What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Polystyrene Dream

pico

Veteran
Day 13 flower

Day 13 flower

Alright, since I lost that huge post now we are just going to bang it out. Not much text, but a lot of photos. In fact this is the most amount of pictures you can have in a single post. I never knew there was a limit.

These are the plants 30 days ago.

And here they are now. First 5 tables on the left side of the room

3 more tables on the right side of the room.

Now I will go ahead and show you each table. Starting from the left going counter clockwise.

Table 1 Pablo Skunk

Table 2 Pablo Skunk

Table 3 Pablo Skunk

Table 4 NYC Diesel

Table 5 NYC Diesel

Table 6 Pablo Skunk

Table 7 Pablo Skunk

Table 8 NYC Diesel. See how the plants on the right side a smaller, that is from having a blown out light for the first 2 weeks. I just replaced my blown bulbs today.

Here are another couple random shots

Here are some shots of a couple small tables I found around the house that fit nicely between some of the tables. I might throw some of these NYCD plants that are in pots in there. Get a little extra yield from all the light in this room. I will be able to move them easily when I want to get in there.

Here is my NYC Diesel mom

Some new Pablo Skunk moms

I will leave you with a pano shot of the room. Well, the left side of the room at least. 6 of the 8 tables seen.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pico, your the muthafuckin man. i might have told you that before, just wanted to let you know again as if you dont already know. you really know how to set up shop.

asher1er

Veteran
like always, great work and nice room you got runnin there!! :joint: keep us posted n keep the pictures coming :joint: :joint:

Jacksparrow

Inspiration at it's finest Pico. As others have said you know how to setup a room.

Gives me something to look for whilst shopping for my new place :rasta:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:headbange:...:respect:....dude, I havent been around for a while, but I have been checkin in every now & again, and I gotta say...You are an inspiration to us all!!! :canabis: Fuckin beautiful plants man....that Pablo Skunk looks killer dank & frosty, like frosted flakes frosty!!! How potent is that stuff?? I gotta get my hands on that!!! :bashhead:

Anyhow, Ill def be lurkin here bro, keep up the killer work....fuckin L.!!!!Peace

- Z :joint:

asher1er

Veteran
Pico, thanks for the idea you gave me!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pico again.

i'll hit you back with some Rep soon! keep up the good work:joint: :joint:

eyes

Veteran
how do u like that santa fe dehumidifier??how big of an area does it do?suck alot of electric?

clowntown

Veteran
pico, you're my hero. :bow: Your grows / threads and attitude have inspired me to do my thing and do it up even bigger.

I wanna be like pic(o) :D when I grow up!

Hopefully by the end of next year I'll be doing half of what you're doing. Pimpin' sure ain't easy, but you make it look like a piece of cake.

Much respect, brother. :respect:

hey man, we are all wondering what's going on? We all love the setup, and wish you the best if things are a stress right now! here's some of my cheese, it might be a strain worthy of a table in the polystyrene room. or possibly a pablo x cheese? the skunk in the pablo mixed with the cheese will certainly make for a wonderful cross, and would keep yeilds the same if not a little better! good luck friend

pico

Veteran
Alright, I have been not paying much attention to ICMag lately. I will try to be better about it. Lots of things going on right now. I just finished flowering this cycle in this room and didn't take any full room shots before harvest. I still have a few tables of pablo up so maybe I will snap off a picture before I chop those in the next couple days.

Things went alright this round. I am changing a few things around that didn't work well for me. I tried some coco mats on half my tables or so. At first the coco mats were working well and I saw a bunch of root growth below the mat. However it seemed like the coco mats actually held my plants back towards the end of flowering. Kept the roots too wet or something and they were not as healthy as they should have been. The plants with coco mats finished flowering and dropped leaves much faster than tables without mats. Looks like the roots rotted below the mat. Next round I won't be using these things. Plus they raise the humidity in your room and you are not able to move plants around once the roots grow through.

I will also not be running the diesel this next round. It did not have a very even growth pattern to it and was harder to train than the pablo skunk. It stretched more and was unpredictable. Plus it takes longer to flower out so not something I want in my garden. My temps got a bit hot this round and allowed mites to flare up the last week of flowering. Strangely enough the only plants hit were the diesel plants. They were not all in the same area either...some tables of diesel in one corner, then some pablos, then more diesels.....The mites did not touch the pablos at all. Walked over pablo to get to more diesel. I mean I had major webs on some diesels at the end, but nothing on pablos at all. crazy

Next time around I need to get my temps in order so I don't have a mite problem. I had tried to run a sealed room with in wall air conditioners. I don't know if my AC units are toast or what, but they were not cooling the room nearly enough. I really need to get a minisplit AC like the Mr. Slim. I would have one already, but condeser unit outside my spot may look a little fishy. Anyone ever put the condenser inside and exhausted the heat out?

Next round I am running 5 plants per light I think. I bought a case of 2 gallon Smart Pots. They are a breathable fabric based pot that will work great in my ebb flow setup and they are larger than the coco pots I have been using. They make the smart pots in small sizes up to huge 100 gallon ones for use outdoors.

This is from their website:

How does the Smart Pot work?

Smart Pots are manufactured out of a custom, non-woven, polypropylene material that research discovered has important and unique horticultural applications. As roots grow they soon reach the container walls. In hard sided, plastic containers, these roots immediately start circling and continue to circle. Examine a circling root structure and you find a few large roots growing in circles with very little side branching. These roots often bind or girdled upon themselves. Circling roots can never give optimum growth.

Smart Pots are manufactured out of a tough, porous fabric. When roots reach the side of the Smart Pot, they Air Prune!

What is air pruning?

Air pruning is a natural process occurring when a root comes in contact with the air on the side of the porous Smart Pot wall. The root tip stops growing (pruned) and causes the remaining root to extensively branch. Now, instead of fewer circling roots, the plant develops new lateral roots. New, fibrous roots fill the Smart Pot allowing the plant to maximize uptake of both moisture and nutrients. And when the roots grow well, the plant grows well. Upon comparison, root systems that developed in a Smart Pot have a much greater mass or volume then those found in hard-sided plastic containers. Plants grown in Smart Pots have greater root mass in less soil.

I got a 1000w digital ballast at the Garden Expo this weekend. I am giving it a shot and if it goes well I might switch over a few more ballasts. Although I am still pretty skeptical on these things. They claim they are made from japanese components and not chinese garbage.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will try to be better about updates.