What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

B10naryBuds Stealth Computer Grow - 2nd Attempt **PIC INTENSIVE**

b10narybud

Hello guys,
Well, as you all know, my last attempt didn't work out so well. The problem was that I was using the local water and it had a PH of way over 8.0 and it caused severe stunting, yellowing leaves, and twisting leaves.

So, I got new seeds and decided to start over fresh.

This is how it's going this time.

Light being used: 131 watts of CFL
Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Filter Material: Carbon Fiber Matt
Cab: Stealth PC Grow Case
Nutrients and Chemicals used: Superthrive, Mollasses and a 6.5 PH buffer solution.
Plants: Lowryder #2 and Auto-Bhang
Both autoflowering strains. Auto-bhang was a freebie from Dr. Chron.​
Reflective Material: Mylar
Plants growing: 9
4 Lowryder #2's in the main planter​
3 Auto-bhang in a ice cube tray​
1 Lowryder #2 in bigger looking shotglass​
1 Lowryder #2 in small shotglass​

Most have just sprouted today. I have 3 plants left from the last grow. One of my seeds didnt germinate and the ones that I saved I put in the old spot where the seed didn't germ, and the other old one I put in the other ice cube tray. I dont know if they will live or not. They are stunted but have yet to show sex. So, i'll keep hope. The one in the small shotglass, is a old seedling where the root died off. The leaves kept growing so I didnt give up. I put root hormone on it and after about 2 weeks...(yes..that small plant is 2 weeks old) and now it is finally creating roots again.

I'll update more as plants keep growing, but this is the setup for plants right now.

I have also implemented the homeade DIY CO2 Generator. Anything to help my yield i'm trying out.

I also made new case mods:

I added a carbon fiber matt to the back of the 80CFM 80mm fan to stop light from going through and help filter smell.

I added carbon filter to the intake to stop light (main reason) and clean incoming air..(oh well..lol)

I added a 2nd layer to my cool tube to help cool my pc. The air goes in a U shape cooling the fans and the 1st layer of plexiglass. With the added carbon filter, it didnt blow enough and I found extra cooling necessary. Works like a charm.

I added a carbon filter. I put at the end of the cool tube, a big hole that I filled with carbon fiber matt. All air to cool the lights is pulled through this carbon filter and taken right out of the back of the case. It pulls the air from the grow chamber, cooling that as well and keeping fresh air available

PICS:

Exhaust Fan w/ Carbon Fiber

Cool tube and lights

Carbon Filter/Air Exaust from grow room

Air Intake

C02 Generator

woodward

does having plants growing in ur pc really work out at al...its an idea i have aswell instead of building myself a cabinet like a dutch friend of mine did which was v.effective....any feedback on it would be great

b10narybud

Do some searching around in the micro grow forum. Some people have done some awesome pc grows with sweet yields as well. This is my 1st attempt all the way with a pc..... 1st try the ph fucked em up..this is go around 2....but still...working on my first pc harves..but from what i know and see it should work awesome.

its so stealth..i dont even worry anymore if my door stays open or not..you wouldnt know i'm growin pot in my room..if you were standing 2 ft away from it......

b10narybud

i think somethings wrong with my seedling. Its all funky colored today.....

most of the other seedlins..barely moved...and just look unhealthy... the 1st one to pop is lookin good though.

b10narybud

its just looks really wet from the humidity dome that I have had on it for the seedlings....

the humidity dome has now found a new home.(trash)...now that the seedlings are above the ground..... but thats why it looks so wet...

b10narybud

Hey guys,

Here they are today.

Question for you....Seems like the new seedlings are turning a light green....Any Ideas?
the one that was funky purple when it sprouted

the one that is most noticeably turning light green.

one of the old ones

G

hows it do b10nary,

i have a question about the yeast that you used for your co2 generator. is it just regular store bought or is it like a yeast used for homebrewing beer or wine?

J

JackKerouac

rkrone said:
hows it do b10nary,

i have a question about the yeast that you used for your co2 generator. is it just regular store bought or is it like a yeast used for homebrewing beer or wine?

Either work for co2.

:lurk:

Can't wait to follow it mon! I love the autoflowers!

b10narybud

yup...both work.. i bet brewing might be a bit better, but both would work great!

thanks for tagging along guys....hopefully they will start gettin big soon...

2 of the fresh sprouts allready have roots to the bottom of the pot

G

wow, ph near 8... thats awsome for growing :pointlaug :pointlaug

any how.. get yourself a big drum or plastic container and collect rainwater, unless you live in a city like LA, where the rain water is prolly to acidic it wont be that great, but for the most part, I use pbp, and with rainwater, i never really check my PH levels since i switched to rain water makes life easier, especially if you try dwc or any other form of hydro.. soil as well.. best of luck i'll be watching.. take care mate.

G

good luck this time around. i had some problems with mine as well and had to restart.

aborted

Greetings,
nice set up bro

I'm planning a pc grow too
but i have a question, which exhaust fan do you use, and are the cfl's ac or dc?

Give thanks

aborted

Thanks for the info !
great news that cfl's are ac,

than another thing, how did you connect your fan with power supply ?
My network works on ac, and a pc fan is mostly dc .....

Jah Bless