What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100w cfl Stealth Grow

GanjaLion

Thanks q3corn thats a good option! Still got some sils in my cart too im waiting to pull the trigger on, just weighing my options out before I buy anything. I have a couple weeks of flower left on this run, so I have some time to think about it.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thanks Mars! Yea with a better veg and a more efficient light, im going to really blow up this space with buds next time. Im thinking some form of LED or t5, alot of these t5 fixtures on amazon look like they will only last a month before malfunctioniong though hehe.

Get a dimmable LED, dude. It will help plants grow from seedling to harvest.
If you have time, check out our TS1000 and 70x70x160cm tent. They are very affordable on our website https://bit.ly/30DesD0 Coupon code"ICMAG" :tongue:

GanjaLion

Thanks for the suggestion Mars, I think thats my best option so far. I like that its low profile and dimmable, I do only have 33 inches from floor the ceiling. Will I be able to dim it low enough to not overpower them? Other than that it looks perfect!

GanjaLion

Last night the mystery plants colas were all completely flopped over facing the ground, had to lash them up to the wooden beam for my lights. I know everybody is hating on my lights, but these are going to be a 5 gram bud easily on every mystery plant colas alone and I only vegged a few days from clone. They are very dense and heavy. Im still looking to upgrade my light, but I think the bigger factor is that I used virtually no veg time from a clone sitting under a 23 watt light in another box. If I can get even more density from LEDs than im in!
20210317_003643.jpg

q3corn

Hey! Only one person in here is knockin your lights, lol.

Plants look great. I wouldn't worry about swapping lights until you know it fits your budget and goals. LED tech is only getting better, so if you wait another year you'll have even newer tech to upgrade to!

As for upgrades, there are actually a few good companies that make qb-style lights. I use both BudgetLED and SolStrip for my big lights and am very happy with them.

GanjaLion

Hehe appreciate the support q3corn, thanks for taking your time you made alot of insightful posts here.

Its ok I was knockin on them earlier in the thread too at one point and I definitely agree there are better lights out there, but after being suggested I should switch my grow space and my lights makes me feel like im doing something very wrong haha.

I need to grow in this hidden space at the moment, so buying a tent is something I cant do right now. The lights I can switch out though no problem. Ive blown the space up before with buds, when it wasnt a test run with a new strain. So I know its capable with a proper timed veg.

Thanks i'll look into those lights you suggested too. The Mars light looks like it would cover my canopy space really well, maybe i'll use that if its not too powerful for my space. I still have some time to think about it, before I make my attempt in changing light source hehe. I have alot of options now!

GanjaLion

Last update before harvest, there is a few tops of the mystery girl missing from the image. They flopped over onto the jack herer, she makes a good brace though haha.

Going to chop them both at the same time between tonight and friday. Chopping them at the same time because I didnt make a separate space to hang them that is climate controlled. The jack is still a good smoke a little early.

Ill turn off the big circulation fans on the sides and the small intake fans down low and just leave on the exhaust fan with the carbon scrubber. Possibly put one of those big side fans on a timers to come on a few mins every couple of hours, ill talk more about exactly what im doing on my harvest post.

20210322_222907.jpg

GanjaLion

They both are getting about where I want them, going to harvest both of them tomorrow. I got a rub of a lower flower on the mystery girl, shes got a very strong glue smell now. In a few weeks I can try her in the quartz vape so I can give a more accurate flavor profile on her. Just vaped some mendo breath and it taste like a dessert from outer-space hehe.

Will have some harvest pictures and talk about some of the upgrades/strategies that I most likely will be doing in between runs in the next posts, thanks for hanging out and watching!

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

GanjaLion

Thanks zapr! Im looking for a really slow and steady dry, ill hang them with the fan leaves on until the buds suck up all the juice from them. Once they start crinkle up, I'll remove the fan leaves and add it to the soil.

After a few more days before the trim leaves become too crispy, I will trim them off too into jars to cure (I find if I trim them too early the buds dry too quick and lose terpenes. if I trim them too dry I find alot of trichomes falling off).

After the stems start getting a little closer to breaking upon bending, I cut the buds off directly into a jar to cure. Ill burp/turn them periodically, until it loses that wet smell and I just get hit with terpenes when I open it.

Also wanted to note that I turned off the bigger circulating fans on the sides and I left on only the small intake and the carbon filter exhausts.

20210331_004157.jpg

zaprjaques

Very nice!
Thanks for sharing your method!

I have two of those coolermaster fans stacked as my exhaust pulling through a homemade carbon filter :biggrin:. Very silent working on 7 instead of 12v.

GanjaLion

Thanks zaprjaques, my pleasure! I love those fans too they got a big surface area on them, I pulled those out of 2 old gaming PCs. They were used to exhaust the top of the computer.

Hanging for 3 days now, the fan leaves are still a little soft but I think should be ready to pluck off tomorrow night. I put a carboard blocking the direct airflow from the intake fan cause I really want this to happen as slow a possible.

Next post, I'll talk about how im going to prepare the 3gallon pots for next run!

20210402_090926.jpg

20210402_090842.jpg

20210402_090954.jpg

20210402_091006.jpg

Attachments

• 20210402_090954.jpg
    20210402_090954.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210402_091006.jpg
    20210402_091006.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 43

GanjaLion

I think the mystery girl is no longer a mystery hehe. Upon smoking her and just from her bud structures im 100 percent sure this is either gmo cookies or zookies. She has a very strong glue smell but finishes with a sugary dough after taste on the finish. Next run is going to be a mono crop of 2 zookies and no jack herer. I will keep the jack herer alive in my cloner box, but shes going to sit this run out I think lol. This zookies plant is really doing it for me

Soil renewal update and lighting update next, Ive been fried the past few days haha, I havent smoked since a week before harvest

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Dang the pics arent up? I can see them hehe. Everybody has there own strategy, a good percentage of the micro grows I see on here have airy buds from too much light with these leds and destroyed leaves. You can actually hinder your yield from too much light and have slower veg times. So unless your seeing something wrong with my grow, atleast a welcome would be nice haha considering this is my first post/thread. Thxxxx!

Welcome to ICMAG, where everybody knows a better way, lol. You are correct, there IS such a thing as too much light. And I have used both CFL's and LED's, and both work fine. So rock on with your bad self!

GanjaLion

Thanks Jellyfish, appreciate it! True, there is really so many ways to get it done haha. Next run I plan on increasing my light output by alot, going to make a homemade reflector hood with a built in exhaust. I think this is going to not only increase my light production, but I also really help keep the space cool.

GanjaLion

This is a picture of some mycorrhizae ive been slowly and slightly dryly fermenting from some fan leaves. There is visible ectomycorrhizae and for sure is endomycorrhizae in there too. Some will be aerated in a tea with worm castings and a few other things and the rest will be used as mulch then covered with worm castings after. This relation is what will connect my roots directly to its food and water sources

20210408_100952.jpg

Fresh batch of Lactobacillus! A very necessary ingredient to help decompose all of the fresh top dressing ive added. You never want organic material sitting in your pots, without something actively decomposing it and making it available.

20200426_215128.jpg

miss squirrel

I've learned to love some lacto smells in my indoor gardens, that fungus you are encouraging is very interesting. I am more interested in vegetables right now, these methods build flavor and nutrition in food.

GanjaLion

Hey miss squirrel! For sure its not a foul smell but definitely interesting and sour haha.

That mycorrhizae fungus in the jar, I made from fan leaves and about equal parts organic brown sugar(jar needs to be covered with cloth or coffee filter and not left air tight). I only partially wetted it cause I want it to be preserved for a long time and not go foul.

These fungi are thin enough to penetrate the root pores and directly feed the plant(they enter the roots to eat starches and root exudates, its a trade of water and nutrients from the fungus for a carbon source from the roots producing starch exudates).

Because the fungus its eating the plants starch exudates, it can tell what nutrients the plant is lacking and seek it out in the soil through its wide mycelium web and return it to the roots to nourish the plants. This communication is done because they are feeding each other to stay alive and flourish, since fungi cannot create its own carbon source it breaks down compounds and feeds the plant for that juicy plant sap in return, tasty!

Your vegetables there going to taste really good and have great immune systems im sure, with such a wide variety of nutrients they are going to be able to uptake. Never have to worry about chelation and things binding to each other in the soil like with salt fertilizers.