What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My LED armoire project

morvis

Started this back in Oct-ish, with a 100$ armoire score off the local craigs list. Tried to get it for 75 but the old lady was firm and this was a nice solid unit, well worth the 100 bucks.

RUrhgEr.jpg
2bFz28M.png

Little chop here, some hammering there...

Long story short, here's the "finished" product, in its place in my bedroom.

HRypaAQ.jpg

opE8laB.jpg

vyOqJaP.jpg

Sporting 2x HLG-185-1050's, with 5 each 3500k and 3000k CLU048-1212's mixed about for a decent flowering spectrum range.
and a S&P TDS-150s for exhaust. Probably a little bit of an overkill with that one but I can use it when I later expand out of this cabinet.

morvis

veg chamber in the bottom left box
dYCARht.jpg

light cycle flip day

ja2YVJZ.jpg

I've since resolved some airflow issues, raised the lights and got a proper dimmer set up so the signs of heat/light stress have subsided quite a bit.

A few days after, I did a bit of tucking maintenance, rearranging branches and such, and made a nest-like shape, to expose the lower inner growth and one last round of supercropping, on the outer branches and on the inner ones that are now getting more light.

oTSkrPa.jpg

The middle is really filling in, it's finally seemed to have recovered from the supercropping and the stretching is started. This is my first time to do anything of this sort, so I'm kinda winging it but next round should have most of the kinks worked out.

I'll get a photo in a couple days when the stretch is really turning on. Super stoked to see that and the colas these throw out!

morvis

Glad to see someone building a armoire grow again. The use of furniture is the best way to go imo.

Sure is. Nice little scrog box she is. I made a shelf for the back for a full tabletop for a SOG of I wanted to do that and the back can go all the way to the ground if I wanted to just do a couple regular plants. Right now there's a shelf in the back that puts the top of a 7gal felt pot a few inches under the screen.

n_d_ledz

Nice build out and setup of spaces. I used to use a 2'x4'x6' cabinet for everything and found myself always wishing for more veg space!

How goes the sound level and light leaks?

morvis

Nice build out and setup of spaces. I used to use a 2'x4'x6' cabinet for everything and found myself always wishing for more veg space!

How goes the sound level and light leaks?

Sound could use some help but it's pretty well light sealed, the flowering chamber anyway.

n_d_ledz

Check Home Depot for ceiling tiles. I believe they sell them by the piece, or did.... But they are cheap and good at absorbing sound. That and loose insulation will eat up a lot of noise.

Some noise is fan rumble, get some 2" duct tape and tape the pc fan with the excess to the connection end of the fan. Cut the corners back to relieve the edge and tape in place. The duct tape will absorb the fan vibration. I can post some pics of the process if you're interested.

morvis

Check Home Depot for ceiling tiles. I believe they sell them by the piece, or did.... But they are cheap and good at absorbing sound. That and loose insulation will eat up a lot of noise.

Some noise is fan rumble, get some 2" duct tape and tape the pc fan with the excess to the connection end of the fan. Cut the corners back to relieve the edge and tape in place. The duct tape will absorb the fan vibration. I can post some pics of the process if you're interested.

Good idea on the ceiling tiles. I could replace the foilboard with white tiles and it would probably make a bit of difference.

I don't have a PC fan but wouldnt mind seeing pics of how you are talking. Maybe after this first grow I can put in some vibration dampening rubber between the fan mount and the ceiling that it's currently just screwed directly to.

morvis

End of the first full week at 12/12

http://i.imgur.com/w9PYVzS.jpg[/IMG

Super Lemon Haze
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yaoctzj.jpg

Jack Herer
F30bc0g.jpg