What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jackies lil' Tower of Horrors

zaprjaques

Hey everybody,

Got a chieftec big tower with 42 Watts of SILs.
Already ran 2 of ACEs Lebanese P4 in it and it was kinda fun.

Next up are 1 ACE Lebanese reg. and
3 TRSC Manipuri regs.

All of em are in 10cl self irrigating 'containers' for now,
with an option of filling the 'reservoir' with soil at some point.

I got some kind of tested and working STS solution,
some Lebanese fem pollen in the freezer
and i'm not concerned about failing on an epic level.

Laissez le bon temps rouler!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 90

zaprjaques

A little extra info:
Germination rate was 100%, the Manipuris were put
in wet paper towels for 2 days before going into
the tiny pots. The Lebanese was put in soil with no pre soaking.
They broke through surface almost simultaneously, with the trifoliate being
a little behind cause it had some type of skin still covering the leaves
despite having shed its hull.
Theyre on a 9/15 light diet from sprouting.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Nice grow thx for sharing.

Are u planing to hit the manipuri with the fem lebanese pollen? Should be an interesting cross.

I tried the manipuri at the first release and was impressed by their stretch. Mine were in 1.4l tecu and got over 120cm in the initial stretch. Never finished them since they drank so much in the small pot and i couldn't water them enough.
How do u plan to manage the height?
For my next run with manipuri i plan to top them after 1 or 2 nodes to keep them low.

zaprjaques

Nice grow thx for sharing.

Are u planing to hit the manipuri with the fem lebanese pollen? Should be an interesting cross.

I tried the manipuri at the first release and was impressed by their stretch. Mine were in 1.4l tecu and got over 120cm in the initial stretch. Never finished them since they drank so much in the small pot and i couldn't water them enough.
How do u plan to manage the height?
For my next run with manipuri i plan to top them after 1 or 2 nodes to keep them low.

Hey, thanks for your interest chilliwilli.
Yes a cross of those two cultivars should be interesting,
especially since the Lebanese is reaching sexual maturity a lot earlier than the Manipuri.
Lets see how the small pots and short days will influence them.
Also a lot of LSTing is a must.
Topping them early is also what i had in mind, maybe multiple times.

The main goal is to try and make some seeds here, some more fem pollen,
and to stress test them a bit.

Then grow out some of them fem crosses and see
if theres something interesting or worth keeping somehow,
although selfing such an individual might result in a F2 variability of the progeny if i understood correctly.

I'm just messing around, trying to have some fun here.

I'm not planning to switch to a bigger environment so lets see
if someone is gonna make it or not under
given circumstances.
Ive seen some crazy stuff on these boards, been lurking for quite some time... :)

zaprjaques

Pretty vigourous as far as i can tell.

Two Manis are already rooting out the drain holes.
One Manipuri on the left is the tallest, the trifoliate and the other Mani are of the same height
followed by the Lebanese on the far right wich is the shortest of the pack.

Already developing a bit of stem-rub smell.
The tall one i like the least, it smells a bit acrid and hempy.
The other two Manis have a strange stem smell, cinnamon, spicy, earthy, burnt rubber maybe? Not so pungent, I like them better.
The Lebanese smells sweet, spicy, hashy very nice!

Based on the internodial distance so far i'd pretty much like to get rid of the tall one....

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 89

zaprjaques

On second thought maybe i should toss both plants on the left, lol.
But theres still some time left to decide, i believe...

zaprjaques

Little weekly update at around 3-4 weeks from sprout i believe.
Not much going on.

picture.php

Leb is handling underwatering like a champ, as it would be expected.
Strongest stem smell of them all.

'Normal' Manipuris look very identical, 3foliate is behind as expected. Also stem smells on Manipuris are getting very similar.
All the 3 of them have some shiny areas on some leaves.
picture.php

Both resevoirs got filled with each 100ml ph corrected tap water due to me not beeing able to water for 3 days.
Usually they get 75 each around every 2nd day.

