What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My works - English version

Good afternoon fellow growers.

Due to the lack of action in the danish section have I decided to post my work here in the english section.

Because of sheer laziness will you just get an edited google translation, so feel free to ask if there is anything you dont understand.

You can see the original thread here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=223535

Here goes:

After some quiet time, from my side, here on this site, di I think it's time I show you some of my projects. When I have time to spare, I will gather it all in this thread. In total, we will follow 2 Grows, all after all my own designs and ideas, but I have only my hands in my own closet.

This is a follow up to my grow: Version 2.0
An older project that has been developed: mini cabinet

My closet
Some of you may have followed my old thread. It was now grow by a long time ago and there has been one failure between now and then. In the meantime, I have had an interrupted trial, which I will not dwell on. Was not happy with the layout, the variety and performance of the setup I tried (Ebb'n flow Coco). So I choose to take a break over the summer, and think things through. Now, however, I made a good start again ☺ I will start to scratch the details up, both in terms of equipment and future plans.

Strain:
Blue Cheese

Training:
Low stress training
Vertical green tube

Setup:
150W HPS mounted vertically (Bare Bulb)
26W UVB light to boost THC
175 CBM Channel fan with inverter (speed control)
12V Sunon fan for the bulb (it eats fingertips if you are not careful)
Carbon filter
Outdoor / indoor thermometer (modded so I have two probes)
CPU coolers mounted on ballast
Rotary walls bucket (Mounted on top of 8 wheels)
Night Light (So you can work whenever they sleep)
Completely hidden closet
Modded cool tube (not finished, thus failing to see)

Media:
Home Brewed organic soil mix. (Eco shiaat: P) Built ala hempy bucket principle.
(Champost, Sphagnum, leca, coco, volcanic stone, dolomite, basaltmel, blood meal, bone meal, mineral magic & knotted)
Foliarfeeder with seaweed extract
Powerzymes and Biobact (Organic fertilizer and beneficial bacteria) are added as needed.

The future:
Tjoo, my first criterion in my closet was that it was away from people's eyes. Now is it so hidden, that people who are not worthy of it, cant see it when they visit me. Next point is called organic hydro, specifically a ebb'n flow system with biofilter. The whole system is down on paper, so now there just assemble parts and built. Expect also a 250W hps when I reach over 1 gpw at the current setup.

Well it was probably written, let me show you what I mean.
We start with the conversion:
The entire cabinet is hidden under my elevated bed..

Inside, when remodeling was almost complete.

Control (Channel Fan, inverter, filter and smoke detector hidden behind)

Behind the control panel

So to that which is fun: D

Soil mixture is made first.

The small blåoste look forward.

Here they come out of the ground, and placed under HPS (Should get me bettersome growlight for veg)

.... Later.

... ... .... Later yet. LST'en begins.

More LST.

The light is converted now to vertical.

The plants are now getting to the tube shape I was aiming for, and thereby receive 100% of the light. Flowering should be right around the corner, so I look forward to it. Have installed a shader, that I can turn down when the plants are cared for. (Sunglasses did not do the trick for me) Looking forward to getting ordered my cool tube as individual leafs has strayed into the bulb. As long as its is not growth points, so I take it not so heavy.

Then came the UVB bulbs home:) Have not refined the setting , but now the lights are on at least.

Can finally see some preflowers, does not really believe they were ready for 12/12 when I put it to, but now the flowering should soon happen: P

Mini cabinet
Mini cabinet has also received an upgrade. There have been thrown 2x15W CFL more in, so flowering will be even stronger. In addition, we have gone from 2 to 4 plants, as I think space and light, thus being utilized 100%.
The variety is vanilla Kush, and the media is like mine. It topped one time, otherwise it is on bondage. Also after hempypot principle.

DIY carbon filter. (What others wastes can not be used!)

Sorry for the poor translation, I hope it makes sense :D I'm a laziass, I know :/ Marry X mas - will be updating soon

Then it's time to show an update: D
Had unfortunately a game thrips on the two running grow, but luckily a friend was ready with some spinosad (Thanks many times)
Otherwise, the pictures speak for themself:)

My own
It is good progress, must have my cool tube modified soon, so I can slap the plants completely up against the light.! :)

Mini cabinet

Muuums how it smells good.!

Used just a few hangovers hours here on the page, so it was just inspired to shoot a few pictures.

