What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow White Micro Grow

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
panopticist said:
Snow White C's, minus popcorn buds, post chop...
2345711-24chop.jpg

All of the little popcorn buds were separated from the larger nuggets, and will be quick dried and smoked over the next week...

:D lovely harvest shot

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Make it official...

Snow White Micro Grow, Round 3

Veg Cab after the chop and switch...

Snow White B @ week 0 flower...

I've reLST'd the Snow White B and thrown her into 12/12...
Let the fun begin again...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Okay...

Just packed up a nice bowl of some lightly cured Snow White. Here goes...

On inhale, the bud has a flavor consisting of earthy pine, skunk, and gasoline. A round, full-bodied herb that has a 'complete' flavor.

Once in the lungs, it expands a fair amount, so coughing hard after a reasonable sized hit is common. It has serious backbone...
The aftertaste is hashlike...

The smoke is definitely heavy, very couchlocky. A full-body stone that lasts for two to three hours, easily..
I had two grower friends over to help trim and smoke some popcorn nugs last weekend, all of us are heavy tokers (multiple sessions daily), and after a few bongrips apiece the conversation came to a total standstill...

Some might not dig Snow White for a midday toke due to it's heaviness, but I love that feeling. Hell, it's the reason I picked it in the first place...

I definitely recommend packing up a bowl of Snow White in the near future...

Last edited:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I've been trying to upload pics all day...
I only managed to get three.

I'll get back to you when I can get the rest up...

Edit: Okay, they are all ready. Check down a few posts...

Last edited:

marilover

panopticist : nice growing, what is exactly the C1,C2 yields under 150W HPS and what's the final height of them excluding the height of pot? Thx!!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
After all the uploading issues, here is my update for the week...

Here's the veg cab...

Hashberries @ week 2 veg...

NL x WR @ week 6...

Bubbleicious @ week 8...

Snow White B @ week 1 of flower...

I did another round of LST on the Snow White this weekend before taking photos. A quick measure shows that she is roughly 16" in diameter, and dense as hell, so I'm expecting a good yield off of this one...

The Bubbleicious is getting huge! I'll probably repot her into a larger planter and see if I can't get her to bush out a little more this weekend.

marilover

panopticist said:
The final yield was around 1.75 Oz total...
So that'd be 0.875 Oz per plant.

Quote:
what's the final height of them excluding the height of pot?

What?

Pano, I means the plant height above the soil before chopped.

1.75Oz is much improvement than ur grow1 using cfl,what do u think the major factors not achieving 1g/wat(dream value) in ur grow?Thanks :wave:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those plants are looking great, especially that SW in flower. I have a feeling that thing will fill the cab entirely :headbange

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
marilover said:
Pano, I means the plant height above the soil before chopped.

1.75Oz is much improvement than ur grow1 using cfl,what do u think the major factors not achieving 1g/wat(dream value) in ur grow?Thanks :wave:

The plants were about 10"-14" from base of stem to tip of cola...

Thanks for the kind words.
I think the 1gr/watt yield might be a bit more feasible under larger wattage lights. 150's have more penetrating power than CFL's, but it is still limited. Not to mention, my setup is slightly inefficient. Take for example, my light. It has no reflector to direct the beams downwards. I could also stand to paste up some mylar on my walls.

All of those little tricks up your yield ever-so-slightly, but I built that cabinet on tight budget and was unable to spring for any more gear. After the Christmas season is over with, I'm going to build a reflector out of some sheet metal and attach it to the ceiling. That alone should significantly increase my yield.

marilover

panop : sound like a nice move to increase the yield using Mylar and reflector. Have u ever think to use wider but sallower pot and lsted the plant even more so the canopy will fully cover ur limited space to up the yield? any plan in the future to upgrade to 250W or more? it would be interesting to see what will it play out.

btw, since u veg the plant B for so long, does she show preflower during the veg?
i'm curious how could they remains in veg with preflowers not letting themself bursting into flowers?

really enjoy ur grow,keep it rolling!!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
marilover said:
Have u ever think to use wider but sallower pot and lsted the plant even more so the canopy will fully cover ur limited space to up the yield?

I have thought about it, but as you can see from my pics, my veg cabinet is absolutely packed. If I were to LST to a larger container, I wouldn't have any room to veg other strains and prep for the following grow...

any plan in the future to upgrade to 250W or more?

Yes, but not in this cabinet...
I've got a few months left on my lease at my current apartment and then I'm moving into a house. At that point, I'd like to build a C13 style cab with a 400w HPS, turn my current flower cab into a veg cab, and turn my current veg cab into a clone/mom/seedling cab.

btw, since u veg the plant B for so long, does she show preflower during the veg? i'm curious how could they remains in veg with preflowers not letting themself bursting into flowers?

She was covered in preflowers at least a month and a half before being flipped to 12/12. Marijuana can be kept in vegetative growth indefinitely. If it's an autoflowering strain, of course they'll begin to flower out under 18/6; but the majority of other strains will continue to grow. Flowering is a response to the changing of the seasons, so if the seasons never change, it follows suit that the plant will never flower. That's the boiled down version, anyways...

Last edited: