What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Polystyrene Dream

pico

Veteran
ROUND 2

ROUND 2

We are going to start the second round in this room in the same thread.

I managed to squeeze another two 1000w lights in the room and still have plenty of room to work. Here is the new layout. Actual pictures coming soon. Now there is six 1000w lights and four 600w lights. 10 lights and 8400w total.

Last edited:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
pico!! nice show man! I see what you were talkin about now! So i could get the same results using gh nutes? what supplements/additives do you run, and how often do ya flush those coco pots?

pico

Veteran
If you go coco, try H&G. If you go with another hydro medium, try GH. I run all the H&G additives. Not much with GH, maybe some floralicious plus or some liquid karma. Maybe once or twice during flowering I will flush some water through the coco pots. As long as you don't overfeed you shouldn't have a problem.

pico

Veteran
Weight was low last round. Room was being built as plants were flowering. Blew a couple bulbs early on and took 3-4 weeks to get replaced. No temp/humidity control and no CO2. No intake or exhaust setup. Bunch of new strains and half of them were not that good....Even still I got 7 pounds, which I can't complain about. On a properly setup room that is pretty bad yield so next time we won't accept those low numbers. With the new lights in here and everything setup right I should get 13 pounds or so.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HAHA PICO... how the fuck did i miss this? I have been seriously wasting my time in some seriously boring threads...

im glad you are still going strong... real strong....

off to check round 2 in your sig...

EDIT... ahh im a sucker, i was re-routed to the same page! oh well.. i should have caught that.... i bet im not the only muh fucka thats gon' do that!

:nono:

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
I have done a lot of systems. I started off in soil. I then tried some deep water culture buckets. Moved back over to soil. Tried some soiless mixes. More soil for a few years all organic with lots of teas. Did another bucket system with drip lines and a central res. Tried some drip with coco/hydroton. More soil for a while. Did some ebb flow systems with a few different types of medium. Tried an Omega Garden vertical system with rockwool. Done lots of coco/perlite runs, some hand watered, some with a drip system, some with ebb flow, some in beds. Been through a lot of mediums and a lot of nutrients.

I am currently running mostly coco/perlite ebb flow with House and Garden nutrients. Very easy to setup and use. Low maintenance throughout the grow and the yields are as good as anything else I have tried. I can highly recommend this type of system.

Thanks funkbomb. Next run should be better. I always try to do better than I did last time. Doesn't always work out, but a good goal none the less.

Lil Wayne- Yeah I thought that might trick some stoners. The idea is to have ROUND 1 link to the first page, and then ROUND 2 come to this where I will be putting some pictures very shortly.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pico, off of the top of your head, about how many plants did you run this last harvest of 7lbs?

ive read through all of your threads and I know that you speak highly of h&g and I dont see very many other people using it, nor can I find it at any local hydroponics shops. The owners of the hydro shops havent even heard of the stuff...

But ultimately, your last experiment has proven - lights are important if you want weight

pico

Veteran
The lights are important, yes. However, what is really comes down to is that everything is important. You really can't grow correctly without everything in place. The whole setup was lacking last run, not just the blown out lights. Most of the strains I tried were mediocre and I didn't have my room setup properly. This next round I have the room in a much better place. I will still have to dial in the temp/humidity setup most likely, but that should be pretty good from the start. Hopefully everything is pretty well sealed.

Last run I had maybe 75 plants or so. That doesn't really matter so much as far as yield goes. Maybe a third of those plants were on a single 3x6 table. They were flowered very small. That is also one of the tables that lost light.

You can buy H&G online I know. Or try calling the distributor and see if they have any stores in your area. I think the distributor is Humboldt Wholesale.

G

"You really can't grow correctly without everything in place". Hopefully the beginners will pick up on what you said. They would be so much happier with the results.

TyStik

HAPPYTREE

killer brother , im back on board. always tons of things to learn over at Picos threads. thanks for always trying new things and giving us the inside info.

Tagged
HT :rasta:

Last edited:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
thanks again for the responce pico. that pabloskunk is the kill man. cant wait til this gets popped off.
Sir

I can only aspire to this type of grow man :) great work!! I've been lurking in the background reading all your threads and alike ...thxs for sharing :) excellent stuff

john

B

Bigtimer7

GreAT JOB!!

WOW dude... Looks like your next round is gunna be FUN!!

Great job man.. I LOVE absolutly LOVE checkin your grows... Your SOOO GOod man love it... KKeep it up my man!!

+++ :)

G

Damn.. always a day late and a dollar short :rasta: yet again, another stellar setup pico!

N

Neptune

good to see ya still at it man, best of luck on this run.. know you will nail it this time.

Interesting coments on the ebb&flow, of all the systems you have run.

just can't beat the ease and consistency of ebb&flow ey? I too am trying a coco-perlite round 50/50, where I normally just go straight coco. Eager to see the differences that a shitload of perlite does for me.

Pot (as in container) size?

Pot (as in container) size?

Just caught up on some of your prior threads. You, sir, are an inspiration -- and a fount of useful info. Stupid question: In your current grow, are those white square pots the 3-gal size? It looks like you have 36 in a 4x4 tray; I can only fit 25. But they don't look like the next size down.