No signs of sex yet. Dont know exactly what to expect under 9/15 light cycle.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think 9/15 is the way to go with these long flowering strains. Even from seed although I do not do that usually. My TRSC Manipur were really hard to germinate or get going, I do not know if I have any more seeds of it or all were duds. Had one plant that never took off in growing and scrapped it. Curious how the high is off this.

Gonna do some ILE Manipur real soon. There are several different strains growing in Manipur I am sure. My Khalifa Kerala or Chellakutti is nothing like the TRSC Kerala.

Is the growing in a computer case a matter of hiding the plants or just was something you felt like doing? I always like the micro grows and the ingenuity that comes out of them.

zaprjaques

I think 9/15 is the way to go with these long flowering strains. Even from seed although I do not do that usually. My TRSC Manipur were really hard to germinate or get going, I do not know if I have any more seeds of it or all were duds. Had one plant that never took off in growing and scrapped it. Curious how the high is off this.

Gonna do some ILE Manipur real soon. There are several different strains growing in Manipur I am sure. My Khalifa Kerala or Chellakutti is nothing like the TRSC Kerala.

Is the growing in a computer case a matter of hiding the plants or just was something you felt like doing? I always like the micro grows and the ingenuity that comes out of them.

Thanks for the reply!

Ive grown 2 Lebanese in this case with 11/13 lighting and they stayed extremely squat with some LSTing. Like maybe 6 inches tops.
I figured 9/15 could be the most light i should give those Manis.
Maybe i'll go down to 8/16 later on...

Yes i'm very curious about the end product too,
but tbh i dont expect to get them really finished
considering my experience, skills and set up.
I'd really like to make some seeds be it Leb/Mani or Mani/Leb, regular or fem, anything will do.

Then have some more fun with it.

Both sound like interesting genetics, i really like the Lebanese, one of the two i grew in particular.
Its very functional, probably a higher rate of cbd in it.
Comes in waves, but never exceeds a certain amplitude. Pardon my audio french lol.
And there seems to be nothing but praise for the RSC Manipuri, except for long flowering (who cares)
and absurdely long time till reaching of sexual maturity.
I figured theyd make a good match, with the Lebanese being 'semi-auto', if you dont mind the term, and not too long flowering or stretching too much and it was low odor too.

As for the PC case thing, i always found it intriguing.
The tinkering, the challenge of using such restricted space, making it almost un noticeable.
Used to have a 2x2 tent wich many would consider micro aswell but i just dont have the space for that anymore.
Plus my consumption and therefore my tolerance is ridiculously low nowadays.

I'm just looking for something special, to have for myself. Something that suits me.

But if it aint working out, thats ok too.

zaprjaques

Ok, i must admit im really stoked.
One of the Manis (#3), the one that shares the reservoir with the Leb, showed a pistil.
And also is the tallest now by an inch compared to the other one.
picture.php

I guess i found a slutty pheno.

The Leb is a dude, wich i already suspected 2 days ago but wasnt sure yet.
picture.php

Could it be a coincidence?
Did the Lebanese dude make her horny? :D
Or is it a hormone build up because of the long nights?

Mani #1 and #2 (the trifoliate) dont show nothing yet.

I bent #1 and #3 down to promote growth of the lower parts.
When they catch up a bit i will chop off everything above node 2.

picture.php

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Congrats! :tiphat: Some phenotypes of Manipur are forever vegging (70 days and more). That should make a potent cross if you happen to have a THC dominant Lebanese (I'd smoke test him after he's done) and if you only pollinate the first pistils you should even get buds somewhere down the line.

I currently have a lone Ukhrul Manipuri going in a 60x70cm tent which I guess is big and spacious in comparison :D

I wish you good times with this grow :tiphat: It's looking good so far.

zaprjaques

Thank you for the nice words Thule!

I'm really curious if its a pheno thing or if it was a matter of growing conditions.
I guess we will see if the others catch up too,
and how the flowering will be progressing.

As for the Lebanese male, i will let him grow a couple of pods,
maybe chop them one by one before they burst and dry/freeze them.

I would rather prefere it to use the fem pollen i have
stored in the freezer from my previous 2 Lebanese girls, as i know and like the effects of both.

