What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Polystyrene Dream

pico

Veteran
Back in business boys and girls.

Don't have a ton to post right this second but want to get the ball rolling. Should be pretty standard issue from me. Sealed room with CO2 and hydro tables for everything.

8 lights, 6400 watts, all Super Sun 2s
4, 600w hps
4, 1000w hps
Sealed room
Aircooled lighting
Santa Fe Dehumidifier 100 pint
12,000 btu Air Conditioner
CAP PPM-3 CO2 monitor
Green Air CD-12 CO2 generator
4, 4x4 hydro tables
2, 3x6 hydro tables
Can Max 10" and 14" fans
Can Carbon Scrubber
Polystyrene walls
lots of b/w poly
Even more coco/perlite mix
House and Garden Nutrients

Will be doing some ebb and flow with coco and coco pots. A coco bed, and a soil bed. Soil bed is all organic with another nutrient line out of Oregon.

Alright, here are a few photos of the process getting started. I will have plenty more later.

Questions, comments, concerns all welcome.

G

damn pico that looks like alot of fun.....ill grab my seat now . when do the ladies show up?

pico

Veteran
Ladies started flowering last week. I need to get more pictures. I just kinda wanted to get the thread started so it gives me a reason to bust ass in the grow room.

I seem to have lost the pictures of a lot of the building process.

pico

Veteran

Well It looks like the text got lost in the scaling down....Too tired to fix it.

Basically the squares are 1000w lights with coco/perlite ebb flow and the rectangles are dual 600w lights with coco/perlite bed on one side and soil organic bed on the other side.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
wow, thats alot of watts!!!Ill be :lurk: for sure. Nice, high tech soundin grow...thats alot of buds for personal use!!!LOL..See ya 'round man, keep it green

- Z

pico

Veteran
Screw it, I guess we can break the rules and skip ahead a bit. Just started flowering the other day. Room is still a mess. Been busy with work recently. Room still isn't nearly finished but I needed to flower anyways as things were already a bit big. Lots of different strains in there I am trying out, I will give more details on that later.

pico

Veteran
This round is a little crazy. Lots of random plants that got a bit screwed with during the big move. Different strains all over the place.....Next round will be a bit more uniform. Not that this round should be bad by any means. Pablo Skunk, Blue Skunk, Strawberry Cough, Cough, Mystery strain...few more I am forgetting, plus a handfull more I have mothers of. Hoping to find a winner somewhere in there.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this time i'm in.....consider this tagged ..looks like a supreme setup Pico !!

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Insane set up man

I really like the renos that you are doin, kind of what I had in mind, with a few less watts mind you.

This should be a show, I will be sitting next to core, eating his chips

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey there PICO,

I really like your newest setup, really slick man i gotta say. Cant wait to see how the 3x6 with 2 600'stable compares with the 4x4 under the 1k. Thanks a lot for posting up this great grow... Oh yea and Dog you wanna pass me some of those chips:confused: hahahha

-N.Kron:rasta:

pico

Veteran
Air cooling for sure. The plants just grew faster than I could finish building the room, so it isn't all done yet. I still have another wall to finish building, air cool the lights, and install the AC. Once that all gets done I can throw on the CO2 generator and really start having some fun.

Oh, you can just barely see it in the bottom photo, but I have a bird of paradise in the room. I am hoping to get it flowering.

Thanks for stopping by everyone, lots more to come.

G

damn pico ... shits coming along
few?s how you cooling the lights... all inline or what?
veg time?
hmm... nutes from oregon.. aurora inovations?

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
Harvest Moon Organics out of Eugene. I also use their soil and coco/perlite mix. Great guys, great products. Not a fan of the people who run Aurora and their soil wasn't too great either. Wouldn't even try their nutes after the bullshit they tried to feed me multiple times when going in to their shop. Their shop/sister company is Aqua Serene.

I was going to do a plenum and air cool all of the lights separately, but now I don't want to go through the hassle. I will probably cool them in sections of 2. So an intake and exhaust for each pair of lights. With the 10" can max it should be more than plenty. If power wasn't so expensive I wouldn't air cool at all. Just get a huge air conditioner and not even mess with all the ducting.