What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bagseed x NYCD X Sensi Star

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Took a cutting of the Gorilla Girl, (Gorilla Glue X Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mint)

I lost a cut, and only had one back up in veg, now we good.

You can imagine, I don't buy seeds often, that a missed chance with these genetics would be painful.

I'm planning all the crosses to make with the new genitics.

With such a small veg space you'd want to start with the stuff that has been flowered and sampled.

The Orange Sherbet is a cultivar I would have made crosses with, but that lone plant presents too long of a veg growth,
as well as much preflower in veg.

The Sugar Black Rose FEM plant is a worthy plan B to the OS.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
The Sugar Black Rose FEM, and the Maple Leaf Indica plant in flower is at 52 days,
although many take them at 55-60 days, I'll go another ten + days,
the previous MLI went 65 days, and the cured buds were very good.

There is another SBR in flower, flipped 12/10, so at 2/3 will be fifty five days,
maybe I'll chop her then for a comparison.

A few SBR cuts rooting as we speak.

The Agent Lemon in flower is at forty six days, easily another ten days,
she is stacked, and presenting a lemon fuel scent, nice.

The 07 plant is also doing well, will be soon to chop at seventy days +/-
the end of next month.

Chopped the thunk, 110 days +/-

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2098597.jpg Views:	2 Size:	157.9 KB ID:	18026901

The flower box, SBR in front, to the left MLI, second row Agent Lemon, Gorilla Girl,
third row from is the 07, next to the fan hole.

Attachments

• image_2098596.jpg
    image_2098596.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 41

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Sampled the F1 x P1 multi buds.

Couple weeks in the jar.

Smokes like mexi brick, hard hitting, harsh, tastes like dirt.

We get so high, hours almost tripping, hard to drive the 45 minute commute.

Handled it like a pro, others almost puked, lol.

Guessing the sensi star genetics kicking in.

Stoked to in breed cross, such good smoke, will be offering these buds next gathering, with a warning, lol

Lung buster. A low score on taste, but effect is old school killer, maybe some influence from the original 1979 mum.

Yes, I will intentionally breed to a harsh dirt cultivar, lol

Hit the Orange Sherbet stash, that is a good tasting cultivar,
only a couple grams left, but there is the last one in flower, all mine.

You can say I was disappointed that the plant was long veg, she would be a good plant to keep,
but too many weeks in veg to take cuts.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Took cuttings of the Chem Dog 03, 01, hollow stems, big stretch in veg.

Feeding EC.1.2, what do you think of hollow stems anyway, some believe they okay.

I keep the rooms steady with feed but temps/humidity are variable, haven't noticed potency lack
with the few cultivars that present hollow stems.

Flipped a Maple Leaf Indica plant.

The Sugar Black Rose, and Maple Leaf Indica chopped at 60 days

aliceklar

Took cuttings of the Chem Dog 03, 01, hollow stems, big stretch in veg.

Feeding EC.1.2, what do you think of hollow stems anyway, some believe they okay.

I keep the rooms steady with feed but temps/humidity are variable, haven't noticed potency lack
with the few cultivars that present hollow stems.

Flipped a Maple Leaf Indica plant.

The Sugar Black Rose, and Maple Leaf Indica chopped at 60 days

I've heard that hollow stems are indicative of more hemp/fibre type cannabis, but suck it & see, eh. Who cares whats inside the stems if the buds are good?

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Slownickle claims hallow stems are a Ca/B deficiency...

Yes a calcium deficiency has been noted before, but I'm going to run these cuts as per routine and go from there,
as I grow plants that suit my environment and avoid plants that have specific needs.

The plants in question looked healthy otherwise, no leaf issues.

Have you corrected a hollow stem pheno with nute adjustments, let me know.

I will look into the calcium thing, been adding epsom for years, maybe I'll get some calmag and go from there.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
I've heard that hollow stems are indicative of more hemp/fibre type cannabis, but suck it & see, eh. Who cares whats inside the stems if the buds are good?

Blueberry, dj short, comes to mind as an example of the hollow stem debate, I have yet to dive deep into the Chem Dog lines to gleen information concerning its hollow stem traits.

Meanwhile, the addition of calcium to my nute regiment is indicated, that addition is simple and likely to enhance the grow.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Only time I've experienced hallow stems was with autos and hydro, so no. My notill beds always have solid stems.

aliceklar

I think I saw hollow stems on some of the Johaar I grew last couple of years (TRSC, Himalayan landrace - v tall!) - tbh was not paying much attention to the stems tho...

Dropped Cat

Veteran
The recent Maple Leaf Indica yield:

Click image for larger version  Name:	MLI-Yield.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.9 KB ID:	18033427

A decent plant to smoke, this is the second run of this plant. I have more seeds to pop, this was the first seed, from cutting, the mum kept in veg.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
A close up from the Sugar Black Rose, mum kept in veg, a promising addition to anyone's grow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SBR-CLose-Up.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.7 KB ID:	18033431

This from the recent plant chopped, will sample her in a couple weeks and report.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Here's the Agent Lemon (Original Agent Lemon x Jack the Ripper) 03 chopped:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Agent-Lemon-Yield.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	18037596

Lemon light scent with pine, 03 keeper in veg, will pop more of the seeds I have for more females, then cross with the males I have in veg.

F2 later this year, and then the hunt begins, there is good genetics in this cross.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
The new genetics, Sugar Black Rose and Agent Lemon yield is 6-7 grams per plant.

Sweating in the jar as we speak, test smoke next week.

On par with my bagseed cross, 07, and recent F1 x P1 yield.

Not a deal breaker, but I have to admit that among the cultivars I have flowered recently, the Orange Sherbet
had the best taste/aroma/yield profile of them all, and sadly produced the lamest plant to keep.

One last plant in flower and she is lackluster to say the least.

End of that line for now.

Gorilla Girl in flower is decent, we'll see.

I may ditch all the new lot and just continue with my bag seed cross.

The test smoke of both the SBR and AL will determine their fate.

Chemdog plants flipped, hopefully will be decent smoke.

Meanwhile, the Maple Leaf Indica plant is worthy, a keeper.

I'll pop the AL seeds to get all the females that show, and make the cross with the AL males in the spring.

The AL 03 has some pine/lemon, hope to explore that with the F2's

Sigh.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
Regarding pre flower, I have cultivars that flower for 70- 90 days, and 120 days.

New stock flowers 60-70 days. the only cultivar in flower pre flowered heavy,
and no cuts kept.

The other cultivars, SBR and AL showed no preflower, so kept for now.

My take on making crosses is the plants in veg that show pre flowers are weak.

The cuttings I have flipped that preflower are prone to uptake instabilities and lackluster yields.

I want stock that is stable in veg and only show sex in flower to avoid the hormone release
in veg, as a plant in veg for a few weeks that preflowers in 18/6 will likely be fragile in flower.

Micro grow with 165W in flower.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
The Agent Lemon yield in the jar, those buds were in and out of the paper bag often, lots of moisture.

The pine is there, will test smoke them in a couple weeks.

The MLI plant in the jar, and I will enjoy that smoke, although makes me dry and thirsty.

The Sugar Black Rose yield is sweating, test smoke soon.

The F1 x P1 buds finally have some character, less dirt and some floral citrus.

Knock you on your ass smoke, good stuff.