What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Kush Grow Log

Hey all, these are 3 Pine Tar Kush seedlings as little sprouts with their cotelydons. They are in the soil from the previous grow that has been sterilized, flushed, and innoculated.

After vegging for 2 months, 2 regular males and 1 intersexed male have been culled. So now PTK-E and PTK-C are my 2 females that will be pollinated with saved frozen Deep Chunk pollen from 2 males (DC-E and DC-C) on a few lower branches to get some Cripple Creek beans between the four different phenos. It is simply coincidence that the two females from my PTK's match the E and C letters of the two Deep Chunk males, CExEC.

Last edited:
Thanks JWP, they do have fat red stems and PTK B had some color to it when it first emerged with a dark tint. Let me get some pics of the red stems that kind of look like mini shiny candy canes.

B

basement420

I am excited to watch your log here. I am starting some PTK right now and have two under 12/12 to sex them. I will then take a female and make her a mom so I can run her genes when the flowering area is ready again. I hope to see what to expect with these genetics from watching your grow. Good luck.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
I love watching your grow shows Slick. You always do a great job so Ill sit back and watch. :lurk: Itll be interesting to see what come of these as there arent too many grow logs of em. Still have a pack of PTK and a zepplindood cross. :D

M

Mason Jarpacker

i'm interested to see what comes from this one,i've been wanting to get my hands on the ptk for awhile now and hope to soon.good luck

Thanks Trichosaurus, if you have any PTK beans you should definitely grow them all out. Got them on Seedbay as Tom Hill stock a few years ago, and stull have the original pack they came in. What's going on Basement420, it is good to sex them for a few weeks to weed out any early reversing males. Hello Happyherb and JWP, they are only seedlings once and do have reasonably thick stems similar to the Deep Chunk stature.

After vegging for 2 months, 2 regular males and 1 intersexed male have been culled. So now PTK-E and PTK-C are my 2 females that will be pollinated with saved frozen Deep Chunk pollen from 2 males (DC-E and DC-C) on a few lower branches to get some Cripple Creek beans between the four different phenos. It is simply coincidence that the two females from my PTK's match the E and C letters of the two Deep Chunk males, CExEC.

Last edited:
Thanks Trichosaurus, you should definitely grow any PTK beans you still have left. Got them on Seedbay as Tom Hill stock a few years ago, and still have the original pack they came in. What's going on Basement420, it is good to sex them for a few weeks to weed out any early reversing males. Hey there Happyherb and JWP, they are only seedlings once and do have reasonably thick stems similar to the Deep Chunk stature. Here they are in flowering at week 3 with a few E.J. nutrients so far.

Will continue to include updates as they flower out here into the new year.

C

CTSV

Great looking plants man! Ive got some going at week 6, and man they have a lemony freshness about them that is GREAT!

I love the way this plant grows!

Nice LST on C.

I'll be over here in the back smoking a bowl. :rasta:

Thanks CTSV, they do have a soapy freshness about them along with some menthol and pine with lime(lemon+pine) up close from amongst their complex musty skunkiness. Here they are nearing day 50 in flowering already flushed and nearing harvest time.

They are quite similar in stature and somewhat in effects as far as the Deep Chunk which is slightly more potent while this one yields just a bit better than the Deep Chunk so it evens out. A smoke report in just a short bit as I've already been sampling them both and like it as good as Deep Chunk.

B420

When smoked (or should say vaporized) does your have an almost fruity/lime/pine taste? Just harvested some and vaped it this morning. Probably the tastiest I have had in along time. Gonna keep this around for sure.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
good to see your liking the PTK...i havnt grown out the DC myself but can understand where your comming from with the yeild and stone .....yea the yeild was pretty good on my PTK's and the stone not bad at all....cant explain the smell/tast but it did have the skunky smell as you say....waiting for the dryed shots!!

Got some CFL shots here happyherb, with dried shots along the way as she still flowers at day 51. Hey B420, the smells like skunk and pine are not like the tastes I could determine seperately. A good cure should allow it to get a good taste as it does have a fruity smell as well as some zesty pepper.

Next, will get some closer macro shots and add them into here

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
looks good and sounds good man....hmmmm i think i took mine to about 70 daze...could have gone more even?but all that had some said it was the shit!!! so it gives ya a rough time ppl are pickn.....have fun..HH. =]-~

Yeah Happyherb, looking to harvest her at 55 days flowering as I don't want too late of a smoke for an Indica. She could go 60 days no problem, as the recommended flowering time for this 100% Indica is 55-60 days. She is good before sleep as a night cap kush, more of a head stone just like the Deep Chunk.

Unburned it smells like pine lime skunk cleaner, the soapy aspects lending as the cleaner portion, and a bit peppery. Burned it smells like a combination of cooked greasy steak and freshly rubbed pencil eraser rubber; both unburnt in smell. It was this common rubber smell that was found in the 2 male PTK's that were culled earlier. My 2 phenos did not come out with the juicy fruit gum smell, but I do have an Afghani that does. Freshly dried it has a citrus lemon/lime pine skunk amidst a slightly peppery and fainst menthol licorice background, when dried the mint component is definitely detectable along with the soapy pepperness. The Deep Chunk has G-13 potency, but in a head stone way whereas G-13 has more of a body stone with good pain reductions. Enjoy PTK better than Deep Chunk for its mellowness. There are some light carrot smells in PTK-C dried only.

Now that the Pine Tar Kush has cured for a month or so it has increased just a bit in potency, although still slightly less potent than Deep Chunk as it is relatively unworked. It has some good aromas that have come around again after remember smelling them on the rubbed stem of the fresh live plant. This unique scent combination is classic like fine incense aromas that are still yet unburned. The freshly cured PTK-C has this clean, soap, musk, sandalwood, cedar, and pine scent combination. PTK tastes good, while the stone is mostly in the head, and is smooth and anti-anxiety like. This is an outdoor strain and that would likely bump the potency up along with a semi-late harvest as early finishers were not worked in. So the plant continues producing calyxes as opposed to just ripening trichomes, part of the relatively unworked aspect. PTK has some THC for its head stone, but not with munchies like a G-13 style THC body stone.

While taking care of security details, I was able to try the Old Mendo Neeples from Raco and it was/is great, as well as some G-berry. Was not able to get any pics of anything at the time, but all were stellar herb. The Deep Chunk really came out in one Neeples pheno, better than any Deep Chunk I've ever sampled before. Even had to take her early at week 6 unflushed on PBP Bloom, and she came out with this amazing pine-lime taste that lingers on the back of your throat and tongue like as if you'd drank some fine pine citrus wine with frankincensed aromas that delight the senses like nothing else. And that was because it was not flushed, it is better than the flushed Pine Tar Kush. I like your Deep Chunk Raco, it was a stocky DC like they all are, and DC dominant all the way. There must be several different versions out there, including and such as Monkey Balls and Tarantula. Thank you for the opportunity to try your Deep Chunk, will be sampling it over the Summer.

The G-Berry gave me 1 blackberry red type plant with fine incensed aromas and good taste at 40/60 Sat/Ind, 1 50/50 Sat/Ind Thai x G-13 which was medium in potency like a dilution of both, and 1 doublegum-blackberry green with some purple type plant which was a little stronger and Indica than all three. The redbud type is the best, then doublegum blackberry, and finally G-13 x Thai is ok for the daytime and smells good crushed before smoking or in a spliff. Looking for some CBD, may look towards the Ace Mix, GDS Mix for some ADHD if you know what I mean, and a few doublegum for euphoric insurance. Will take a break for the hot Summer.

Last edited: