What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aeroponic PC case scrog

manphredd

Hey, where can you get your hands on those 4 pin PLL-sockets in Sweden/Scandinavia? I know of one place that sells PLL-sockets, and they only have 2 pin sockets there.

PeaCE!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
For what it's worth, I've heard of people using those 4 pin molex connectors with little to no modifying, when the straight pin connectors are unavailable. It's like they were made to fit those bulbs, it's uncanny.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, it's these things you have in your computer:

DF2821B55BDB4E7A3D6868ABDB434CF49A71032D_large.jpg

fatigues

Veteran
(Rise, Rise! RISE my unthread minions!)

Short strokes: I saw a Rocketfish Lian-li used case for sale today. I am inspired to see if I can kick Aerohead's ass in the harvest department.

Or come in with just a zip? That would be just as good :)

Dr 4 four

fatigues

Veteran
I know this is in response to an old post, but for those still interested in an answer. You can see if 1000bulbs.com ships to your country.

2G11 4-pin sockets can be found:

http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/4-pin-2g11-compact-fluorescent-sockets/

Hope this helps.

Moreover, the connection near the terminal routinely heats up to about 180-190F. I wouldn't trust the plastic used on a Molex 8981 under that level of heat stress. They can and will arc and can start a fire. Very bad idea.

fatigues

Veteran
Short strokes: I saw a Rocketfish Lian-li used case for sale today. I am inspired to see if I can kick Aerohead's ass in the harvest department.

Vendor sold it before I got there. :cry: It got snapped up so fast, I'm pretty sure it was a PC case grower who snagged it!

Wav3F0rm

i'd set those pl-l's vertical and then just make budsicles, no training at all. link in my sig to how i used to do it. (yes, i know his last post was a few years ago)

whateva

This is the most inspiring thread I have stumbled upon since I visited a website called "overgrow.com" as a teenager...

:thanks:

SweetDee

Be very careful with the cheapest of sockets from 1000bulbs .they tend to have tabs inside the bulbs contacts that are not fully in contact with the bulbs and need to be bent out to work . The wire contacts will crap out also if used more then once and will also have to be built .talk about arcing . IT will pop and smoke and /or the bulbs just won't even come on . I replaced all the wiring before I started tracking down the other problems . IT sucked .

aeros

Didn't mean to post that there sorry quick reply didn't work the way I thought it would. Newb me.
Amazing grow tho! Truly enjoyed reading, inspirational haha seriously you have a talent

optimizer

killer grow Aerohead. it's giving me a serious itch to make my first try a pc grow. i noticed a few pages back that the center bulb was being overdriven. can we get a wiring diagram on how to do this with the PL-L's?

Latest posts

Latest posts