What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good mate, I've been thinking lately that I should start some mums and clone rather than growing from bean. Once it's setup it must be lots faster surely?

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Smoke68 said:
Well Panop... do tell me of this wick cloner that you speak of:)

Sure...

First things first, this is my variation on Pontiac's Wick Cloner. Basically, the wick cloner relies on capillary action (via a wick) to pull water from a reservoir to a container full of absorbent medium. Pontiac used soda bottles to build his cloner, while I use DVD spindle covers.; two 25's and a 50, I think...

Here is the finished product, completely assembled and ready to clone. The weatherstripping around the bottom of the 50 disc spindle serves as a flange to hold it above the water level in the reservoir.

Once you break it down, you can see that the cloner has three components:
A dome, a section for the perlite, and a reservoir.

Here's a shot of the cloner without the lid and perlite...

You can see where I made four holes in the container, and threaded a piece of cotton fabric through each of the holes. Others use wicks, but t-shirt strips work just as well; all that matters is the material doesn't fit too tightly, or else the water might not make it up to the perlite.

Anyways, you spread out your excess wick material on the floor of the container and load it up with some perlite. Prewet that whole section, and fill your reservoir with some clean water, and you are ready to clone.

The best part about wick cloners is that they require no extra equipment for them to operate. Just set it and forget it; a week or so later, you should be staring at some lovely roots...

Here's what I got after six days...

One or two more days and they're ready for planting!

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sammet said:
Looking good mate, I've been thinking lately that I should start some mums and clone rather than growing from bean. Once it's setup it must be lots faster surely?

Totally...

With that Snow White mom I had, I was clipping clone-sized cuttings nearly every week and a half.

I like moms and clones because they are guaranteed female, barring any environmental screw-ups. Not to mention, the fact that they are ready to flower a week or so after rooting is pretty cool too...

I suggest giving it a try, even if you don't end up sticking with it for more than a grow or two.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Here's what's poppin' this week in the Panopticabs...

Veg Cab...

NLxWR @ 4 weeks veg...

Bubbleicious @ 6 weeks veg...

Snow White B @ 13 weeks veg...

Hashberries @ week 0 veg...

Still a little wilty, but within the next day I bet they'll harden off and look a little tougher...

Snow White C @ week 7 flower...

Not a whole lot to discuss...

At this point, I've started watching the trichomes on my flowering plants. I'm seeing mostly clear, with a fair amount of cloudy, and an amber here and there. They'll probably go another week or two, as I'm looking for 60% amber and 40% cloudy to play up the plant's couchlock tendencies.

I've began LSTing my NLxWR plant even though it's side shoots aren't as long as I'd like, mainly because the stem was about to harden off, preventing any further bending of the main stem.

The Bubbleicious plant is really starting to take off. I can't wait to get the B plant out of the veg cab so I can move this one to a larger pot. I had a chance to check out the flowering donor plant yesterday, and it smells like straight up gum! It's shaping up to be a kickass pheno. Thanks frozen...

As for my B plant, she's just raring to flower. It's going to be devastating...

Looks like it's going to be a frosty winter...
23457budshot11-17.jpg

godisadj

Very nice mate, I'll be looking forward to seeing how your hashberries progress - I've read a lot of good things about that strain!

Nice varieties you've got there. K+

Nice thread Panop! I really enjoy following the progress, can't wait for the results from the last girl there. Roll a fat one, you've earned it!

frozen_herb

How many days are the Snow Whites? Don't forget to take a pic or two before you cut 'em! It looks like you yield is going to be a lot better this time! Are you going to put the other Snow White B directly into flowering? Also, do you plan to put anything else in with the the B clone? I bet you could fit one other smaller clone.

fh

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sammet said:
Hey panop, hows the snow white doing? must be close to harvest now surely?
frozen_herb said:
How many days are the Snow Whites? Don't forget to take a pic or two before you cut 'em! It looks like you yield is going to be a lot better this time!
Yeah, guys...

It's day 56, and I'm seeing about 60% amber and 40% cloudy trichomes, so the flowering Snow White's will get the chop tomorrow...
I fed them plain water last time they were looking droopy, so there shouldn't be much in the way of fertilizers to deal with. As for yield, I've aimed for 2 OZ dry from the start, but it'll probably be closer to 1.5 or 1.75 OZ dry...

frozen_herb said:
Are you going to put the other Snow White B directly into flowering? Also, do you plan to put anything else in with the the B clone? I bet you could fit one other smaller clone.
Yup, that vegging Snow White is huge! And she has got to get out of my veg cab, so as soon as I chop and pull the root mass loose, I'll repot her into one of the 2 gallon pots and send her off to her doom...

I kept her short and dense until the last week and a half, where I didn't do anything but water/feed her and let her grow. I might throw something else in with her, but I wonder how much room she'll take up... I'm going to begin LSTing again until her stretch is over, so I'll probably have a better idea in a week or so.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Time for an update...

Veg Cab...

Hashberries @ week 1...

NLxWR @ week 5...

Bubbleicious @ week 7...

Snow White B @ week 14...

And finally, Snow White C's @ week 8 flower...

Well, this is it for my flowering ladies. Their trichomes are right where I want them, so they're getting the chop tomorrow...

I'm going to put the Snow White B into flower, at which point I'll LST her to the 2 gallon bucket, which will lower and widen her current canopy.

I want to see if I can spread her out to cover most of the cabinet, instead of cramping two plants into the space. If it looks like she won't make it, I'll grab one of my vegging plants and throw it in after a month, starting some sort of half-assed perpetual grow...

2345711-24budshot.jpg

2345711-24budshot2.jpg

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Snow White C's, minus popcorn buds, post chop...
2345711-24chop.jpg

All of the little popcorn buds were separated from the larger nuggets, and will be quick dried and smoked over the next week...

Latest posts

Latest posts