Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldPath's Grow Journal: Original Haze, Satori, and others

Hello everyone

I opened this thread for some strains I'm growing: Original Haze, Satori, Cream Caramel, Sweet Tai, and Psicodelicia.

All my plants will veg in a chamber with 80watts of CFLs on 16/8, then my indica dominate strains go into a 150w hps (w/ supplemented LEDs) chamber that is on 12/12 and is around 5ft tall, giving the plants 3-4ft to grow. My sativa strains go into my 250w HPS Flower Chamber on 12/12 that is around 5'10", and, depending on the strain, I usually grow my sativas from clones. If I grow a sativa from seed I usually top them, then weight train them so the lower branches will stretch to the light, resulting in a nice canopy of green.

Original Haze Seedling:

Satori Seedling:

Here's to making use of male leaves

OldPath
    Last edited by OldPathBluSky; 06-11-2008, 07:46.

CBG's Sandstorm in organic soil

Himalaya Gold in DWC

ACE Bangi Haze in DWC/Bubbler

"What came through the closed door was the realization - not the knowledge, for this wasn't verbal or abstract - but the direct, total awareness, from the inside, so to say, as Love as the primary and fundamental fact. These words, of course, have a kind of indecency and must necessarily ring false, seem like twaddle. But the fact remains... I was this fact; or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that this fact occupied the place where I had been"
    -Aldous Huxley

"I believe that love is a better teacher than a sense of duty, at least for me." - Albert Einstein

^^ did it smoke good? i mean the "leaf wrap" seems like a good idea if it sticks and smokes

Comment

BigWillyDee srry it's been so long lol, but yes it does work, what you have to do is get a stick wrap the leaves and the bud around the stick, use your saliva to get it looking like a blunt. And be sure you use a thin stick or else when you take it out it'll all be loose. Then what you do is put it out in the sun for a day, then if it is dry enough take the stick out and spark it up. But if it's not dry repeat the process a few more days to make it work. Takes a little bit of experience and I've messed up before I got it right so good luck.
      edit: Also be sure to save a leaf to wrap the leaves going along the stick that are holding the buds, and use it to wrap that leaf around those like you would the bottom of a baseball bat, it will hold in all in place waaayyy better.

Here's an overdue update:

Satori:

This one turned out to be a male, but a fine one indeed. Here is a pic of veg:

And a week after I topped him and initiated into 12/12:

Once he started to flower, I could see bulbous trichome formation with a microscope along the stem.

Here is O. Haze still in veg:

This one I am actually hopping for a male so that precious time can be taken off of flowering by just collecting pollen (this haze is being used for a breeding project). It has subtle to no aroma in veg.

Here is Cream Caramel in veg:

I was very impressed with this strain. This is an S1 variety, so she is a female and I'm debating whether or not to keep this variety as a mother, or to just flower her and clone before I throw her into 12/12. She has a deep chocolate smell that is just wonderful and she is very uniform.

I'll post more pics of Sweet Tai and Psicodelicia

OldPath
      Last edited by OldPathBluSky; 05-21-2008, 17:32.

Himalaya Gold in DWC

"What came through the closed door was the realization - not the knowledge, for this wasn't verbal or abstract - but the direct, total awareness, from the inside, so to say, as Love as the primary and fundamental fact. These words, of course, have a kind of indecency and must necessarily ring false, seem like twaddle. But the fact remains... I was this fact; or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that this fact occupied the place where I had been"
      -Aldous Huxley

"I believe that love is a better teacher than a sense of duty, at least for me." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Update

Here's are a few seedling pics of Psicodelicia and Sweet Tai:
        Psicodelicia

Sweet Tai

Here are a few more pictures of O Haze looking happy and perky:

OldPath

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Cream Caramel got a nice vigor to her who makes it and where did you get her from
          undefinedundefined

Comment

snowman06 - She comes from a spanish company Sweet Seeds and they sell feminized seeds in 3 packs.
            Last edited by OldPathBluSky; 05-21-2008, 17:53.

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

The Original Haze has been topped and will be intiated into 12/12 in 5 days.

Here are a few pics of before she was topped:

So beautiful, I did not want to top OHaze b/c I wanted to keep it as a father/mother, but I thought if I didn't and I don't have any successful clones then I wouldn't be able to flower it at all and would have to start over from seed. So I topped her. I'm sure I'll root at least one of the three clones I took and keep that as a mom/dad :smile:

Here's a pic of Ohaze after being topped:

And a picture of the topping:

Here's a picture of my Bangi Haze being re-vegged:

A picture of my newly sprouted O.Thai Haze x Skunk #1 aka Thunk :smile:
              (this is one of two that I sprouted)

And a picture update of my Sweet Tai:

OldPath

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Cream Caramel that one has uniformity and like the internode spacing o haze is nice ,too good job!
                EYES

Comment

Thanks eyes, here's some more pics of the Cream Caramel for you, she's very uniform. btw, I took clones off the second node, that's why there's no branching there.

4w vegetation:

OldPath

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Nice garden OldPath, very healthy plants and gotta love that haze....:smile:

Comment

Farmer John - Thanks for stopping by! Your O. Haze looks very nice :smile: Can't wait until I get to smoke it for my first time, if this O. Haze turns out to be a male, well that's okay too, I'll be making crosses either way! And then I'll have to sprout another seed and hope for a female.

OldPath

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Here's a little update on the Satori Male:

He's been trippin' out in the male chamber (PC server case) that's powered by an LED panel, do you guys think it's okay to leave a male on 24/0 especially if it's only LED's? It's on 12/12 photoperiod right now.

OldPath

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Update

The Cream Caramel has been initiated into 12/12 photoperiod and is now next to the Himalaya Gold in the flowering chamber.

The O. Haze is also doing great :smile:

OldPath

Himalaya Gold in DWC

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

coming along nicely dude. nice selection
                            Sir
                            Bitch! You know what I want! Hahahahaha! I wanna talk to Samson! Fly me to the moon like that bitch Alice Kramden! 'Cause it's hard being black and gifted! Sometimes I wanna throw it all down and get lifted!

"Sampson got this whole town on lockdown"

Never Say Never-current
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248783

Comment

curious to see how that satori turns out
                              EYES

Comment

Working...
                              X