Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yogurt Cup Challenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yogurt Cup Challenge

    Welcome

    Let's grow amazing plants in 6oz yogurt cup containers together, document the grows, share our experience, and collectively decide who accomplished the most impressive results.

    in the spirit of:

    Beer cup challenges:
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169
    ^^ 2011

    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238858
    ^^^ 2012

    1 sqft challenge:
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108973

    Last round of yogurt cup challenge:
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249157
    last rounds call for entries thread:
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248298


    IN REVIEW:

    original rules:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElfstoneStrider

    "1) a 6 oz. yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions, please. Keep the original label on there.

    2) A cutting or rooted clone of any Cannabis female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

    Your entered cut may be rooted or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must root in the yogurt cup itself using either soil or soilless medium. If your entry has already been rooted, that's fine but it must be transplanted so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup and may require root trimming. "

    We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences.

    Yogurt cups are usually no more than 6 oz total, so lets call that max, i did find one local yogurt company w 8oz containers.... but lets stick to 6, that's also well under the beer cup which is 16 oz Im pretty sure

    Altho roots gotta stay in the container at all times; you can modify the yogurt cup so long as you don't expand the capacity beyond 6oz, and if you have to prune roots, do it so u cant see any roots out the bottom.

    "Roots must be contained within the container. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be visible outside the container."

    we will have 12 weeks time until the contest closes, that's June 8th, plants must be cut and harvest pics posted by then.

    It would be nice to see plants against a ruler for reference....


    ^^^^^ HOPE THAT ALL MAKES SENSE ^^^^^^


    weekly update pics are pretty key here, so let's all try to keep it up, altho if u miss one week, don't give it up just keep the steady updates coming and we all will make it to the finish line together!

    so post those weekly updates here in this thread, this is the place to be for the next 12 weeks.

    I'm pretty sure i've compiled a full list of members who entered the challenge via the CALL FOR ENTRIES THREAD found here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257266

    If i have left anyone out, please let me know, and I assure you it was accidental.


    audio guy: bagseed clone in soil using maxibloom KISS method, grown in a 2ftx1ftx2ft stealth dresser under 110w PLL

    gloryoskie: Zamaldelica Flowered under 110 watts PL-L is good for me and mine. looks like it is in coco (?) or peat perhaps.

    Canna_Gnome: White Strawberry- (the white x strawberry cough) in some ffof. looks like under an hps of some sort.

    wildgrow: love cheese. Its going in Promix amended with extra perlite, vermiculite and a small granule general purpose fert.

    hurk: growing in organic soil. The plant came from a purple kush bag seed. & Sour D

    Persephone: Sour Bubble in rockwool and perlite on a flood and drain table.

    joe guy: DHN cherry pie & PBK (strain horder cut) in a promix cocco mix under a 400 watts

    Agent SmokesAlot: Headband & ultra sonja in Ocean Forest

    greenmatter: 2 afghan kush, one diesel cross, looks like coco

    mysterymachine: pre98 bubba in promix

    rocket1: pre98 bubba & purple chemdog

    frankenstien2: exodus kush by DNA in happy frog

    clearcutter: VBSxAK47 in soil

    avinash.miles: "h4" hazeman tester & flo x grimm "pink" pheno

    Ziggaro: untested pineapple express fed GO line & an OSD clone in coco and micro/bloom for nutes, plus maybe some epsom salt if necessary.

    otis33: OG13, sour jack, pineapple express, all in coco with perlite. H& G coco + additives

    soursmoker: Resin Hessassin in organic soil

    sourdiesel1: gsc & afgoo

    18 total members participating!!!!

    Let the fun begin.


    Last edited by Avinash.miles; 03-17-2013, 04:56.


    #2
    18! Really good turn out for this one. Good luck everybody!
    Mental Floss x Blockhead Test Grow

    SSC Lot M69 F2???

    The Crap I Have to Deal with...

    Comment


      #3
      Looks to be a very nice round hope we all make it to the finish
      And very interested to see the variations of bubba turn out...
      As learned from the last round if u missed it we all found that flowering
      Time was sped up by a week average so keep that in mind.
      I made a few mods to my cups this round to hopefully avoid any root bound issues and allow me to veg a lot longer...
      Lets have some fun everyone....
      A man who fears nothing
      Is a man who loves nothing....(criminal minds)

      Time to rock it from the delta to the DFZ

      IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POST READ A FUCKIN BOOK

      Comment


        #4
        Awesome! Hopefully between the 18 we can grow a couple of oz of great weed.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by joe guy View Post
          And very interested to see the variations of bubba turn out...
          i was thinkn the same thing, bubba is one of my absolute fav strains.

          Originally posted by Hurk View Post
          Awesome! Hopefully between the 18 we can grow a couple of oz of great weed.
          ^^^ LOL

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Hurk View Post
            Awesome! Hopefully between the 18 we can grow a couple of oz of great weed.


            that 3.1 grams each

            good luck everyone!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Avinash.miles View Post
              Welcome

              Let's grow amazing plants in 6oz yogurt cup containers together, document the grows, share our experience, and collectively decide who accomplished the most impressive results.

              in the spirit of:

              Beer cup challenges:
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169
              ^^ 2011

              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238858
              ^^^ 2012

              1 sqft challenge:
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108973

              Last round of yogurt cup challenge:
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249157
              last rounds call for entries thread:
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248298


              IN REVIEW:

              original rules:

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ElfstoneStrider

              "1) a 6 oz. yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions, please. Keep the original label on there.

