Aeroponic PC case scrog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeroponic PC case scrog

I have always wanted to try a PC case grow, This great forum inspired me to get off my butt and actually try it. There is a lot of knowledge here and I am open to suggestions regarding my setup.

The all aluminum case is 24X24X8.5 for a total of 1.4 sq feet. The aero unit has a 2.5 gallon plexi res and is aerated by a whisper 700 air pump. A Beckett 200gph pump feeds 12 jet sprayers in between the 2" net pots.
    The lighting will be 3X 55w PL-L T5 biax tubes 2 3000k and 1 6400k for a total of 160 watts putting out over 14000 full spectrum lumens. The tubes will be sealed from the bloom area by plexi and silicon kinda like a flat cool tube. Two 60cfm blower fans on a speed control will pull air from the bloom area and force it through the lights and out the back. The intake will be passive and a single 120mm fan will keep the leaves dancing.

Here is a picture of the mock up before the plumbing

Here it is all plumbed with some clones rooting under a temporary 36w T5 fixture

Here is a pic of the sprayer and drain back to the very bubbly sump

I made an aluminum panel for the back of the case to cover the slots and will install it after it's painted. I also have the scrog screen, fans, and lights to install and will follow up with pics soon (hopefully by the time those clones are ready to veg). Pull up a chair if this concept interests you, I plan to post through the whole grow.
    Link to my Aeroponic PC grow

1K Vertical DWC grow

1k Vertical Doughnut round two

DGS Magenta99

looks good man,i think your inspiring me to get off my butt and making one, one thing though why doesnt anybody that do these little micro grows use a computer power supply to power just fans every lead is a 12v source and i bet i could find 12v pumps that could be powered from it too that way you can only have one plug to plug in?
    Remember what I told you? NO pills, NO powder And If It grows from the ground, it's probably okay.
    sigpic

Boom Boom Room of Doom!---Aborted

2K 4 bucket RDWC LVPK & Others---FINISHED

Green_Thumbs Terrarium Project---FINISHED

Current Grow---FINISHED

Comment

nice
      Roll it up, Light it up, ..., I forgot where was I

Comment

That's not a bad idea Green thumb, I just don't have room for a power supply in this one. This is more of a semi stealth build, I am not going to make it look like a PC because it will be sitting between 2 real pc's in a room company doesn't frequent. There are probably several 12v pumps for motor home applications that would work.

Thanks Weedster

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

awesome thats the pc case i use!

Comment

Yes, the Rocketfish? Huge case indeed. Do you use it for MJ or is it actually a PC?

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

How's this for a lucky score on a screen? Yay Target!!!

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

fuckin A Aerohead score indeed.
                Remember what I told you? NO pills, NO powder And If It grows from the ground, it's probably okay.
                sigpic

Boom Boom Room of Doom!---Aborted

2K 4 bucket RDWC LVPK & Others---FINISHED

Green_Thumbs Terrarium Project---FINISHED

Current Grow---FINISHED

Comment

Clones have rooted so I removed the aero unit and clones to another location so I could install the lighting. Here is a pic of the 2 3000k's light up (not warmed up yet) without the glass.

Here is a pic with the glass on, I need to go get another socket for the third bulb tomorrow, I will also get some rubber trim for the rough edges on the exhaust duct, and install the blower fans.

I did run the case for 1 hour with the 2 lights on, only a single 120mm fan, and I was very suprised that it only rose 3 degrees above ambient temps. I may be able to run without the glass with the dual 60cfm blowers we will see...

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

Man I don't usually hang around the micro forum, but I'm along for this one for sure.

Brings me back to my computer modding days. Beautiful.
                    All I ever wanted to be in life was a Super Saiyan..

Comment

Yes, the computer modding days, I was overclocking celerons back when everything was DIY including jumper wires on the CPU's. Remember pencil lead on Athlons? I also ran PVC sealed with silicon water coolers directly on the die on dual PIII 750's @ 1.01GHZ... Those were the days, now off the shelf is so far ahead of software, overclocking isn't as advantageous. I did recently overclock my Sager laptop with good results...

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

How did you wire those 55w 3000k's? Did you use a Fulham or another type of ballast?

Comment

I already had a workhorse 2 (only runs 1 bulb) left over from a fish tank light so I bought a fixture from HTG and gutted it. It worked out cheaper this way because I needed a reflector and nobody had a reasonable price on single stand alone reflectors. Was only $100 for ballast, 4 bulbs, and a reflector. If I was starting from scratch and wanted to run more than 2 tubes, I would get the Fulham workhorse 8.

1K Vertical DWC grow

DGS Magenta99

Comment

Aeroponics and PL-L's in a PC case? I'm starting to feel behind times now!

Wonderful proof of concept though, I'll be very interested in seeing how this grow turns out. I'll be watching every step of the way
                            PC Case Growers Club

The Nanomachine

Mr. Micro's Dual PC Case Hydro HPS/CFL 3 Strain Grow

Comment

wow wicked lil grow man, good luck with it.
                              makes me wanna try one jus for the fun of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X