As you can see I clearly have 1 indica pheno, 1 hybrid and two slimmer sativa phenos. Do not know, what I will keep yet:)
Do it once Indica as this grows quickly, and the next trip just to be gotten for seeds, etc. Still building on my hydro: P

Enjoy.!

Time for some more pictures: D

Starts out with my newly biofilter, so far so good. Missing only my rez now, I'm ready for expansion right after the harvest ..

Then there are some goodies from the Mini closet. It smells not so wild, but now looks good. Many small compact shots. Apologize for the quality of the pictures, my mobile camera is not impressive.

And now for an up to date update:)

First of all, my new veg/mother/clone room.
Homebuild mini hydro with build-in biofilter.
Using iguana juice for the feed. Just started incubating my microorganisms.
Now I'll have the time to really rebuild'n upgrade my flower room.
Looking forward to see it in action. Just germinated 2 x pre98 bubba kush :D

And now to the flowers :p

I call this my bush of bud :D

Mr Squizy

Looks very interesting ! Remember to let the sativas go longer than your indica dom pheno.... You aint got burned plants when they are so close to the bulp ?
Those Pre 98 Bubba.... Finally we can try it out... Will they be grown in your new bio-hydro ?
Merry Xmas !

I know:) I'm using a microscope to see when they are done, going for 5-10% amber for a refreshing high.

There is almost no burn, as my fan is allout crazy (As mentioned earlier, it will take your finger tips at full speed.) I have been carefull to make sure the buds didn't cluster up against the cooltube, so the airflow gets hampered. But it was a mistake to LST'em in vertical, but I'm still learning....

Yeah, Bubba Kush will go in the new organic hydro :D

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks for the translation. You do very nice work. In the US we sometimes call your grow style a "doughnut".:) I've been thinking of upgrading from a 150 and had considered a horizontal mount. After seeing your setup I might have to think again.

If you have enough floor space, you can wrap a wire mesh tube around the glass tube to keep the plants from getting too close. If you make the wire tube ~28 to 30 cm diameter, you'll have the area to spread the tops one-layer around the light. This might allow the light to better-penetrate the whole canopy. Keep it green.:D

Thanks for the translation. You do very nice work. In the US we sometimes call your grow style a "doughnut".:) I've been thinking of upgrading from a 150 and had considered a horizontal mount. After seeing your setup I might have to think again.

If you have enough floor space, you can wrap a wire mesh tube around the glass tube to keep the plants from getting too close. If you make the wire tube ~28 to 30 cm diameter, you'll have the area to spread the tops one-layer around the light. This might allow the light to better-penetrate the whole canopy. Keep it green.:D

Doughnut, funny.! :D Never thought of it that way.

I think you would be satisfied going vertical.! And thanks mate.

Nice advice! But I dont really like using wire mesh, but you're right, the canopy could use some adjustment. But I've already thought of a good way, so hopefully next grow will be even better.

Thanks mates :D That's nice to hear.

Next time will be even better, allways trying to improve ain't we? xD
I just cut some clone from my mother, hopefully they'll like my mini hydro.

Mr Squizy

goddamn beautiful my friend...
I am really curious about your yield with those small watts, i know i will be surprised :-D
Can't wait for some dry shots, and some tasters :tiphat:

Well isn't it time for an update :D I do think so.

First of all, the harvest is done! Yield could've been better though, but I had to pull em early, due to some electrical failures. My timer kept fucking up, so I had to manually start them every morning, which messed up the later flowering a bit. The smell is just perfect, and the effect high, so I'm quite satisfied.
I have learnt alot about vertical, organics and hydro doing this grow, so the next should be impressive.! If just my ballast will behave :/

Can wait to go hydro now :D

Orv, and this is my mini room. I'm doing some organic hydro tests using a microdripsystem, with a build in biofilter. So far it looks promising, all through I killed 2 clones. Ran out of jiffy's, and apperently rockwool isn't my style. Good thing my mothers are looking good then :D

Happy growing people :D

Aaaaaaand, WE GOT TAKEOFF.!

My system is finally up and running. And I'm really excited, hopefully it'll preform as intended.

This time I'm going for organic hydro, using a biofilter and a mix of lavarocks'n coco as the micromedia.

Starting out with a vertical 105W CLF for veg. Later I'll add a 150w HPS and 2x13W's of UVB.

The strain is pre98 Bubba Kush.

17ahd4.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts