What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compact SOG with CFL's

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
Great grow and yield. Is your strain mostly sativa??
She contains....
Haze x NL#5 (Seed Bank 1988)....female was chosen for potency(That Bitch took 21 weeks to finish)
Hash Plant Pure(Seed Bank 1988).....Male with 1/4" nodes and Sisters with a 7 week finish
Jamaica II (89 trip) & III (90 Trip)
M48-Haze x Durban Poison (S.S.S.C.1991)
DJ Shorts Blueberry..... Male added by accident (and it was a good one)
C88 for weight
I'm almost done with her .....it's almost time to cube and make some seeds

She stretches like a Sativa...with the weight of an Indy
and finishes in 9 weeks....The Mrs. prefers it at 7 weeks....she says 9 weeks makes her sleepy...lol
I smoke her from my morning coffee to my Bed-Time Bong hits
She finishes Outdoors(not up here)But grown in Cali. on Oct. 20-25th

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Sounds like a great strain you've got on your hands. Any idea what stains on the market right now might be similar? I really like your grow style, and it looks like it'd be a good way to make a lot of hash with a micro-grow, I know I couldn't smoke that much bud and I wouldn't want to have it piling up around the house.

I've been trying to think of a way I can adapt it to hydro, because watering every two days is a little more high maintenance then I'd like. I'm also growing in 2 sq ft, but I've got a 150w HPS. It seems like this type of growing would really depend on the strain you're putting into it.

Either way, thanks a lot for sharing your grow and pictures, and to top it off I can't believe you're off the grid! How much power does your setup use each day? That's amazing, don't even have to pay for electricity that grows you 60g a week.

Edit: So I just figured out, with four ballasts and eight F15T8 bulbs, I can get around 210w out of a 18"x8" footprint. Either that or 150w HPS in my cabinet, I don't really like how far away from the HPS some of my plants have to be so I might have to give fluorescents a chance in there. Thanks to this thread, I might have to redesign my cabinet. :muahaha:

Last edited:
Dr green genes keep up the great work and i love the article you did on GC, and that strain of yours looks tasty!!!!! Thanks for the info again!.

Galvatron

Doc, what kind of lights are the momma's under? wattage? cfls as well?

Im working on a grow inspired by yours, its going to be a smaller number of plants flowering but will be a perpetual micro grow with cfls. At the moment Im working on my momma box its about 2.3 sq ft.

can you give us the dimensions of your flower/clone box?

Thanks in advanced.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Galvatron said:
Doc, what kind of lights are the momma's under? wattage? cfls as well?

~~Mum's are under a 65 watt Florex and a 42 watt warm white~~

Im working on a grow inspired by yours, its going to be a smaller number of plants flowering but will be a perpetual micro grow with cfls. At the moment Im working on my momma box its about 2.3 sq ft.

can you give us the dimensions of your flower/clone box?

~~It's a old kitchen cab. the clone shelf is 23"x12"x14"~~
~~Flowering if I remember right is 24" x 14" x 28"~~

Thanks in advanced.

Yur welcome

that´s awesome!

i wanted to build a cfl micro grow myself.....
....well now i have a 70w HPS..... but i´m still
looking a maybe buidling sumthin like this... as a clone/mom room.

thumbs up,
whs.

Last edited:

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
So far looks great and a little late on to say, glad to have you on the forum mate your a great addition.

czarr

It seems like in your pics that the center light is the biggest, are they all infact 42 watters or is that just an old pic?

tngreen

Veteran
you have inspired me to take new direction in the way i grow. i love lst but i think i could get more if i did compact SOG's like this. great job!

I've read this grow thread several times, and I am happy to read it again. Well done, great grow, three plants a week out and in is stupendous and logisitically harder than it looks. I enjoy these pics and great advice. I too use SuperThrive.
The Afficianado

Latest posts

Latest posts