What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBG's Sandstorm in organic soil

MoneyMike, EatShitake - I was going to give it 5 - 6 weeks of veg b/c I told myself that and charlie garcia even recommended to give a long veg time, but somewhere along the way I got high and forgot :biglaugh: so I threw it in after 4 full weeks of veg. It's been in 12/12 for a good week and a half so there's no going back. :wave:

Nugz-Nice, how about a smoke report? Or at least can you share with me and describe the taste and smell after being burned?

knna - I am aware that most Sandstorm don't purple, thanks for the ratio you've provided. I think I also read that the green pheno is a bit stronger, what do you think?
I know I didn't get a decent shot of the preflowers, but they are there in the pic, you can see them on the upper nodes, the stigmas are peaking behind the petiole.

OldPath

O

olddrifter66

Nice looking plant. I grew it out and it looked great, smelled great, but has absolutely no potency whatsoever and it did not want to burn. I want to say I did something wrong, but I flowered it out several times with the same results. I don't want to condemn the strain, but I had no luck with it.

olddrifter66 - That's cool man, I'm not a big one on potency. Don't get me wrong I love potent buds, but just as much as exotic strains. What do you mean when you say it did not want to burn? Maybe it wasn't properly dried? IME, that's usually why pot doesn't want to burn.

OldPath

O

olddrifter66

If you light a doob, it would go out the second you stop puffing. It is and was dry. I dry my stuff pretty good, but this stuff was strange. Also this pheno has a sagey, spicy, slighty piney bug spray smell to it.

O

olddrifter66

You will brotha,,,it seems that every now and then I get a strain that acts like my wife (beautiful, smells good and sometimes hard to hit no matter how hot I get er ) Only my wife cant be put in a bag and used for oil.....

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
OldPathBluSky nice looking plant ya got there very healthy looking and the color of the leaves, so dark green . nice work

olddrifter66 hahahahahahahahahaha (Only my wife cant be put in a bag and used for oil....).

Update

Here's a few more pics of Sandstorm in early flowering under a 150w HPS:

This phenotype is starting to emit a very nice smell, but it's hard for me to describe right now, I'll have to wait until it matures.

OldPath

G

olddrifter66 said:
If you light a doob, it would go out the second you stop puffing. It is and was dry. I dry my stuff pretty good, but this stuff was strange. Also this pheno has a sagey, spicy, slighty piney bug spray smell to it.
UM thats a easy one for me to figure out ....means your tap water is loaded with calcium......as i had well water that was loaded ..i flushed out my nutes with my tap and NOn of it would burn.only in pipe and the ash was black.....turns out a great organic grower named gopher said im stuck buying a Ro filter or luggin in water....as he figured it out once i told him my problem..................bought a RO water machine..no more nonburnable weed

THIS WAS A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN I MOVED TO A NEW PLACE,NEW WATER

and it ruined all my weeds taste .....i would not judge nothin witha bad run of unflushed Cal toxic nugs

I still joke with friends that the weed could have been used as a replacement for asbestos as it would not stay lit
well i read JLp gave this strain a great review and ill take his word over many........his only grumble was yield.if i was worried about that i would have to throw away all my moms

this one is tagged wish you would have ran all 10...... im up snagging me a few of these Asap.......for a future breeding project :fsu:

Last edited:
Mr SiNiSter - Sorry I didn't pop all ten, I've been running a nice selection of different varieties in a tight space. Still, if you treat it well everything is always rewarding. :D Thanks for stopping by and for the great info, it is very much appreciated.

OldPath

Last edited:
E

EatShitake

Hey OPBS-

She's shaping up nicely. Good lookin' girl. Interested to hear how her scent develops down the road.

:joint:

O

olddrifter66

Mr SiNiSteR said:
UM thats a easy one for me to figure out ....means your tap water is loaded with calcium......as i had well water that was loaded ..i flushed out my nutes with my tap and NOn of it would burn.only in pipe and the ash was black.....turns out a great organic grower named gopher said im stuck buying a Ro filter or luggin in water....as he figured it out once i told him my problem..................bought a RO water machine..no more nonburnable weed

THIS WAS A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN I MOVED TO A NEW PLACE,NEW WATER

and it ruined all my weeds taste .....i would not judge nothin witha bad run of unflushed Cal toxic nugs

I still joke with friends that the weed could have been used as a replacement for asbestos as it would not stay lit
well i read JLp gave this strain a great review and ill take his word over many........his only grumble was yield.if i was worried about that i would have to throw away all my moms

this one is tagged wish you would have ran all 10...... im up snagging me a few of these Asap.......for a future breeding project :fsu:

I didn't think of that..you may be on to something.....cause you nailed it right on the nose..."NOn of it would burn.only in pipe and the ash was black.....[/B"

I agree, I won't completely ditch it even though I had a few bad runs...just a little aggravating. I wonder if this stuff would make good oil?

lasko

nice plant

nice plant

OldPathy nice looking plant, respect bro
Looks like i have to try some spanish seed banks :D
Soon you will have some new strains to try :D

Keep them coming and keep safe

:rasta:

Shlomo

Picture perfect plant - it looks ideal, like too good. Hopefully updates are forthcoming and nothing bad has happened.

Latest posts

Latest posts