What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

pANicModE

Been using this same brand but 9.5w 3000k with great results. Anyone try these out yet ?¿!

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Veg..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=Z9EDGC2GHPKKEQSM27WS

Pretty wild a e27 socket cxb3590 with a fan in it haha... Still not exactly as budget friendly as a few 6 packs of 13-14w LEDs.... but pretty cool... I was looking at some 4 pack 13w 1500lumen LEDs for $12.99.. I'm thinking about going for it when I find ones I trust... I wanna get at least 200w + of them, and probably get a UVb t5 to supplement some blues\uv for full spectrum and give it a shot.... Still haven't been able to find a cheaper or better alternative. They have 800 chip lm561 quantum board styles for sale but.... Thats still $120+ just for the driver let alone LED costs..... for a 480 watt $120 driver cost I could get damn near 500 watts worth of screw in bulbs.. They might only be able to power a solid foot of penetration but..... with SOG... heh.. Thats all you need lol

Goats

https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Veg..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=Z9EDGC2GHPKKEQSM27WS

Pretty wild a e27 socket cxb3590 with a fan in it haha... Still not exactly as budget friendly as a few 6 packs of 13-14w LEDs.... but pretty cool... I was looking at some 4 pack 13w 1500lumen LEDs for $12.99.. I'm thinking about going for it when I find ones I trust... I wanna get at least 200w + of them, and probably get a UVb t5 to supplement some blues\uv for full spectrum and give it a shot.... Still haven't been able to find a cheaper or better alternative. They have 800 chip lm561 quantum board styles for sale but.... Thats still $120+ just for the driver let alone LED costs..... for a 480 watt $120 driver cost I could get damn near 500 watts worth of screw in bulbs.. They might only be able to power a solid foot of penetration but..... with SOG... heh.. Thats all you need lol

haha, that's neat! the only thing i can think about the 100w driven cxb is that it needs to be 18+ inches away does it not?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
It says it pulls 75w from the wall. Plus a little fan in it, pretty cool..
... I'd imagine it would be better to keep it far away just in terms of useful footprint alone.... Unless you got co2 and dont mind crazy intensity lol. Definitely not a super microgrow light

chronosync

Well-stoned member
1st pic : one out of four in my micro tent

2nd pic : buds off that plant
3rd pic : buds off a different plant in my tent

estimated yield around 20-30 grams per plant; or roughly 100 grams from 108 watts mixed spectrum generic 9w bulbs

I'm really happy how these turned out, very frosty and terps seemed better this round. My previous havests were all done 400w mh/hps. This grow was just as good if not better, just a bit smaller :) fine by me!

Thanks for all the help and knowledge!

-TheShortTexan-

Is anyone here running SIL's in a hydro setup? I've scoped out quite a bit of this AMAZING thread and am seeing mostly midsize size soil grows.(which are fantastic by the way) Nothing wrong about that for sure, just would be cool to see some shots of a SIL hydro grow.:biggrin:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Is anyone here running SIL's in a hydro setup? I've scoped out quite a bit of this AMAZING thread and am seeing mostly midsize size soil grows.(which are fantastic by the way) Nothing wrong about that for sure, just would be cool to see some shots of a SIL hydro grow.:biggrin:

I did mine in straight coco cups, 22oz

I'm about to try one with hempy cups/mini hempy buckets using perlite:verm, 3:1, maybe a bit larger as I'm doing less plants I think

-TheShortTexan-

I did mine in straight coco cups, 22oz

I'm about to try one with hempy cups/mini hempy buckets using perlite:verm, 3:1, maybe a bit larger as I'm doing less plants I think

That will be a good grow. I get fed up with hydro sometimes and just wanna trash it all and grab some dirt. But when it gets dialed in it really does produce amazing results. Dialing it in is the part where all the work is involved :biglaugh:

When you use SIL'S because they produce really well for much less hassle, I guess it's kind of counter productive to throw in hydroponics. But I bet the combination of the two would make for some off-the-charts results. Everyone here is kicking ass from what I can see!! :headbange

ChrisTheGreek

Guys hi there i want to ask a question cause this post with led e27 bulbs is something i am really interested and i am reading and learning new things the last 2 years..Guys i am confused with dimensions,centimeters,inches,sq/ft so many things..So lets get to the point,i have a small growtent for one plant,the dimension is ((40x40x160 in centimeters) and i grow with a 50w flood light(led)at 2700k and with e27 bulbs..I want to ask how nany watts u believe are ok for this space?I use 45w with bulbs(4000k) for vegetative phase and when flowering i add the 50w flood light..Its ok or too much or i need more?about the spectrums what do u think?I also have high temperatures from 30 and somtimes reaches 33!!I have a fan inside but its not enough so i leave sometimes a little bit open the zip to cool down the heat..Any help is welcome guys,greetings from sunshining Greece

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Welcome ChrisTheGeek! :tiphat:

The growtent where I use the SIL wood-grid has exactly the same dimensions as yours.

Regarding heat, do you have extraction/intraction? Is that fan only for air movement inside the tent?

ChrisTheGreek

Hi mate and thanks for the respond!!No i dont have any ventipation system except the fan,sometimes when the heat is higher i open the zip of the tent and i add another one small fan and it drops 1-2 degrees..I saw some signs of heat stress and now i have the lights about 40cm from the top of the plant..I wish i had money for a small portable a/c..

Here's some pics of my other sativa hybrid at 2.5 weeks of flower.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180726-201902_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20180726-201902_Video Player.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20180726-201954_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20180726-201954_Video Player.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20180727-141012_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20180727-141012_Messenger.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 12
Hi mate and thanks for the respond!!No i dont have any ventipation system except the fan,sometimes when the heat is higher i open the zip of the tent and i add another one small fan and it drops 1-2 degrees..I saw some signs of heat stress and now i have the lights about 40cm from the top of the plant..I wish i had money for a small portable a/c..

Aren't there ventilation ducts or like holes in the tent for ventilation Ducts. I would open up 2 of them and have 1 fan bringing in air and the other venting it out.

Latest posts

Latest posts