What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aeroponic PC case scrog

matero23

hey man.. ive read ur thread no joke probably like 3 times in total. i just love this case.. im also starting a pc grow and i want to learn more on ur ventilation and ur passive intakes within the pc case, cause i havent found anything on passive intakes in a pc case. i want to make a heat shield as well as yours but with 4 CFLs so it will be a bit more wider vertically. ANYTHING you could give me will be beneficial. thanks man!!! cant wait to see the harvest, i feel like these are my girls too haha

stay up!!
-matero

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks Matero23, I put a large 4" X 7" passive intake in the lower front under the 120mm fans so I could have them blow in the case on the canopy and under the screen. This way I didn't loose any space to a fan for the girls. Intake fans aren't a real good idea on micro grows because they can stop your scrubber from working and stink up the place. I get away with it because I'm not using a scrubber and I have a very powerful exhaust fan (80cfm blower) which easily overpowers the 20 cfm 120mm's Don't know if this helps??

S

Seismic

I just read the whole thread, and I gotta say, much props for what your pulling off in the pc. Such a clean setup:joint: You'll be enjoying the well earned fruits of your labor in no time.

Crafty

Awesome grow! I read through the whole thing and it gave me some great tips! I am in the process of setting up a pc grow as well. Ill be watching the progress here and probably asking some questions, i've never grown before, inside or out. Once again, great job so far and Thanks!

S

Sir_Nugget

this grow is awsome! I'd wait another few weeks for those nugs to fill in... surprisingly fat for flurous

matero23

Thanks Matero23, I put a large 4" X 7" passive intake in the lower front under the 120mm fans so I could have them blow in the case on the canopy and under the screen. This way I didn't loose any space to a fan for the girls. Intake fans aren't a real good idea on micro grows because they can stop your scrubber from working and stink up the place. I get away with it because I'm not using a scrubber and I have a very powerful exhaust fan (80cfm blower) which easily overpowers the 20 cfm 120mm's Don't know if this helps??

well in this picture i see two fans with the red circles, are the passive intakes either the green or the blue circles? and where do u have the 80cfm blower mounted? sorry if i didnt catch it

flexo

Aerohead..... very clean setup you got there, reminds me of mine a few years back. mine was nowhere as clean though, great job man!

can we get a pic of the case itself so i can get an idea of how big it really is? with the cover on and off maybe?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Seismic, thanks for stopping by with the kind words!

Crafty, thanks pull up a chair, let me know if you need help with anything, I'll try....

Sir Nugget, thanks for checkin in. yes, I believe they have a few weeks left, I am trying to predict the flush right now.....

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
matero23, That pic is an old one when I was mocking up the aero unit and no attention was put on the fans at that moment.

Looking at the picture: The lower left fan circled in red was removed and the area opened for a passive intake and covered in black low density foam. Above that (still on the left side of the picture) 2 X 120mm fans were mounted over the intake.

The right side of the picture: The fan circled in red was also removed. I made a entire new panel for the case out of aluminum creating a solid wall. I then drilled the 3" hole for the 80mm blower fan. So, the right wall in that pic now only has a 3" hole with an exhaust fan.. This is all made more confusing as I also swapped access doors so 1/2 way through the thread the fans switch sides because the pictures are taken from the other side panel. LOL.... sorry for the confusion..

C

cork144

the rewards will be much sweeter my friend, hopefully a bountyful harvest,

i would give you rep, but it isnt allowing me to give you anymore at the mo lol. sorry.

also dont get impaitiant with the harvest, dont be tempted to pull too early, usually give strains a week or 2 longer than the breeders say.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Flexo, I'll try to get some more pics of the case up soon.. Until then, there are some pics a few pages ago in this thread of it next to an average size laptop..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
NOOOOOOOOOOO this case is discontinued!

Lol... yes for over a year now.. They liquidated them at Best buy for 59.99

Cork144, It's hard but i plan to be patient and let them go to full maturity. I will have to watch them closely as I am not familiar with this strain.. my guess is 14 days then flush for 14 more, we'll see...

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks bubsnugs, Yes we can be creative :joint:

I think I need to invest in a new camera because I can't get the pics in focus. I can't get the pics to look even half as good as it looks to the eye...:wallbash:

Anyway, here's day 41 pics:

picture.php

picture.php

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
man, i always though PC grows were kind of a novelty...but you've seriously changed my mind... amazing job dude, those pics are awesome! I cant wait for the harvest pics

ArcticBlast

Latest posts

Latest posts