What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Johhny's first PC grow

johnnybsmokin

Welcome all to my first pc cab grow. I am not new to growing but this is the first time at a micro grow and first under cfl's for the whole grow.

First off, the cab's, yes 2. One for mum/clone and the other for flowering.
The mum/clone cab. (will be 24 hour light)

And the flower cab. (will be 12/12 light)

And the first plant to sprout. This is a Mandala Safari Mix and as quoted on there site "At the moment these are mainly hybrids related to White Satin and Kalichakra " so it will be interesting to see what develops.

It is about 15 days old from sprouting. Have topped it once in order to achieve 2 shoots for cloning and then the idea is to put the plant into flower and sex it ( hopfully a female ).
I am looking at doing a perpetual grow with 1 or 2 clones in every 4-5 weeks, it all depends on how long the strain takes to mature.

Ok now some facts.
* organic soil mix ( my own blend )
*watering every second day at the moment via full immersion on 1/2 strength nutes
* Using "Seasol power feeds" as nutes
* Flower cab has 2x28 watt cfls, will start with 1 warm and 1 cool white and then change to 2 warms after stretch period
* Mum cab has currently 3 lights, 2x18 watt and 1x8 watt.

Both cabs run at about 2-3 deg celcius above ambient temps so now that our Australian summer is over max temps are about mid to high 20's.

As of today I have a second "safari" mix seed sprout so it looks to be full steam ahead. I will keep pics etc updated every couple of days (if possible) and look forward to any comments, be they good or bad

Cheers Johnny:gday:

grow1620

looking good. maybe this will eventually convince me to pop one of my many packs of safari mix hehe.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
I am subscribed, ready and watching!!! Right on bro!!
really good job in the stealth department too..puts mine to shame..
take care

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Looks like a very good set up. I like the new case. Good luck friend, I got my chair pulled up and I'm ready to see what happens.:tiphat: Here's a pic for ya

lookin great! much rep! your plant is very good lookin i might add ;)

im thinking of topping my plant in the same way at the same time as urs, she is just about there, but i dunno if i should try to take my cut and use it as a clone, but i dont have cloning jel. hmm.

anyways, check out my thread sometime man, links in my sig!

christoph.

johnnybsmokin

Ok time for todays update.
Hey Chris, thanks for dropping buy, take a cut and try man, I have to get some clonning gel my self and I meen soon.
Ghosty, nice pic man, where did you find it???

Todays pics.

Coming along nicely I think, what do you think? As you can see it is in its bath of nutes enjoying a swim and judging by the size of the shoots now it will be getting a chop in the next day or 2.

Please keep the comments comming and cheers to all:gday:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey bro I'm no PC grower, but I like watching them happen, especially when another aussie is running the show. I'll be hanging around to see how it all pans out for ya.

Peace

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Ok time for todays update.
Hey Chris, thanks for dropping buy, take a cut and try man, I have to get some clonning gel my self and I meen soon.
Ghosty, nice pic man, where did you find it???

Todays pics.

Coming along nicely I think, what do you think? As you can see it is in its bath of nutes enjoying a swim and judging by the size of the shoots now it will be getting a chop in the next day or 2.

Please keep the comments comming and cheers to all:gday:
The plants are looking good johnny. I found the pic of Yoda in a bunch of other pictures when I googled marijuana pictures.

johnnybsmokin

Update

Update

Time for another update.
First off welcome b00m hope I don't dissappoint and thanks ghost.

Ok today I took 2 cuttings from my "baby" for a future mum (thats if it is female...lol) and put the seedling into flower cab for 12/12. A few pics for you.

No1 & 2 before cut:

No3 & 4 after cut:

And 5 in the flower cab:

Now we wait to see if it is a girl, finger's crossed every one...lol

The 2 cuttings are in perlite and water and if both work I will keep the best 1 for a mum and the other will go into flower in a few weeks all going well.

The growth of plant is really picking up with the growth visible almost daily. Age of plant today is 18 days from sprouting.

Hope you all enjoy and cheers :gday:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Not if bro, it WILL be a girl!!!!!
great job...I am going to use my pc case as a mom box after I build a bigger one this spring/summer...
look forward to seeing your case/s full!!!
take care

johnnybsmokin

Hey BC, yse a 'girl" it will be..lol What size are we looking at for your new "build" ? a bigger server type box or some thing else alltogether??

Cheers

johnnybsmokin

Hey Ghost, thanks for the encouragement.

Ok now the other seedling that sprouted did so "upside down" and failed of coarse. By the time I realized it was to late to up right it, looks wierd the root end comming up and have the little leaves still in the soil, never mind. I planted another couple seed yesterday so keep the fingures crossed for this time.
They are from a pack of "Nirvana indoor mix" 2 of each of the following so it will be pot luck.
inc. varieties as follows, Master Kush, Afghan, Pure Power Plant and Skunk #1 and Nirvana Special
A real lucky dip, can't wait.

Cheers

johnnybsmokin

Today's update

Today's update

Morning all, not a lot to report today, my baby is doing well in it's new home under 12/12, the cuttings taken seem to be fine, are fully upright and standing proud.
1 of the new seed's planted has popped, yay, the other no sign as yet. Any way peace too all and cheers:gday:

Latest posts

Latest posts