What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Plants are looking good despite not knowing which gender they are. Keep up the work and they will show...eventually. Some genetics show sex faster than others. My longest wait for sex was around 2 weeks or so.

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
After much moaning and groaning on my part, I think there has finally some development in the sexing of my little friends...

First the good news. This is C, and I think it's a she...

Now for the bad. These two seem to be quite different from the first...

Here's A:

And D:

Those round masses of tissue with the little white point sticking out make me think that they are males. As far as B is concerned, it is still too early to tell.

Both A and D have been quarantined to my rubbermaids while C and B are in the Panopticab. What do you all think?

Last edited:

NOFpuXnk

hello again pano!
yeah those are preflowers!
that first one is definatly a girl!
ur gonna get shum budz dood!
keep goin

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That first picture is definitely a true female. Pistil and ovule means you have got 1 confirmed lady. The other two pictures I can't tell so you'll have to keep waiting. Either way it's good to know you've got AT LEAST one female. Cheers :joint:

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Werd. I'm in the process of putting together a wick cloner, so I can chop off some of her lower growth and prep for the next round...

SoulShine

Pan-op,
Your plants are looking great! Here's hoping for another female for you. Did I miss what kind of soil you're using? Also, what nutes, if you don't mind sharing? Way to go!

Soulshine

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
@SoulShine:
Soil is made up of 60% Miracle Gro Organic soil and 40% perlite. I used some vermiculite in the beginning, but have since ran out and failed to purchase more. It doesn't seem to make much difference to my little friends, so I won't use it again. Keep it simple, right?

For nutes, I'm using GH's Flora Nova Grow and Bloom, with some Cal-Mag thrown in for good measure. Next grow, I'll add some dolomite lime prior to potting. It seems to help maintain a good pH balance...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
A quick update:
Last night I positively ID'd A and D as males and cut them down...but I think that B could be a female. I'll find out in a day or so, I'm sure.

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sorry for the holdup, I've been pretty slammed lately.
Since I've last updated, it seems that my remaining little friend has matured into a little lady.
Here they are at Day 21 (yesterday) of flowering...

Here is B, looking a little runty...

And, of course, here is C again. She's lookin' beefy!

My happy little family, good luck girls...

SoulShine

Hey Pan-op,
Yeah, that C-plant is looking real good. I've been looking for dolomite lime with no success. I live in the sticks and nobody has it. We do have one hydro store about a 30 minute drive and they didn't have it either. Gonna keep looking. The hydro store near me is a fox farm dealer so I got their soil and nutes, Have heard good things, so keep my fingers crossed.

Keep up the good work man! We'll be watching you too!
SS

frozen_herb

Lookin' great man! Did you attempt to take any clones from either of the two females? No biggie if you didn't you could always re-veg if you get a KILLER pheno. Good luck!

-fh

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Time for a station break...
This post is brought to you by clones!
I'm currently mimicking Pontiac's wick cloner. The really little ladies were cut from the lower growth of C eight days ago. They've been under a 22w fluoro @ 24/0 ever since. They're starting to yellow a little, should I give them more light?

T

totaln00b

Nice cloner! Looks cheap as hell (which is great) :smoke:

We have the same amount of wattage in CFLs, too. Except I only have one plant :badday: Started with 3 but one was a male and another was a total hermie sicko so I chopped em both.

Nice photos.

Last edited:

blakhash

AHAH, DUDE you cant clone the Leaves you CLone the New grown NODES!!!. were is the new growth going to grow from on a leaf?? you see the new growth the grows in between the stems, yes that is what you cloning NOT a single leaf.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I am fully aware that leaves will not clone!

Each cutting in my container consists of a small piece of the secondary stem, a node, and a tertiary stem with a leaf...

Last edited: