What's new

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

Her newest growth still looks OK, so she still has a chance.

I think she's just stalled right now.

This is more than just stalling. I have experience of seedlings going yellow. Though they should be propagated in much lower nutes and minerals than compost. Adding a little NPK can help the plant digest its feed.

Try feeding with about a quarter of the stated dose of whatever feed you're using, and you may well see your seedling go a much healthier green overnight or in a few days.

PCBuds

This is more than just stalling. I have experience of seedlings going yellow. Though they should be propagated in much lower nutes and minerals than compost. Adding a little NPK can help the plant digest its feed.

Try feeding with about a quarter of the stated dose of whatever feed you're using, and you may well see your seedling go a much healthier green overnight or in a few days.

Yup, that's pretty much what I did.

I had about 250 ml left of my half strength nute solution, then I added 250 ml of tap water to it, then PH'ed it to 5.8 and watered/flushed the bad PH down through the media.

The original solution was way too high at a PH of 7.0

I figure that she was in a huge nute lockout, so she was pulling nutes out of her old leaves to feed the new leaves because her roots were in lockout.

When I say "stalled", I mean that she is going to take some time to recover from having a caustic solution poured on her. Lol
(I got my acids and bases mixed up...)

The problem with that is that every day she spends recovering is less yeild in the end because she's an autoflower.

It's better to kick the shit out of a teenager than a baby.
You can do some permanent damage to a baby. Lol

PCBuds

In my defense, I have a reasonable excuse.
I don't PH my nute solution anymore because with the nutes and tap water, the PH is perfect at 6.0, but I forgot that I was at 1/2 strength, so I needed to adjust the PH.

I know you are adverse to transplanting but starting in smaller pots could help a lot. Ideally you just pre dig a hole in the new pot, put two fingers on top(one on each side of the stem) and turn it upside down. The key is making sure a. the seedling is big enough and b. the little pot is not bone dry OR soaking wet.
  1. You can start in solo cups(or any small opaque container) with a few holes in the bottom.
  2. When it has a few sets of true leaves just premoisten the big pot and dig a hole in the new pot the same size as the cup, then gently coax it out and slide it straight in.
  3. Some things to remember are using the exact same soil mixture in both pots, transplanting when the little pot is moist(not soaking wet and not bone dry), transplanting at the end of the light cycle, and making sure to both premoisten the big pot and then water in the seedling with a weak seasol mix.
  4. Leave it alone until there is some new growth!
The biggest problem most growers have is not neglecting plants but loving them to death!

PCBuds

I know you are adverse to transplanting but starting in smaller pots could help a lot. Ideally you just pre dig a hole in the new pot, put two fingers on top(one on each side of the stem) and turn it upside down. The key is making sure a. the seedling is big enough and b. the little pot is not bone dry OR soaking wet.
  1. You can start in solo cups(or any small opaque container) with a few holes in the bottom.
  2. When it has a few sets of true leaves just premoisten the big pot and dig a hole in the new pot the same size as the cup, then gently coax it out and slide it straight in.
  3. Some things to remember are using the exact same soil mixture in both pots, transplanting when the little pot is moist(not soaking wet and not bone dry), transplanting at the end of the light cycle, and making sure to both premoisten the big pot and then water in the seedling with a weak seasol mix.
  4. Leave it alone until there is some new growth!
  1. I completely suck at transplanting, plus you're supposed to grow Autoflowers in their final pot right from the start, which suits me just fine.
    I'm old and don't like learning new tricks.

I've done this many times before, but this time everything went to shit. Lol

I need to pay more attention.
The biggest problem most growers have is not neglecting plants but loving them to death!

It's not so much that I loved it to death.
It's more like I just pestered it to death.
I've got a filter on my intake air, but my last plant was full of dust and cat hair because I had the damn door open 25 times a day. Lol

I struggle with LIFTA.
It's a real battle.

PCBuds

F-it, I'm starting over.
I've got lots of seeds. (Thanks ReikoX.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210726_040758.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	17905396

I transplanted my hurting closet plant into a solo cup to put on the window sill.

Its my new window plant.
(I couldn't bare to just kill her. Lol)

If she lives, she's got a new home.
Maybe I can make a SIP for it if she survives?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210726_041601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	17905398

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210726_041601.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	17905398

I whipped up about 2 liters of 50/50 blend of seedling starting mix and perlite with degassed tap water, dug a hole in the planter and filled it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210726_043255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	17905399

I will NOT water the hell out of my next sprout, and I will NOT nute her until she has two full sets of leaves.

I think my problem stems from the fact that a seed is just a few mm in diameter but supposedly has all the nutrition it needs to grow two inches tall with two sets of leaves and two inch roots, with just water and air...

It's like, "are you sure you're not hungry?" it's been two weeks and you haven't eaten anything !!??
Lol

JustGrowing420

F-it, I'm starting over.
I've got lots of seeds. (Thanks ReikoX.)

I transplanted my hurting closet plant into a solo cup to put on the window sill.

Its my new window plant.
(I couldn't bare to just kill her. Lol)

If she lives, she's got a new home.
Maybe I can make a SIP for it for she survives?

I whipped up about 2 liters of 50/50 blend of seedling starting mix and perlite with degassed tap water, dug a hole in the planter and filled it.

I will NOT water the hell out of my next sprout, and I will NOT nute her until she has two full sets of leaves.

I think my problem stems from the fact that a seed is just a few mm in diameter but supposedly has all the nutrition it needs to grow two inches tall with two sets of leaves, with just water and air...

It's like, "are you sure you're not hungry?" it's been two weeks and you haven't eaten anything !!??
Lol

Don't worry too much, soil has enough nutrients for a bit longer than two sets of leaves, especially as the volume of your pot look big enough.
I start adding nutes when the cotyledons first show minor signs of yellowing for reference.

PCBuds

I start adding nutes when the cotyledons first show minor signs of yellowing for reference.

That's pretty much what I tried to do but my PH was so off that I made it worse.

They dried right up along with most of the leaves. Lol

Maybe I should just smoke it. Lol

20210726_055016.jpg

PCBuds

I don't mind having a new window plant.

I'm curious to see what happens.

It's an accidental experiment.

I think that she's going to make it. 👍🏻

PCBuds

You sure its not some pest in the soil or overwatering?

Overwatering.

I hosed her down with about 250 ml of water almost every day.
That was stupid.

And she was in seedling starting mix which is mostly peat moss which can get too wet.

She should be OK with pests because I've got soil mites to eat any intruders.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Starting over is a good choice. Didn't that big girl time before last start as a window plant and get moved to the closet later?

PCBuds

Starting over is a good choice. Didn't that big girl time before last start as a window plant and get moved to the closet later?

Sort of.
I finished it in the closet after I cut my closet plant.
It was tall, but it was pretty sparse and only yeilded 56 grams.

It was in a small SIP container and it had PH issues.

20210726_112030.jpg

All my biggest and best plants were started and finished in the closet.

Like this one..

20210726_112644.jpg

PCBuds

I think that I will have a ceremonial smoking of her tomorrow...

My way of saying goodbye.

(She's going to taste like hay and grass clippings. Ewww...
Oh well,
It's a ceremony. Lol)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210727_231738.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.7 KB ID:	17906728