What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126x3w LED tent grow

oneshot

Current setup on page 6

So after going MIA for years, I decided it's time to start back up. This is going to be a Hempy bucket grow 70/30 perlite/vermiculite using Lucas Formula (8ml/1gal of FloraNova and molasses during flower) I am going to use the MaxiBloom later if this goes well.

I decided on going with a 3'x2'x5' Lighthouse Hydro tent. Tents sure have come a long way. This thing is nice and secure, although I think I am going to run into issues (I'll explain later).

The light is a Blackstar 240W LED lamp. My reason is, tight nodes, bushy plants, HEAT, cost. I didn't want to dump a lot of money on a Lumigrow quite yet since I haven't done this in awhile. This light should still give me plenty of yield for a personal stash. They are doing 18/6.

Exhaust is being done with a Can Max 6" fan with a Can 33 (not here yet :( ). Although I am completely worried about the filter fitting in this tent. I had no idea how big they were when I ordered it. I am also going to be getting the 6" insulated ducting tomorrow. Last thing I forgot.

Beans are a cross between Schnazzleberry x Blue Velvet. These beans are 5+ years old and I didn't know if they would even germinate. I had 20 of them and just threw them all in. Today I checked and 8 have popped (4 aren't out yet enough). Decided to start with 4! I also am being gifted 3 Sour Diesel clones this week, it's why I only wanted 7.

Nothing too exciting yet but since I have officially started, time to post the thread :) I hope you all subscribe and I will actively be monitoring this. Cheers to all who have helped answer LED / Hempy bucket questions! Hopefully this is a success.

oneshot

DTF, GP73LPC, Seebeedee - thanks for the positive vibes and welcome!

I heard from the breeder, these seeds are actually Schnazzleberry x Blue Velvet.

Tent is running right under 80 degrees even with the shitty fan placement / no duct work yet. My RH is sitting around 31% though :( I put a cup of water in there but didn't seem to help that much. Think I will have to get a humidifier?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
you could use some pearlite in the bottom of the plants recipients and then have a tray with water under them. that would definely raise the humidity more than a cup of water. you want surface, more surface, more evaporation..

good luck! I'll follow! :wave:

oneshot

you could use some pearlite in the bottom of the plants recipients and then have a tray with water under them. that would definely raise the humidity more than a cup of water. you want surface, more surface, more evaporation..

good luck! I'll follow! :wave:

You mean just a tray with perlite and water and just set the cups in that under the light?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
no.. because perlite floats over water..

i meant like 2 cm in the bottom of all the pots that would be in the tray, and then water in the tray (1-1.5 cm of water). perlite will be there to keep them from drowning.

oneshot

no.. because perlite floats over water..

i meant like 2 cm in the bottom of all the pots that would be in the tray, and then water in the tray (1-1.5 cm of water). perlite will be there to keep them from drowning.

Maybe I am not following :) The media is perlite/vermic already mixed in the cups.

I'll put some water in the tray though and put the cups in the water.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
ok, if there is enaugh perlite and vermiculite in the mix, you should be alringht if they sit in a cm of water.

I guess you could try to read again my posts to get it.. so, the perlite I was talking about should be in the pots, at the bottom. hope you can visualize it now. :wave:

oneshot

ok, if there is enaugh perlite and vermiculite in the mix, you should be alringht if they sit in a cm of water.

I guess you could try to read again my posts to get it.. so, the perlite I was talking about should be in the pots, at the bottom. hope you can visualize it now. :wave:

The mix is 3 parts perlite, 1 part vermic. I mixed it up in a 5 gallon bucket and then scooped it into the cups.

I was confused because there is already tons of perlite in the mix :) :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
yeah, my bad, under those leds, the mix looks like soil or soiless mix + some pealite.
you're good then, put some water into the tray, that should rise the humidity more than the cup you used.

oneshot

yeah, my bad, under those leds, the mix looks like soil or soiless mix + some pealite.
you're good then, put some water into the tray, that should rise the humidity more than the cup you used.

Thanks again for the advice. I love ICmag! :) I just put some water in the tray.

stupid local hardware store didn't have 6" insulated ducting. Off to the chain stores :/ Hate not giving small business my money :(

oneshot

Day 2 update.

Got the 6" insulated duct. This shit is hard to work with. Barely fits through the exhaust opening in the tent. Wondering if I should have gotten a reducer and gone with 4" duct. Anyways, it's installed in the temp position with the fan.

SNAKE!

It's still really nice temps in the cab
but the humidity is still a problem. The water is already evaporated from the tray :/ Keep on adding more I guess.

Also, is too much negative pressure a bad thing? Since adding the ducting my tent has been bowing like crazy.

I still don't know what to do with the exhaust duct. I have an attic access up in the closet and I got a 90 degree end (name escapes me right now) for the end of the duct. My intentions were to put it up there but I am wondering if I do that the neighbors might smell :/ Again, not even sure how much this grow is going to smell either. For now I am going to leave it on the floor.

Also, Ken's Granddaddy Purple are also making their way to me :jump:

Definitely pulling up a chair for this ride :) I can't wait to see how that LED light turns out in conjunction with the tent, I may be experimenting with this in the future.

oneshot

@Robotrumble @Good Stuff - thanks for joining :) I didn't see many Blackstar grows either here so I don't plan on going anywhere!

I checked the beans yesterday and a bunch more popped. I added 3 more cups to the lights for a total of 7. 2 of them look like the plants are going to break the surface soon though. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics soon of actual plants!

My can 33 filter showed up today, no idea how I am going to fit this thing in the tent lol.

oneshot

oh, I was hoping someone could answer my question about having TOO much negative pressure?

Just want to make sure, but I think the Can Fan 6" might be too powerful for the tent :)

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
as long as your tent is not collapsing or putting pressure on structural elements that might break because of it, you should be fine.

of course you don't want the inside of your ten rubbing all over your trichromes either :cry:

Latest posts

Latest posts