What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jackies lil' Tower of Horrors

zaprjaques

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210328_104430.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.6 KB ID:	17817559
That one just dropped while inspecting the #3.

Pretty fast i might add.

Not sure if its a fem though, it came down from a node where i actually marked a fem pollenated bract, sooo... might aswell be :)

Does different pollen affect the ripening time of achenes (seeds)?
Maybe its the carrying plant and her hormonal levels that do...

Anyways, i covered the hole in the lids of the containers so seeds wont fall in and sprout.

I have a feeling that i might have already lost one on Mani #2.

​​​​​​Edit:
I have a feeling that running them with the lights on 9/15 might have sped up the ripening of seeds, doh! :shucks:

zaprjaques

Hey ZJ! I like your style. I'm subbed and following your journey. I see lots of good things in your future.

Thanks Tyrone!

The #3 smells shifted to tangy ripe mango.
A little resin is starting to build up.
IMG_20210401_090005.jpg

The #2
Less leafy, still dusty metallic lemon curd smell going on.
IMG_20210401_085812.jpg

Looking like a bunch of coconuts there.
IMG_20210401_085828.jpg
​​​​​​​

zaprjaques

#2 produced a single lower branch that was all male.
IMG_20210403_100333.jpg

Plucked it and vaped it on 428 F :D
I cant deny that theres a little head change.

Theres a bit of pressure on temples and around the eyes...

Maybe there was a little resin build up in the vaping chamber from previous sessions.
​​​

zaprjaques

Already harvested 30 something seeds and i can hardly wait to try them out.

On the one hand it would be nice if i could try and finish both the plants that i have going.
But on the other hand i doubt the results will be satisfying considering the growing conditions.

#2 isnt showing much extra vigor after the transplant, there is not much root action going on sadly...

​​​​#3 is spreading its roots rapidly and the lower branches start shooting up.

i'm trying to keep them happy for now and see what another month of flowering will do to them.

i hear people had them going from 10 to 16 weeks indoors, so it seems like a good time to decide future steps.

the main task of making some seeds is pretty much completed and i'm satisfied with the results so far. :)

zaprjaques

Side views

IMG_20210409_090915.jpg
IMG_20210409_090928.jpg

The second container holds a Manipuri#3 x Lebanese Reg seed that i plan to test drive cause i'm terribly curious.

​#3
IMG_20210409_090901.jpg
IMG_20210409_090846.jpg

And now that the pollen madness is over for good (i suspect there are going to be at least 50 more seeds that are currently ripening) some unseeded flowers are forming.
IMG_20210409_090830.jpg

zaprjaques

Rise and shine first offspring.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210415_180814.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.0 KB ID:	17833252
very exciting.

Edit:
This is actually my first cross ever.

Last edited:

zaprjaques

A little update.
#2 got ditched today.
She was putting out male flowers again.
The little seedling is having a hard time as well. meh :/

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Good microgrow, but they would need some extra light in there if the temps permit it.

:lurk:

Last edited:

zaprjaques

Good microgrow, but they would need some extra light in there if the temps permit it.

:lurk:

Yes definetly with those genetics.
Unfortunately that would cause temp problems as you correctly suspected.
I'm not really expecting any kind of yeild actually.
The main goal was to make some seeds.

I think with the influence of the Lebanese i could manage to have a little output of interesting bud in here.

Most parameters seem to be ok.
Light intensity should be enough for a square foot area. I measured.

Last time i even had some foxtailing happen on the Lebanese girls when i put the plants closer to the lights for a week.
The sugar leaves started to get bigger also like in reveg..

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the nice words. :)

zaprjaques

Edit: Happy 420 yall!

Some pics of whats going on at the moment.
The remaining Manipuri.
Various bud sites.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210420_091159.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	17836834
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210420_091219.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	17836835
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210420_091250.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	17836836
The Manipuri#3 x Lebanese Sure doesnt look like it but i feel its gotten back on track right on time for 4.20.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210420_091137.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	17836837
Maybe i should give it a name.

But i'm not quite sure yet. Mani means jewel in the Meitei language. Also in thai surprisingly.
Then again it is mixed with the Lebanese from Beeka Valley. So maybe 'Mani al-Biqa' to follow the usual pattern of naming the mother first.
If i stick true to the title of the thread i should probably name her 'Audrey II' :biggrin:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
It always amazes me to see plants grown in such tiny spaces. Especially wild genetics like these...Fun stuff, and kudos for experimentation. :)

I have some Lebanese from Ace in the fridge and need to grow some out. Maybe in the fall.

zaprjaques

It always amazes me to see plants grown in such tiny spaces. Especially wild genetics like these...Fun stuff, and kudos for experimentation. :)

I have some Lebanese from Ace in the fridge and need to grow some out. Maybe in the fall.

Thanks man :)
ICMag inspired me.
Ive seen buds on a stick grown in 'SIP' Pill containers 😁.

The Lebanese was very nice, i will grow it again sometime.
​​​

Latest posts

Latest posts