What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OldPath's Grow Journal: Original Haze, Satori, and others

Hello everyone :wave:

I opened this thread for some strains I'm growing: Original Haze, Satori, Cream Caramel, Sweet Tai, and Psicodelicia.

All my plants will veg in a chamber with 80watts of CFLs on 16/8, then my indica dominate strains go into a 150w hps (w/ supplemented LEDs) chamber that is on 12/12 and is around 5ft tall, giving the plants 3-4ft to grow. My sativa strains go into my 250w HPS Flower Chamber on 12/12 that is around 5'10", and, depending on the strain, I usually grow my sativas from clones. If I grow a sativa from seed I usually top them, then weight train them so the lower branches will stretch to the light, resulting in a nice canopy of green.

Original Haze Seedling:

Satori Seedling:

Here's to making use of male leaves :rasta:

OldPath

Last edited:
BigWillyDee srry it's been so long lol, but yes it does work, what you have to do is get a stick wrap the leaves and the bud around the stick, use your saliva to get it looking like a blunt. And be sure you use a thin stick or else when you take it out it'll all be loose. Then what you do is put it out in the sun for a day, then if it is dry enough take the stick out and spark it up. But if it's not dry repeat the process a few more days to make it work. Takes a little bit of experience and I've messed up before I got it right so good luck.
edit: Also be sure to save a leaf to wrap the leaves going along the stick that are holding the buds, and use it to wrap that leaf around those like you would the bottom of a baseball bat, it will hold in all in place waaayyy better.

Here's an overdue update:

Satori:

This one turned out to be a male, but a fine one indeed. Here is a pic of veg:

And a week after I topped him and initiated into 12/12:

Once he started to flower, I could see bulbous trichome formation with a microscope along the stem.

Here is O. Haze still in veg:

This one I am actually hopping for a male so that precious time can be taken off of flowering by just collecting pollen (this haze is being used for a breeding project). It has subtle to no aroma in veg.

Here is Cream Caramel in veg:

I was very impressed with this strain. This is an S1 variety, so she is a female and I'm debating whether or not to keep this variety as a mother, or to just flower her and clone before I throw her into 12/12. She has a deep chocolate smell that is just wonderful and she is very uniform.

I'll post more pics of Sweet Tai and Psicodelicia

OldPath

Last edited:
Update

Here's are a few seedling pics of Psicodelicia and Sweet Tai:
Psicodelicia

Sweet Tai

Here are a few more pictures of O Haze looking happy and perky:

OldPath

snowman06 - She comes from a spanish company Sweet Seeds and they sell feminized seeds in 3 packs.

Last edited:
The Original Haze has been topped and will be intiated into 12/12 in 5 days.

Here are a few pics of before she was topped:

So beautiful, I did not want to top OHaze b/c I wanted to keep it as a father/mother, but I thought if I didn't and I don't have any successful clones then I wouldn't be able to flower it at all and would have to start over from seed. So I topped her. I'm sure I'll root at least one of the three clones I took and keep that as a mom/dad :smile:

Here's a pic of Ohaze after being topped:

And a picture of the topping:

Here's a picture of my Bangi Haze being re-vegged:

A picture of my newly sprouted O.Thai Haze x Skunk #1 aka Thunk :smile:
(this is one of two that I sprouted)

And a picture update of my Sweet Tai:

:wave:
OldPath

eyes

Veteran
Cream Caramel that one has uniformity and like the internode spacing o haze is nice ,too good job!

Thanks eyes, here's some more pics of the Cream Caramel for you, she's very uniform. btw, I took clones off the second node, that's why there's no branching there.

4w vegetation:

OldPath

Farmer John - Thanks for stopping by! Your O. Haze looks very nice :smile: Can't wait until I get to smoke it for my first time, if this O. Haze turns out to be a male, well that's okay too, I'll be making crosses either way! And then I'll have to sprout another seed and hope for a female. :wave:

OldPath

Here's a little update on the Satori Male:

He's been trippin' out in the male chamber (PC server case) that's powered by an LED panel, do you guys think it's okay to leave a male on 24/0 especially if it's only LED's? It's on 12/12 photoperiod right now.

OldPath

Update

The Cream Caramel has been initiated into 12/12 photoperiod and is now next to the Himalaya Gold in the flowering chamber.

The O. Haze is also doing great :smile:

OldPath

SirSmokalot - Thank you very much :smile:

eyes - I'm also curious, b/c if it works out well in there, I think I'll try to flower all my males in there, it would probably be better to flower clones of these males though b/c that chamber is really small. :wave:

OldPath

Update

Bad news about the Satori male. It was in such a small space that I thought just an output fan would be fine, no input fan and just passive air... I was wrong and odium (powerdy mildew) hit it hard. It has also spread to my vegatative garden, but it will be fine, I've taken neccessary action and will only loose very little. I also have a clone from when I topped the satori male :smile: so I will vegging it out a bit more until I can clone it once more. Good news is that the Cream Caramel and O.Haze have been doing great in 12/12:

Cream Caramel initiated into 12/12 week 0 flowering:

O.Haze initiated into 12/12 week 0 flowering:

Don't worry, O.Haze is crowded now, but it will have better day :smile:
Group Shot

OldPath

Last edited:
Update

O.Haze has been doing great! the axial limbs have stretched to 8" so far

Here is the new home of the O. Haze:

O.Haze and 2 Bangi Haze clones under 250w hps.

The lighting makes the plants look yellow but they are green and healthy :smile: I flowered one Bangi Haze clone at 1" and another at 1.5"... and will be doing so until I get to flowering clones that are 3" b/c I'm going to compare both of them on how tall they are and how much they yield for a sog project (I'm trying to find that sweet spot Dr.BudGreengenes was talking about). The one that was thrown in at an inch has already stretched to 5" and is starting to bud a cola :smile:

O.Haze outside the chamber:

A plant for a Strawberry Cough bagseed that I found, it's looking very nice and has a fruity smell to it :smile:

Here's my Aurora Indica mother, it's the first bonsai mother I've made
I love the smell of Aurora Indica

OldPath

Last edited:
Bigtimer7 - Thank you...:smile:

I've also just thrown an O.Haze clone in there at 1.5", hopefully it'll finish around 3' - 4' tall? :confused: we'll see.

OldPath

Last edited: