What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazydreams Closet AKA BB 3.0

Those buds look amazing! Looks like you will get quite the yield. All of you microgrowers always surprise me with the amount and quality of your micro buds here on ICMag, I only hope that by following in your guys' footsteps/advice I too can achieve similar results.

hazydreams

glykogen, Nikon coolpix 12 mega pixel.

Nice to see you asbestos toast, looks like your grows hammering along nicely. and bonavendura thanks for stopping by man! your hempy thread is blowing my mind.

updates to follow soon!

hazydreams

Day 67

Day 67

Day 67, things are going purple.

other wise they look like they are packing on some weight. 4 zips looks fleeting but they do have a week left hopefully they will grow more.

Im taking tally on wet weight!! give me your number good bad or overly optimistic ......

on to the pictures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Hazy,
I'm impressed. The screen is full and the buds look great. Thats a tight space for such a big light. Kudos.
I'll venture a guess of 350 wet and 90 cured.
Cheers

hazydreams

Wet and dry weight Guestimation!

Wet and dry weight Guestimation!

The OP has this at 500g wet, 70 dry

The contenders:
Green.is.good has it at 300g wet, 85 dry
Sgt.Stedenko has it at 350g wet, 90 dry

still taking guesses, got one week till chop. wet weight will be announced asap followed by dry in a week or so's time.

hazydreams

Day 71 Tric Shot and some additions to the mix

Day 71 Tric Shot and some additions to the mix

Just received my new TDS pen and PH meter. no more drops. accuracy to the tenth.

the HM meter on the left is 7+ years old and just gave up the ghost. replaced by bigger better younger brother the HM TDS3.

picture.php

And now my attempt at taking a shot thru the microscope to show the trics. they are getting there. some are amber the majority are clear and cloudy. I'm looking for 25% clear 50% cloudy 25% amber, so any day now. this stuff hits like a tank if you let it go too long, i want a nice heady high followed by the couch lock after 20-30 mins...

picture.php

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Hey Hazy.
Nice closeup and additions to the fleet.
Make sure you store that pH bulb wet in either ess or 7.0 buffer solution.

hazydreams

sarge:

the orange item in the cap of the PH pen is a cellulose sponge that is soaked in ESS. im trying to keep the thing working as long as possible. 8-12 months for a lifespan is a given anything after that is a gift from the dank gods... Chop chop time soon. when i get home today ill take another leaf and check trics again. im sure we are almost there.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Glad to hear about the sponge.
My Oakton pH electrode is 4 years old and stll reading just what the buffers say it should.
It's a little more heavy duty than most since it's a double junction electrode, but I like to think proper maintenance is the reason.

picture.php

Looking forward to the trich report.

hazydreams

HARVEST DAY IS HERE!!!

HARVEST DAY IS HERE!!!

after checking the trics again (pic attached) i took em down tonight. a lot less popcorn this time around. I'm still baffled as to why it doesn't look like the stuff i grow on a larger scale. but a HPS should help things i suspect.

Wet weight of what is pictured is 440.6g. Making me the winner on wet weight guessing. Now i hope I'm wrong for dry weight!!!

this cab will run again and i will document the double gum grow, but until i get my new HPS this cab is idle.

wet weights should be posted in a week with scale shots for proofing.

To all who posted thank you and i wish you all well!

until dry these are the final pics ~fin~

picture.php

picture.php

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Holy shit dude.
You scored. I way underestimated the harvest. It looks great.
Congrats on the pull.
Keep us updated on the dry wt.
Cmon QP

hazydreams

Sarge-
I might miss the QP this time. i dont consider this a failure. at the minimum i think i isolated a problem with the MH light in my system. but i will try again with the 400 hps and the double gum. im considering running the double gum side by side with the haze as a barometer of how well it yeilds and how nice it plays with the haze nutrient profile. if i play my cards right ill have the co2 injection system as well within the next 3 months. But for now im just interested in the overall density.
i keep track of the percentage of wet weight that turns into dry weight, last time with a single poorly trained plant was approximatley 16% of the wet weight. from the looks of things the haze will post somewhat larger numbers then that. just how much is left to be determined.
my dry numbers will be final manicured product as well. all that stem willbe removed before weigh in, and to keep this nice and easy.. no sampling until its dry.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
CO2 is tempting me as well mostly because I have a 5 lb bottle and regulator for a jockey box that's sitting in the garage.

