is so complicated but all it takes is a trip to the pet store and any size container you like
                All posts, images, and opinions are for entertainment purposes only, all pictures are photo-shopped fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Herbivore
                  looking great so far military, i love your new closet idea. I have a closet just like that at my lake house, and oh how i would love to set it up like you are doing. Everything looks great on your cfl baby so far too, people think dwc is so complicated but all it takes is a trip to the pet store and any size container you like
                  Thanks man. But ya sadly the new grow plan had to be changed. I have to go into a tighter area, but this one is long and all buckets will be on the floor level. So ill be able to use a HUGE res easier now. But this one is in same room and its way way way more stealthy. Its like an attic area in a closet :P Only a little 2'x3' crawl hole opening.

Im still yet to make measurements and stuff to plan out a system, but so far I got a good idea what ill be doing. Another PLUS is that I can paint this one fully flat white :P And im able to cut hole in wall for the exhaust duct :P

Ya DWC i think is soo freaking easy. Only thing hard about it is if dont have a lid its tough to make one lol. I tried DIRT in the very beginning of my growing and its to much trouble. Its to hard to control things when you dont have the right nutes or chems to control say pH or something like that. When my DWC i have buffered nutes, so never have to worry about pH which is a huge relief :P

Thank for checking out my grow, soon to be a new topic that will be my entire GROW setup project with tuts as I go :P

Smoke ON ;P

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

Originally posted by Military
                    So what do you guys think about the new setup im going to have. Ill probably do some kinda of DWC res system water setup most likely. But i got a few questions though really fast.

1) Should I make the walls flat white, or is mylar good also, hows the difference? What should I use more over the other?

2) I was thinking about using 24, 42watt CFLs. which is 1000+ watts.
                    OR
                    That about nearly $200. Should i just get a HPS? or what?
                    Get an hps it will have better penetration and probably be cooler. 24 cfls are going to put out a lot of heat from all the ballasts.

What wattage lights are you running now?

I'd love to see you pull 100-150grams dried out of your current setup, but I would expect to see something closer to 50.
                    Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

1 sqft CFL Cab & other CFL micro cabs

Comment

Originally posted by blynx
                      Get an hps it will have better penetration and probably be cooler. 24 cfls are going to put out a lot of heat from all the ballasts.

What wattage lights are you running now?

I'd love to see you pull 100-150grams dried out of your current setup, but I would expect to see something closer to 50.
                      Use 12 ; 26watt CFLs. Ya I already decided on getting a 500watt halogen.
                      Not as bright as a HPS but its about 2x as bright as my CFLs and it will go farther just. The price is unbeatable also compared to 24CLFs which is nearly
                      $200
                      and HPS is about $100 for decent one, not sure on prices of HPS atm but I dont want to order it online anyways.

THe Halogen floods are only $26ea so not bad at all, and already bought
                      the cooltube.

But ya with this grow setup, i have already pulled 55grams out of it with one plant before. Dry weight. This time the plant is about 2.5x larger then my first plant. I also aim training with LST extremely till I get a screen made.

I should be putting in a chicken wire screen very soon, day or so. Then Ill have total control for bud growth sites, which will be alot easier then freaking tying them all down.

But ya hopefully i get atleast 100g ill be happy with that. If i got 125g Id be really happy because thats closer to watts = grams. Got 156watt total, believe me i would mind for w=g :P But 2nd grow = many improvements = better yield and over all bud

not getting my hopes up though of course :P

Till next time
                      Smoke On

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

I hope you're kidding about the halogen...

Comment

Two questions:

1. Where is your CO2? Are you doing the yeast and water thing? I know people say that doesn't really work, but in a sealed microgrow I don't see why not.
                          2. Your goal is 100-150g dry? So your harvest weight will be 200-300g wet? That's 7-10 ozs wet! I always thought that the gram per watt referred to wet weight, but maybe I'm mistaken...

Anyway, love your grow, showing some real ingenuity there while trying to keep it to a limited space.
                          M.U.R.D.A. : Midwest Underground Reefer Development Alliance

Bababooey's 600+400w grow, Coco, Smartpots, Maxibloom, Calmag.

Midwest Grower's Unite!

Trapped in a Closet! 800watt grow.

Bababooey's Mushroom Grow!

Comment

Originally posted by clowntown
                            I hope you're kidding about the halogen...
                            Aww man :( That doesnt sound good... Come on lol give it to me fast what ever bad news there is about halogens that I currently do not no.

Edit>> Ok just did some fast research about halogens and growing and ya lets say I change my mind lol. I think Ill have to go and get a HID light setup somewhere..

Originally posted by Bababooey
                            Two questions:

1. Where is your CO2? Are you doing the yeast and water thing? I know people say that doesn't really work, but in a sealed microgrow I don't see why not.
                            2. Your goal is 100-150g dry? So your harvest weight will be 200-300g wet? That's 7-10 ozs wet! I always thought that the gram per watt referred to wet weight, but maybe I'm mistaken...

Anyway, love your grow, showing some real ingenuity there while trying to keep it to a limited space.
                            1) I dont have it in just yet, because thats another $50 out of my pocket.
                            I might actually hold off on the CO2 in this micro because I need to concentrate more on finishing my new grow space. Which isnt a micro but its pretty tight and limited HEIGHT space.

2)Shit.. Good question, I have just always though it was dry final weight.. maybe not, I guess I dont know either. Well crap, i know this grow is going 3x better then my last one
                            A- Plant 3x the size easily
                            B- Way way more branches that have bud sites
                            and
                            C-
                            Way better bucket,
                            no light on roots,
                            no algae,
                            2 pumps for air,
                            and 3x the size for water amount

But I at least want 100 grams dry then, 2x improvement is I'm sure
                            sufficient

Ok here you go guys a little bit of area design that I just made.
                            This is pretty dam close to how everything is going to be. It has its +/- for sure, but 1 big thing is its 100% hidden :P
                            Last edited by Military; 01-26-2008, 17:25.

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

You said you use 12 (twelve) 26w cfls (thats 312 watts), but then you mention you have a total of 156 watts.

I'm confused as to how many watts you are currently running.

gram per watt does refer to dry weight
                              Last edited by blynx; 01-15-2008, 19:46.
                              Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

1 sqft CFL Cab & other CFL micro cabs

Comment

Originally posted by blynx
                                You said you use 12 (twelve) 26w cfls (thats 312 watts), but then you mention you have a total of 156 watts.

I'm confused as to how many watts you are currently running.

gram per watt does refer to dry weight

Oops my bad was a typo. I was thinking about my mother plant that will be getting 12 CFLs, Might actually just use my current 6 which should be just fine..

Sorry for the typo I ment 6 ; 26watt CFLs

Edit>>> Ok, this is what I decided to do about the lights. Im going to get 1 or each HPS and MH 400watt each. Might only be around $160.

Also, anything special with Pulse Start and nonPulse start bulbs or lamps?

One question really fast.. Whats better... IN GENERAL lol i know you guys can get all technical quick but I dont want that :P

Whats better
                                50k lumens?($100ea)
                                or
                                36k lumens?($80ea)
                                I need to know because it will save me $40 one way..
                                Last edited by Military; 01-15-2008, 20:58.

My Current Grow Show!!!

MY Last Grow

Comment

Working...
                                X