What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2018

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Seeing how well your plants respond to your LST efforts has me wanting to do it more often in my garden now. Those plants look amazing and make me envious. :)

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Seeing how well your plants respond to your LST efforts has me wanting to do it more often in my garden now. Those plants look amazing and make me envious. :)
Thanks Dave, means a lot coming from you bud. Wait until you see them next update.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Grass Monkey by LED Seedz at 24 days flowering. They got a coconut powder, aloe, and silica feeding. I adjusted the lighting program to shorten the morning and evening (about 150-watts) and lengthen the mid day (increased to about 350-watts). I'll have to take a video of the demo sometime, it's pretty cool. Now that I've re-wired the fan controller, the humidity is back down to 60% lights out.
picture.php

picture.php

I finally decided on what to run next. I was torn between the Starfighter IBL and the Creme Brulee both by LED Seedz. After a conversation with PJ about how I grow primarily for hash/oil, he told me that his Creme Brulee was probably his biggest oil yielder (30%+). That sold me, so they dropped on 4/20. I forgot to drop all eight seeds, so the remaining two didn't get a 24 hour soak in water first.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Grass Monkey by LED Seedz at 28 days. My only complaint is the buds on the edges aren't getting full light. Everything is super healthy despite being quite close to the lights.
picture.php

Buds are starting to frost up. This is a close up of one of the best looking buds in there.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Grass Monkey at 5 weeks. They are drinking much more now and got a bit dry after three days without water. Time to kick up the watering to every other day for the next couple of weeks. I'm very happy with the SolStrips this run. They are definitely blowing the 150-watt CMH bulb away. Starting to get a hint of a pine/fuel aroma, but still smells very veggie, like celery on the stem rub.
picture.php

Creme Brulee at two weeks from being dropped in the water. They are without a dome now and the stagglers have caught up. I also upped the power level on the veg lights a bit.
picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Your garden is looking real nice under those solstrips Reiko. Killing it in there. How does the grass monkey look a month later?

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Grass Monkey

Grass Monkey

The Grass Monkey F2 testers came out great. Grass Monkey is a cross of Jack Herror x Starfighter IBL. They were very easy to grow, had low odor, and good yields. I got 7 ounces off four plants and an average of 200-watts of SolStrips in a 30"x30"x30" grow cab.

The buds got bigger and filled out a lot in the end.
picture.php

Finished with a lot of fade by day 58, except one which could have used another week.
picture.php

They were very close to the lights the whole time. No issues with burning or heat stress.
picture.php

They are in the jars curing now. They went in a little wet and are a bit grassy smelling. Burping the jars is taking care of the smell.
picture.php

I pressed a few grams of the buds into rosin. The high is uplifting, yet relaxing. It put a smile on my face and gave me some motivation, yet I was still able to fall asleep without trouble that evening. No noticeable anxiety. The flavor is very smooth and tastes like weed. It has a bit of a smokey aroma to it even when growing it smelled like a lit joint.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Those Creme Brulee are in flower now for about 10 days. Creme Brulee is ICookies x Grass Monkey. I'm trying a topping method recommended by the breeder, LED Seedz. I topped them at the seventh node and cleaned up the bottom two nodes just before flipping to flower.
picture.php

I'm doing another test for LED Seedz, Diamonds and Pearls. It's a cross of ICookies x Grandaddy Purple.
picture.php

Eight Diamonds and Pearls shining under about 100-watts of SolStrips in 5000K.
picture.php

I've been posting more regular updates on Overgrow and on Instagram.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Diamonds and Pearls are almost ready for topping and flipping to 12/12. They are very happy, hope I can keep them this way. 👍🌱
picture.php

Here are the Creme Brulee after four weeks of flowering. For some reason she decided she did t need those giant fan leaves anymore. I'm letting them cannibalize the leaves before plucking them.
picture.php

The GG4s1 girls are already looking better, I only need one to win anyway (back right looks good). The pH was stable in the container overnight, so cleaning the container may have helped. They were fed 4 grams/gallon of Megacrop and no CalMag, Silica, or Unicorn Poop. Just to eliminate other variables (I'm thinking it was the silica binding with the nutrients and percipitating out of solution).
picture.php

Four of the five Freedom Dream are sprouted and transplanted into the little 1x1x2 cab. It's kind of like a Where's Waldo picture trying to find them.
picture.php

Juanita definitely needed another plant in there, or planted in the middle. The ran out of steam before reaching the other side of the screen.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Diamonds and Pearls showed five males of the eight seeds. These are the three females, topped and dipped to 12/12 a few days ago.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The GG4s1 are looking pretty happy and healthy now. I culled two of them, leaving me with four. These were also flipped to 12/12 a few days ago. These are for a 16 oz. challenge at overgrow.

picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Creme Brulee at seven weeks. Almost there, packing on the frost. The smells are sweet with earthy notes, almost like smoking out in a bakery. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Diamonds and Pearls at 18 days flowering. Still getting a touch of fading on them. I'm going to break down and feed them Megacrop tonight. The temps and humidity have been high here lately too.

This girl is the "hungriest" girl, definitely needs food.
picture.php

This one looks like she is starting to get some purple to her buds.
picture.php

I just love the structure on this girl. She is praying and happy, got my eye on her.
picture.php

Juanita is doing great at a little over 4 weeks. She easily goes 10 weeks. I think one plant in the middle would be perfect next round. I'm debating what to run next, I'm sticking with clones in here for a while. Probably will be Jilly Bean or Skywalker OG.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Creme Brulee are at 55 days now and definitely packing on the weight. I will bust out the scope tonight and check on readiness. Looking at the buds, they look like they could use another week.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Diamonds and Pearls are definitely done stretching. I could have let them get a tad bigger before flipping them to flower. The workshop has been much warmer than I would like, these girls got up to 90*F yesterday. It's about 100*F outside with 40% RH, so my swamp cooler isn't able to keep up. This should only last another week or two, this is the peak of our summer heat. Still a bit of yellowing in the leaves, I'll feed them more megacrop tomorrow. Last night they got malted barley, aloe, fulvic, and silica.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Diamonds and Pearls are at seven weeks now, they will definitely be done around 8 weeks. I gave them a low dose of nutrients last night, and will get water from here on out.

Diamonds and Pearls 1
picture.php

Diamonds and Pearls 4
picture.php

Diamonds and Pearls 8
picture.php

I cleaned out the right side and moved these girls there to finish. The right side runs at night, so these girls will get an extra long nap.
picture.php

I reammended 20 gallons of soil, and filled four 5-gallon pots. They were then top dressed with vermicompost and malted barley powder. A clover cover crop was planted, and I transplanted three Jilly Bean clones and an Adonis clone. A thin layer of barley straw will help keep in moisture until the clover comes in. This was all watered in with kelp, coconut water, aloe, and silica.
picture.php