What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Micro scrog, small tent

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Right guys finally got my shit together and am getting a grow underway.
1st off the tent size is 0.8 x 0.45 x 0.8, it came in a package deal with, a 250w HPS bulb and reflector, a 50 litre bag of sri lanka coco, and growth and bloom nutrients some brand named cyco :S.
I figure i might as well use the coco and nutes it came with instead of going to waste.

Now will be only doing 1 plant at a time in this tent for the start, and eventually going more.
Placed a seed in a moist paper towel have it away in a dark place,
Seed is Fem White Widow, by seedsman.
Hoping this seed pops overnight and can get into it.Is it allright to place the seed once its poped into RW cubes, or into a cup of soil to start with.

Ill upload a few pics in a short while.

Any questions or tips, feel free to chip in, always eager to learn more being my 1st indoor grow.

Peace n Pot
Afro.

AfroSheep

Right pics are finally uploaded here we go.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gonna be filling pot and getting coco flushed and ready tomorrow.
picture.php

have 2 Centrifugal fans 1 intake 1 outtake, have them ducted from tent, under the bed and into a home made silencer( cardboard box) works better than i thought. Have 2 holes each side of the box to get the air in and out.
picture.php

So thats all ive got for now, hope you like if not no worries, its what ive got to work with for the mean time, any tips and would really appreciate it :D.

Ill post up 2mro and let ya no how the poppin of the seed comes along :D

Peace n Pot
Afro.

AfroSheep

its a grow lush tent, australian brand, i was so happy to open it and find it had the scrog wire and all holes in poles ready :D :woohoo:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks nice, couple of things i would mention if you dont mind

1. why did you hang the lamp that way round? i would have thought that the other way would be better...
2.is there a reflector/hood ?

AfroSheep

yeh there is a reflector will be puttin it on tomorrow, its not exactly hung just proped up above bars atm while we were moving shit round.

Which way did u maen to hang in? coming frontways or just turning it

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unless it says otherwise i would hang it so the bulb is facing forward with the screw at the back.

AfroSheep

Welcome shroomy good to see ya along :wave: ,
Allright verdant ill see what i can do tomorrow when i get bak into it, cheers.

AfroSheep

Checked the seed this morning, its been in paper towel now for 11-12 hours still no poppage yet. hopefully by tomorrow.

AfroSheep

nah no cooltube yet would like to get one in future, i also needa get a temp and humdity gauge, hoping the to centrifugals will keep it all cool enough for the mean time.

juicemaing

nice tent dude, youll get the ventilation figured out, just takes spending quality time with your tent to figure out what you wanna do. I didnt get fans into my cab for a week or so, and the ideas just started hitting me. good luck, im subscribed.
-juicemaing

AfroSheep

still not popped yet, if it doesn't pop by 2mro morning, is there a better to try it out?
Can i just plop it straight into the RW cubes, or does it have to pop its shell 1st.

Cheers.

AfroSheep

right checked this morning been 1 and a half days give or take,
still no poppage hmmmm. is there a better way than the wet paper towel?
how about leavin it in cup of water? is there any other good ways.

Cheers guys, hope this seed pops

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
you can do it 1 of 3 ways

Directly to medium
In paper towel
In a cup of water

either way make sure it is in a warm spot for at least a few days b4 deciding the seed is bunk... I have had some seeds take a week to bust open

AfroSheep

sweet all good, still have it in paper towel, im sure itll pop soon :D, waiting and hoping otherwise will have to move onto nxt seed.