What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Freezer grow THaze x Skunk

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
JustEnoughForMe said:
but if i do that will i be able to keep a mother ? guess not ... oh dilemas. i hate the idea of reveg.

What I DID was flip to 12/12 and clone at the first sign of preflower (3 weeks). Problem is, after several months in 24/0, the clones have not reverted to veg.

What I SHOULD have done is take clones from seed plants in veg and then flower the doners. This would've allowed me to ID female clones while still in "veg" mode.

You may have noticed my use of colored toothpicks. Any plant or clone with Orange toothpicks are the Wilma line. Betty was Blue until she went Barney on me. So Blue was re-assigned to Pebbles until she went Bam-Bam.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Moleculist said:
Seeing your freezer grow was one of the things that first inspired me to grow, just thought you might like to know :)
Aw, shucks. I got's goosebumps. Always happy to be a bad influence on someone.

If there was anything here that interested you, please check the following links. They completley reorganized my cab. Whatever impressed you in here was largely because of these ...

NGB http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29593

CMH http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=72215

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Final tally, 95 grams water cured. Because my scale is in 5 gram increments, it could be anywhere between 90 - 95 or, 3.04 - 3.21 oz. Theoretically, a jar cure would weigh in at about 5 oz.

Definitely a drop off but, not as bad as I worried. I don't think a clone will ever develop the rootball a seed plant does but, no more straight to 12/12 with clones for me.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Just a collection of links

Just a collection of links

I'm tired of re-searching for links I post regularly. Now I'll know where they are.
00) ThumbCode ThumbCodeInstructions

01) The AMAZING NGB Cab 02) Mills Pride Club 03) CMH-Ceramic Metal Halides

04) 250 Watt Club 05) The 400 Watt Club 06) 600 Watt Club

07) Intake Calculator-broken link see below * 08) Muffler DIY by Kovenant 09) DIY RO Filter

10) NZjay- Australian Madman 11) microRU - Mad Russian Micro Genius 12) Convert ppm to EC

13) Great Inline Fans (S&P) 14) LST-Bushes are better 15) ScROG Links

16) Air-Cooled Reflectors 17) Starting a MedCab 18) Ventilation 101

19) Panasonic Whisperfans 20)The ultimate beginner's guide to PC FANS 21)Negative Pressure for Dummies

22) Hempy's Perpetual Harvest in 90 Days
23) pll grows

* Near as I can tell the below is the work of HeadPawthead at a site to which I can no longer link. Some editing for clarity, code glitches and graphics
Here's how you can calculate the amount of ventilation you need. If for instance you wanted to keep you grow room temperature from getting any more than 5º warmer than the intake air temperature, and you were using 400 watts of power, you'd make the calculation below.

(3.2 X Wattage)÷5=CFM. In our example: (3.2 X 400)÷5 = 256

The chart below is based on the following formula. It is a well-established heat transfer formula.

---------------------------Calculating the passive intake.-------------------------

The Home Ventilating Institute recommends one square foot of open air inlet per 300 CFM of ventilation fan capacity.

If you were going to use 256 CFM, you'd want 256/300 square feet of intake area, which is 122.88 square inches.

Here are some options for the intake area for a 256 CFM ventilation fan:

1 hole - 12.5 inches in diameter.
2 holes - 8.84 inches in diameter.
3 holes - 7.22 inches in diameter.
4 holes - 6.25 inches in diameter.
5 holes - 5.59 inches in diameter.
6 holes - 5.11 inches in diameter.

Here is how to calculate the hole sizes:

1. Take the total area in square inches needed, in this case 122.88 square inches, and divide by the number of holes you want.
2. Then divide by Pi (3.14).
3. Take the square root of that value.
4. Then multiply by 2.

The answer is the diameter that each hole would need to be to make up the total area needed for intake.

A large number of small holes will create more backpressure than one large hole of equivalent area. This would be negligible unless you're using a huge number of holes or you're using ducting to supply the air to each intake hole. If you're just cutting them in a wall you should be fine using 8 or less holes without having to take into account the extra backpressure.

Last edited:

Illadelph

What Up Freeze,

Just checkin out your thread. i didnt know you were growing Skunkmans Original Thai Haze x Skunk #1. I got 15 of these beans as freebees over the past year. I can't believe it takes the seeds that long to germ, is that a sativa thing? Would you say the end product is worth the wait? I was thinking of germing some of the seeds for mothers, but don't think my skillz are ready for a pure sativa yet. What other strains have you grown that you really liked?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Ill, Goat, Welcome.