But if for some reason it shouldnt be viable i can fall back to the regular pollen as backup.

If i am not mistaken both lines, the Manipuri and especially the Lebanese, are not completely uniform.
So performing a cross with fem pollen should result in a similar diversity of an F2 cross.
At least thats what i understood from reading around at the ACE subforum.

I dont know how many seeds i can yeild but having like 20 or 30 fems to go through
sounds like a lot of fun.
Especially since i dont plan/want to keep mothers.

If i find a special one i will try to reveg it and self it with STS.

But thats way to far into future thinking.
I havent even decided on how to feed those little monsters, theyre still feasting on whats inside the soil.

zaprjaques

I currently have a lone Ukhrul Manipuri going in a 60x70cm tent which I guess is big and spacious in comparison :D

I wish you good times with this grow :tiphat: It's looking good so far.

Good luck and lots of fun with your Ukhrul too btw!

Cant edit my posts yet :)

zaprjaques

Quick update, Manipuri #2 the trifoliate declared female too.
I decided to use some 'fertilizer sticks' the kind people stick into flower pots.
Theyre organic and should be 5-3-5.
N is only available in small amounts at first, rest is long release.
Very curious how theyll work out but i find them to fit the micro scheme.

Maybe i could reverse #2 for some female pollen.

The Lebanese pods show a little trichome coverage. Very fragrant fella.

zaprjaques

Ok, I pollenated #2 and 3 couple days ago with the lebanese fem pollen i had saved from the previous run.

Turns out it was right on time cause a day later the Leb male started to release pollen.
I removed him, cut the pods and put them in a jar with dried rice for drying.

The meristem was hollow :)

Today i re applied some fem pollen.

Are the stigmas supposed to wilt now that they have been hit with pollen?

If anyone with experience could chime in it would be awesome as i have a hard time figuring out how to use the new new search function.

​Everything is still looking crisp so far. Also new bracts are coming up with fresh white stigmas.

#1 is still shy about its sex.... i'll give it another week or two before considering to remove it.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yeah you should see wilting of the hair tips the next day and they'll be turning completely brown withing a few days. How did you store the pollen if I may ask? I don't have a high success rate myself.

zaprjaques

Thanks for chiming in Thule!

I did in fact notice some tips starting to wilt!
Though not as many as i would have liked.

I dried the pollen pods, wich i cut as a whole, inside a small paper envelope,
(the ones that people often make themselves for carrying around powdered substances),
inside a jar with rice that i heated for a couple of hours to dry it thoroughly.
I let it cool out and then placed my envelope inside it.
I inspected it a few days later and it felt bone dry so i put it in the freezer.

I applied it to the flowers by crushing it between my fingers and touching the stigmas all over.... i know, not very scientifical... 🙄.

i did in fact not harvest too many pods cause they started to form mid to end flower cause i started with a very weak concentration of sts.

i was worried that they could be stress induced nanners but they only appeared on treated branches.

if the stigmas dont change much over the weekend i will hit them with the fresh regular pollen i collected recently.

zaprjaques

Little mondays update.

#1 got removed due to not showing sex yet.

The application of the little fem pollen i had resulted in about 5 bracts with shriveled stigmas over the weekend.
Not really enough, so i pollenized about everything with the regular Lebanese pollen by using a q-tip.

I did some more LST as i dont intend to top them anymore now that the tops have been pollenated.

i will try to make them go in circles...

will post some pics as soon as i can edit the resolution, otherwise i wont be able to post many more pics.

zaprjaques

#1 got removed due to not showing sex yet.

About this, i didnt want to wait any longer because the other two girls are progressing nicely and i wanted them to have all available resources for themselves.

#1 pretty much stopped doing anything at some point so yeah....
stem rub was nice but what the hell.

#2 and 3 have a strong blackcurrant and rubber stem smell.
i would go as far as saying #2 smells like straight condoms below the 3rd node.

​the tops have developed a faint orange peel aroma.
maybe even orange flowers.

Latest posts

Latest posts