I would have to get my exhauster on a timer and find some way to monitor the ppms, but it sounds and looks like fun.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sarge-
I might miss the QP this time. i dont consider this a failure. at the minimum i think i isolated a problem with the MH light in my system. but i will try again with the 400 hps and the double gum. im considering running the double gum side by side with the haze as a barometer of how well it yeilds and how nice it plays with the haze nutrient profile. if i play my cards right ill have the co2 injection system as well within the next 3 months. But for now im just interested in the overall density.
i keep track of the percentage of wet weight that turns into dry weight, last time with a single poorly trained plant was approximatley 16% of the wet weight. from the looks of things the haze will post somewhat larger numbers then that. just how much is left to be determined.
my dry numbers will be final manicured product as well. all that stem willbe removed before weigh in, and to keep this nice and easy.. no sampling until its dry.

I think the reason your numbers (16%) are so low is your method of weighing.

I was thinking that your picture did not look like 400+g UNLESS you included all those stems.

Why would you include stems in a wet weight and then remove them when weighing dry?

Measuring wet, letting it dry, then throwing away part of what you measured, then measuring it again, will NOT give you an accurate wet to dry ratio.

You should remove the stems before weighing wet, so you are weighing the same amount of plant material when dry. This will give you an accurate ratio of what your bud is drying too.

hazydreams

blynx,

while i will agree with you that, the raw numbers would be much better served with a total manicure at harvest, due to how i dry (by hanging it vertically) i need a way to keep the nugget suspended in the dry box. i guess at some point i should make a screen system so i can manicure it down completely and lay it in one even layer inside my box, ill put it on the list of things to do. you would be suprised how little the stem accounts for the total mass of the nugget. ill weight the stems after dry just to show disparity. probably less then 2% of the total dry weight. anyway i've always done it this way making my numbers overall consistent from crop to crop. so accuracy is really in the method.

what i call my density number (16%) is really only useful to me in my case with my systems. ive been checking others numbers as a yardstick and they range from 11% to better then 30% in some cases. it really depends on how well you dry it, when the crop is weighed and overall in alot of cases, how honest the grower is being. in all my years growing and pulling ~2 pounds per 1000w light i have NEVER seen more then 22%. I havent played with co2 either so that may be what im missing to get the high percentage numbers.

Really i just use the numbers to compare crop to crop. Let the numbers tell me if overall i did a better job growing them out.

hope this helps, scale shots and final product shots to come. i checked this morning it was still very wet...

Edit: for the record your numbers out of the latest square foot grow show pretty much exactly what i see on a large scale. your number son the chesaw was roughly 24% fully manicured.... i figure that if i manicured my stuff in the large scale set up similar to what you do it would be 22% +2% for the stem i dont remove.... so your an my numbers are in line. the 2 square foot cab i have needs that HPS i got comming desperatly.

hazydreams

Dry weights are in!

Dry weights are in!

picture.php

making green.is.good the winner of the dry weight guestamation.

over all not a bad pull. 18% density by my (contested method) numbers, slightly better then last time. the product is NICE! density reminds me more of the outdoors ive grown which still has me baffled. the only thing i can hope is that the HPS takes this set up to far away places that the MH could never dream of.

to close this out for the next two weeks or so before i fire up the double gum, here are the final shots. and my mound o nug which i should have taken a side shot of... thanks to all who watched.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

in the words of Douglas MacArthur....I SHALL RETURN!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
You did awesome!!! 4 grams shy of 3 o's is not bad at all in my books:dance013:
great job so now its time to enjoy the fruit of your labour:)
See ya when you get back!!
Take care