What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2018

blays0r

How do you like those grow bags? I like that they offer better oxygen exchange for the root zone. Notice any obvious improvement over regular pots?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
How do you like those grow bags? I like that they offer better oxygen exchange for the root zone. Notice any obvious improvement over regular pots?
There are two advantages for me, first is the air pruning of the roots and oxygen exchange. Second is they are generally wider and shorter, which fits my micro style better.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The workbench has been flipped to 12/12. I also added the flowering lights at 25% this keeps the DLI the same according to my math.
picture.php

The Adonis is huge at this point. She is not all that happy with the leaves in the fan, but overall is happy. I had a hard time getting the whole plant in the shot.
picture.php

Jilly Bean 2/3 instead of topping her, I crushed the apical growth 180° down. This should promote more branching without slowing her down.
picture.php

Jilly Bean 1/3 (not pictured) and Jilly Bean 3/3 are responding very well to the LST. They are opened up and should give me several nice tops.
picture.php

Creme Brulee still need a week or two of veg. I am debating running these in the screen or just topping them. I know they are going to get very hungry on me once I flip them to 12/12...
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The workbench got a little dried out. The Adonis is bigger and the Jilly Bean were fine, so I waited too long.
picture.php

Adonis
This is the first week flowering, so hopefully it just costs me some of those big water leaves that needed to be trimmed anyway.
picture.php

Jilly Bean 1/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 2/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 3/3
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Well it is about time to harvest some EWC from my vermi-inn. First I removed all of the trays and emptied out the tea from the bottom. I'll add this to my feed tomorrow. Then, leaving the bottom tray behind, the rest of the trays were put back.
picture.php

After harvesting the bottom tray, I filled it about half way with used soil. This was quite dry from sitting, so it was moistened with a pump sprayer.
picture.php

On top of that was a layer of coffee grounds followed by a layer of leaf that's been collecting in my freezer. That was all covered with a layer of wet newspaper.
picture.php

I got a good 2-3 gallons of nicely worked EWC. This will be top dressed and watered in twice per cycle. Once at the beginning and again when I flip to flowering.
picture.php

These Creme Brulee tend to go yellow as soon as I flip them to flower. Notice the one on the right getting some yellowing already. I went ahead and top dressed about a quarter inch of these castings and watered it in with sprouted barley, fulvic acid, yucca powder, and silica.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Another week in the books. These are at about two weeks flowering right now.
picture.php

Adonis is still the big girl in here. She gets a little thirstier than the others.
picture.php

Jilly Bean 1/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 2/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 3/3
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
I like the idea with the coffee grounds. A nice way to bring pasteurized biomass into the garden if it works well.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Reiko.

Feeding wise. What you are doing is reuse the soil and reamend it with home made worm castings?

When I re-use my soil I usually amend it at half the original amount (basic Coots mix). I usually add per cubic foot of soil:
1/2 cup neem seed meal
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup crab/shrimp meal
1 cup oyster shell flour
1 cup gypsum
1 cup rock dust

This is usually mixed up and then the castings are top dressed, cover crop sown, and a straw mulch over the top. Clones or young seedlings get immediately transplanted from 9 oz. paper cups. I usually top dress again at the beginning of flower. I find top dressing with vermicompost to be the easiest and most effective way to use them.

As far as feeding, I have a schedule in try and follow. I alternate plain water between feedings. Something along these lines:

Malted barley tea
Water
Coconut water tea
Water
TM-7
Water
Neem/kelp tea
Water

All my teas have
Aloe/yucca
Fulvic acid
Silica

Once or twice a cycle I'll add sul-po-mag

I like the idea with the coffee grounds. A nice way to bring pasteurized biomass into the garden if it works well.

The coffee grounds go into the worm bin, the image in the coffee container is the finished castings. I use those coffee cans for all kinds of storage. :good:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The workbench is at three weeks flowering now. I adjusted the lights again, now the veg (5000K) strips are off and the flowering strips are at 75%. Now that stretch is over, I think I should have vegged for a little bit longer. Jilly Bean didn't stretch nearly as much as I anticipated. I really should have kept this a monocrop.
picture.php

Adonis is doing well. She responded really well to the LST. There are over a dozen tops.
picture.php

Jilly Bean 1/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 2/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 3/3
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Next round is vegging out now, Cherry Tart by LED Seedz. I'm doing something different, GH 3-part and coco chips. They dont have any labels yet, I label them once I take clones. I will start with the one that topped itself though.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Next round is vegging out now, Cherry Tart by LED Seedz. I'm doing something different, GH 3-part and coco chips.

Funny, I recently switched to fluffy coco from chunky/chips.

I noticed the fluffy dries out quicker than the chunky, oddly enough.

What brand chips you got anyway, I wonder.

And have you run GH 3-part previously.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Funny, I recently switched to fluffy coco from chunky/chips.

I noticed the fluffy dries out quicker than the chunky, oddly enough.

What brand chips you got anyway, I wonder.

And have you run GH 3-part previously.

I used the GROW!T brand. And I did run GH once before using the Lucas formula in the 16-oz party cup challenge. Normally I run recycled organic soil.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The workbench is at 5 weeks. The Adonis are staring to fade a little early for my liking. Shes normally done at eight weeks, so not too stressed about it.
picture.php

Adonis
picture.php

Jilly Bean 1/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 2/3
picture.php

Jilly Bean 3/3
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Creme Brulee are doing really well for 2.5 weeks flowering. Buds starting to form with frost.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Cherry Tart have been transplanted to 2-gallon pots. Waiting on pre-flowers to eliminate the males.
picture.php