This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official 1 sqft Challenge

This friendly challenege is for members to show how much final weight they can produce while following these rules:

RULES

Lighting:
    CFL:200 watt max
    CFL/HID:150 watt max
    HID:150 watt max
    Spectrum any including UVB lamps

Cab:
    Under 1.5 sqft
    Hight Max is 3 1/2ft
    Must have all sides top and bottom and may not be transparent

Method of Growing:
    Any as long as its one time veg and one time harvest
    Clone or Seed either is fine

Ok guys the games have begun anyone participating please post the following.

Minimum:

Pics of cab
    Cab specs
    Light specs
    Method of growing
    Strain
    Medium

Feel free to post any other details they would be much appreciated. No prizes or start/finish deadlines. Thanks guys and enjoy the show.

Munk
    Last edited by MyAssIsGrass; 07-04-2009, 05:04. Reason: Updated
    Official 1 sqft Challenge

Harvest Report

------------------------------------
    we have dabbler harvesting first with a wet weight of 175 grams
    http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?...ictureid=23750

Comment

Lighting: 115 watts CFL (5 x 23w)

Cab size: 1 sq ft (12"x12")

Method of growing: Clones

Medium: Soil grow, no drain holes, tap water only the whole grow

Number of plants: 9

Strains: 5 x PBSxSDIBL (pbs is purple bagseed), 3 x Sour Creek, 1 x Lady G1

Start date: Feb 4, 2009 (Day 0)

Here's some pics of cab right after I finished building it.

Plants are in the cab!

Weekly compilation

Trimmed (Buds, Sugar Trim, Compost, Stems)

Wet weights

Combined sugar trim from all 9 plants

Dry weights

Last edited by blynx; 04-23-2009, 15:20.
      Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

1 sqft CFL Cab & other CFL micro cabs

Comment

Im in, 14"X14"X21"(W,D,H) with a 70watt hps, square containers, 16 plants, bottom 4 at cab level, outer 12 risen about 3 or 4 inches.

should get me a nice ammount of white widow.

Comment

I'm in.

Cab: 14" x 15"
          Lighting: 198 watts CFL
          Medium: Soilbed

I've been trying to upload pics for three days now but no luck. I guess it's not going to happen till they get this site fixed or something so this is as best as I can do for now. Sorry guys.
          **** your feelings.

I do not grow/manufacture any scheduled substance. Everything posted by this online account is pure fiction and should be regarded as such. All photographs are examples taken from other internet sites.

Comment

Im in!! ..

-16"h x 18"l x 7.5"w
            -Will be growing in hempy (verm/per 50/50)
            -Local bagseed for genetics
            -50w HPS for light
            -GH nutes

Last edited by freakinbud; 01-20-2009, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by freakinbud View Post
              I dont think thats 1.5 sq/ft man. But my math might be off

- I guess people are having trouble with the ONE POINT FIVE FT/SQ part ... geez

Im in!! ..

-16"h x 18"l x 7.5"w
              -Will be growing in hempy (verm/per 50/50)
              -Local bagseed for genetics
              -50w HPS for light
              -GH nutes

Cork buddy i think your fine your at 1.44 sqft. 14in=1.2ft 1.2x1.2=1.44 i do believe and remember freakinbud the calculator is only a click away
              Last edited by organicmunk; 01-20-2009, 05:47.

Comment

Originally posted by organicmunk View Post
                Cork buddy i think your fine your at 1.44 sqft. 14in=1.2ft 1.2x1.2=1.44 i do believe and remember freakinbud the calculator is only a click away
                i knew i was alright, hopefully with the HPS i should pull 7+ grams a cut, so i should be looking at 4 ounces minimum?

i know my white widow and i know when to turn into flowering, so im pretty much diald in appart from ive never had experience with HID before.

Comment

How to calculate square footage of your cab

First: Measure the width (side to side) of the inside of your cab in inches.

Example: Width = 14"

Second: Measure the depth (front to back) of the inside of your cab in inches.

Example: Depth = 14"

Third: Multiply the width (in inches) by the depth (in inches)

Example: 14 x 14 = 169

Fourth: Divide the above answer by 144 to get square footage

Example: 169 / 144 = 1.17361, I round to the nearest hundredth, ie 1.17 sq ft.

So Cork144 at 1.17 sq ft, you are in.
                  Last edited by blynx; 01-20-2009, 08:10.
                  Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

1 sqft CFL Cab & other CFL micro cabs

Comment

Originally posted by organicmunk View Post

LOL .. I told you my math may be off. Sorry, I was SUPER stoned hahaha and I had just done that exact calculation on my box ..again MY BAD Cork ..

LOL ... stoned + math = freakindummy

Comment

its ok freakinbud shit i believe i have done the wrong math to i wasn't thinking those damn decimals

Comment

I just started germing 10 afghani,5 MIS freebies and some seeds from mids in 07. If my mothers don't put out in time I'll have to use these. Still can't upload, anyone know an ETA on the new server?
                        **** your feelings.

I do not grow/manufacture any scheduled substance. Everything posted by this online account is pure fiction and should be regarded as such. All photographs are examples taken from other internet sites.

Comment

So that first pic is the cab on the right covered in mylar and it's 1.5 sq ft I will be using 6 23w CFL's and my medium is Black Gold Coco Blend and I will be running 4 plants lst or scrog not sure yet as I'm still vegging and does it have to be all one strain???
                          THAT DUDE WHO PROVED EM WRONG!!! S/O DR.BUDGREENGENES
                          The Vault: Truck's Genetics - Urkel x Crystal Trident, Dream Cross(Blue Dream x CT)... Bodhi Seeds- Yo Mama... Reservation Labs - Green Crack x SCK, Astili, Mucho Mango... Bobblebeans - Sour Bubble x Grape Skunk, Purps x Grape Skunk... ThunderKid's Collection Cherry Kush S1's, Lemon Larry(Swerves Cut) x Cherry Kush, Blowfish S1(only have 1 of em wish me luck)

Comment

Originally posted by Thundurkel View Post

So that first pic is the cab on the right covered in mylar and it's 1.5 sq ft I will be using 6 23w CFL's and my medium is Black Gold Coco Blend and I will be running 4 plants lst or scrog not sure yet as I'm still vegging and does it have to be all one strain???
                            no doesnt have to be same strain, one time veg and one time harvest.

Comment

Any prize?? just curious, still doing it either way
                              THAT DUDE WHO PROVED EM WRONG!!! S/O DR.BUDGREENGENES
                              The Vault: Truck's Genetics - Urkel x Crystal Trident, Dream Cross(Blue Dream x CT)... Bodhi Seeds- Yo Mama... Reservation Labs - Green Crack x SCK, Astili, Mucho Mango... Bobblebeans - Sour Bubble x Grape Skunk, Purps x Grape Skunk... ThunderKid's Collection Cherry Kush S1's, Lemon Larry(Swerves Cut) x Cherry Kush, Blowfish S1(only have 1 of em wish me luck)

Comment

Working...
                              X