              2) A cutting or rooted clone of any Cannabis female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

              Your entered cut may be rooted or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must root in the yogurt cup itself using either soil or soilless medium. If your entry has already been rooted, that's fine but it must be transplanted so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup and may require root trimming. "

              We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences.

              Yogurt cups are usually no more than 6 oz total, so lets call that max, i did find one local yogurt company w 8oz containers.... but lets stick to 6, that's also well under the beer cup which is 16 oz Im pretty sure

              Altho roots gotta stay in the container at all times; you can modify the yogurt cup so long as you don't expand the capacity beyond 6oz, and if you have to prune roots, do it so u cant see any roots out the bottom.

              "Roots must be contained within the container. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be visible outside the container."

              we will have 12 weeks time until the contest closes, that's June 8th, plants must be cut and harvest pics posted by then.

              It would be nice to see plants against a ruler for reference....


              ^^^^^ HOPE THAT ALL MAKES SENSE ^^^^^^


              weekly update pics are pretty key here, so let's all try to keep it up, altho if u miss one week, don't give it up just keep the steady updates coming and we all will make it to the finish line together!

              so post those weekly updates here in this thread, this is the place to be for the next 12 weeks.

              I'm pretty sure i've compiled a full list of members who entered the challenge via the CALL FOR ENTRIES THREAD found here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257266

              If i have left anyone out, please let me know, and I assure you it was accidental.


              audio guy: bagseed clone in soil using maxibloom KISS method, grown in a 2ftx1ftx2ft stealth dresser under 110w PLL

              gloryoskie: Zamaldelica Flowered under 110 watts PL-L is good for me and mine. looks like it is in coco (?) or peat perhaps.

              Canna_Gnome: White Strawberry- (the white x strawberry cough) in some ffof. looks like under an hps of some sort.

              wildgrow: love cheese. Its going in Promix amended with extra perlite, vermiculite and a small granule general purpose fert.

              hurk: growing in organic soil. The plant came from a purple kush bag seed. & Sour D

              Persephone: Sour Bubble in rockwool and perlite on a flood and drain table.

              joe guy: DHN cherry pie & PBK (strain horder cut) in a promix cocco mix under a 400 watts

              Agent SmokesAlot: Headband & ultra sonja in Ocean Forest

              greenmatter: 2 afghan kush, one diesel cross, looks like coco

              mysterymachine: pre98 bubba in promix

              rocket1: pre98 bubba & purple chemdog

              frankenstien2: exodus kush by DNA in happy frog

              clearcutter: VBSxAK47 in soil

              avinash.miles: "h4" hazeman tester & flo x grimm "pink" pheno

              Ziggaro: untested pineapple express fed GO line & an OSD clone in coco and micro/bloom for nutes, plus maybe some epsom salt if necessary.

              otis33: OG13, sour jack, pineapple express, all in coco with perlite. H& G coco + additives

              soursmoker: Resin Hessassin in organic soil

              sourdiesel1: gsc & afgoo

              18 total members participating!!!!

              Let the fun begin.


              Oh maaan i can't believe i didn't see this. If i can join now im down but if not im gunna be following this one like the white rabbit. Good luck to everyone

              Comment


                #8
                good luck everyone!
                sigpic

                SCROG THREAD!
                VERT Grow Thread!
                ECSDxSSSDH test thread!




                Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

                Comment


                  #9
                  This is gonna be awesome. My little exodus already loves her home. Her sisters on both sides are telling her, go towards the light. I gotta try and figure out how to keep her watered without letting her dry out and die, never finished anything in a containeer this small.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks to Avinash for facilitating this challenge.

                    P.
                    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
                    J. Krishnamurti

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ugh.. had 1 day notice apt inspections last week so I ended up having to throw everything in my car last minute, which is usually fine but it was hovering just above freezing. My indica that was about 7 wks into flowering decided to go hermie from the cold shock, so now I'm hoping it didn't affect my other plants, including my yogurt cup.

                      Since my other plants weren't showing even white hairs yet (they're both still in stretch mode), I shouldn't be worried about the hermie pollinating them right? The hermie has now since been quarantined.

                      Yogurt pics coming as soon as I get everything running again.. probably mid next week.
                      Stealth Micro 110W PLL Grow - In Progress

                      Comment


                        #12
                        argh, missed it by that much!

                        I have rooting sour diesel clones, and an emtpy yogurt cup. Maybe next time!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          tremolo & anyone else who missed the deadline, u can play along, fine with me, just wont be part of the vote at the end, but welcome to tag along, post pics, share ur experience and techniques... im not gonna tell any one not to play along, like auditing a class, your participating just dont get credit.

                          by all means the more the merrier, lets do this thing, see some more pics of yogi cup plants, im guessing everyone is still in veg?
                          anyone flipped to 12.12 yet?

                          Comment


                            #14

                            ^^^ hazeman tester "h4" on the left, flo x grim "pink" pheno on the right

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	12738861
                              Here's my nifty mod to the yogi cups (and some root porn)and how I believe I can veg
                              Much longer and not worry about root bound issues.
                              But for the sake of the rules I will place each home made smart pot
                              In its appropriate cup for pix.
                              Just super over medicated awhile back and thought it up
                              Orginally was Gona try SCROG but canned the idea for pain in the
                              Ass issues.(to hard to fit in soon to be SOG room...)
                              Hope the idea works as good as it dose in my head ha ha...
                              Here's to a fuckin epic contest
                              A man who fears nothing
                              Is a man who loves nothing....(criminal minds)

                              Time to rock it from the delta to the DFZ

                              IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POST READ A FUCKIN BOOK

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X