What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compact SOG with CFL's

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
I'm new to IC and was wondering if anyone does a SOG style grow with CFL's on a Micro-level?

The reason I ask is Bcuz I do it's 210 watts of CFL's over 27 clones in 2 sq. ft.

The girlz grow in a 16 oz soda bottle filled with my own soil mix...they finish in 9 weeks and Avg. 7- 21 Grams dried per plant and I harvest 3 a week...SOG Perpetual Harvest this is a pic of one of my girlz

Last edited:

Styr

I loved your thread on GC. That truly is a perpetual harvest. Fresh smoke every week. :) Must be nice.

ReeferDan

beautiful! How tall are the plants when you switch to 12/12 and how tall are they when they finish? What strain? Do you do any pruning?

G

The new cfl's have more power than most expect.They are used to the old weak ones.I have a cfl bloom box for breeding. That is larger but same principle and surprising large colas.This is the future. I don't sell any so I only Have to grow during cold weather. 1 hps
in grow room. Few hundred watts in cfl bloom box.(can simply change bulbs for cloning.)Cfl's will not replace HID lighting for a few more years but all should be watching these threads.Very good DBG

G

BTW my bloom box is 6 square feet and 18- 20 cubic feet.That alone could produce all the buds I need somtimes I share to much and need to grow more.

l_d_d

Well over an lb, under 210w... in 2 sq ft!

Wow man that is truly insane in my book!

Welcome to Icmag. :wave:

Whats your soil mixup in there? You have to feed them muchos throughout? Thats a giant plant for such limited root space!!

blackone

Veteran
Welcome to IC, those results are really crazy - could you shoot some pics of your complete setup for us?

how that is absolutly amazing. Good work and i hope you can get more info up about how you are doing this cause that would be great. More pics atleast if you can. ive always that about that.
Also whats your take on going from seed in a simular setup.
peace

Last edited:

HollYWeeD#BR

GREAT MAN!
please show us your setup. i have a 150W hp micro grow and the next step will be sog, and if i harvest 60g a week would be very fun!!!
congratulationss! =)
hugs from brazil

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
ReeferDan said:
beautiful! How tall are the plants when you switch to 12/12 and how tall are they when they finish?

They are 2-3" when they go in and finish at 14.5"

What strain? Do you do any pruning?
It's my own strain....called "Chesaw" and no "Pruning" if one gets to tall I just break it over no LST here ....just bend them til they break..they just keep on buddin'

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
l_d_d said:
Well over an lb, under 210w... in 2 sq ft!

Wow man that is truly insane in my book!

Welcome to Icmag. :wave:

Whats your soil mixup in there? You have to feed them muchos throughout? Thats a giant plant for such limited root space!!

My soil mix is Perlite,Vermiculite,Chicken Compost,local peat....from a Bog about 10 miles away,and good ol' worm poo. They are fed 4-droppers full of Schultz 10-15-10 ,1 Tbsp. Fish Emultion, and 4 drops SuperThrive per Gallon of water everytime I water