I can't explain why 2 seeds took so long to germ. I'm just glad I forgot to throw them out.

Worth the wait? Yes. Even if it wasn't the high I was looking for. Not the best weed to plant when your cupboard is bare. Waiting on the first harvest was more than I could take. Second crop, no problem.

Strains? Does anyone really know what time it is? I never hung with growers and who knows if dealers even know what they're dealing. We just saved seeds from weed we liked and threw them in dirt. I miss that sometimes.

Thunks were the freebies in my very first seed order. Unfortunately the SSH seeds I paid for were DOA. Those were the only two I had any lineage on. Til now. I just got some "Destroyer." Ironic name, considering getting "destroyed" is exactly what I want to avoid. Described as very up, energetic, and productive, its an indica free mix of: Thai, Columbian and Mexican. Flowers very fast @ 75 days but, calls for a minimum 30 day veg for best results. Still, gotta' be faster than a Thunk.

D

Don Cotyle

Hi Bro! How ya been? I hope the Destroyer is what you been looking for, and a fast finisher to boot! Another super up high that dosen't take forever to finish is Belladona by Paradise Seeds, screaming up high and trippy!

Hey you remember that Log Bonsai I had going? Well she's still going and at 54 days flowering from the first signs of pistels she loooks like shes gonna take a while to finish, high sativa content! Looks like she's trying to run away...LOL!!!

:laughing: :muahaha:

F

fully baked

Just found your diary FreezerBoy, and wow, she is a monster of a beauty. You gotta put in your time though if you wanna play with her.

I had an OHaze x Skunk 1 from Sam I put outside this year. She hit 8 feet, but isn't even close to being done and the end of the season is quickly approaching. I might have to try and make some premature hash or something out of her. I did take a few clones off her this last week. Maybe I can get that SWC ironed out and get her in there. I want some nice sativa smoke...

Props on your monster screen for sure.

Last edited:
S

ShantiShiva

OMFG!!! Lol!! That looks soo damn crazy. good work :bow:

im deffently gonna keep looking in here every now and then.....
Have fun

ShantiShiva

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Don Cotyle said:
Another super up high that dosen't take forever to finish is Belladona by Paradise Seeds, screaming up high and trippy!

Hey Don! Thanks for the tip, sounds right up my alley.

That's one twisted sister you got there. I'm not seeing any tie downs. Was she FIMmed? That's some impressive spreading out of buds. Inquiring minds want to know.

fully baked said:
I had an OHaze x Skunk 1 from Sam I put outside this year. She hit 8 feet, but isn't even close to being done and the end of the season is quickly approaching. I might have to try and make some premature hash or something out of her. I did take a few clones off her this last week. Maybe I can get that SWC ironed out and get her in there. I want some nice sativa smoke...

Welcome aboard Fully Baked. 8 feet, WOW! Sorry to hear she won't have time to finish up. I wonder if these girls ever really do. I took clones from mine 3 weeks into 12/12. After several months of 24/0 and recloning, they are still in assymetry having never returned to a veg state, Then again, they're not in bud either and make the switch at the drop of a hat once 12/12 starts.

krackpack said:
this is crazy i dont think my thunks are gonna make it no enough time should of started sooner
Hey Krackpack. These gals take their own sweet time. While never documented, the last of my Thunks (Sleeping Beauty, she of the 33 day germ) flowered close to 25 weeks. Her trichs were still overwhelmingly clear.

ShantiShiva said:
im deffently gonna keep looking in here every now and then.....
Shanti, thanks for the kind words and for stopping by. While I still have a Mom, I'm not sure I see anymore Thunks in my future. I'll certainly respond to anything here but, I've opted for a new Diary to cover my Destroyer grow.

D

Don Cotyle

Hi FreezerBoy! I started out twisting her up with a pipe-cleaner to get her twisting and turning in the directions I wanted her to go. Later on I bent the branches over and tied em down with the cup-hooks in a 10" pot. I let her streach to about 2' and transplanted her into a 14" pot. Then I pinched the branches with needlenose plyers and twisted the branches and re-tied them down out farther with cup-hooks again. Day 54 flowering I cut off all the nulti-leaved feeder leaves off and just left the single leaves on. Easier said than done =P but it was alot of fun playing with her, don't know how long she'll go cause she looks like she has heavy sativa tendencies! I'm probably gonna have to let her finish in front of a window, I got picked as a test grower for Cannacopia Seeds and have to start them as soon as they come in!

I'm gonna try to leave on the bottom popcorn and re-veg her after harvest and try to keep her going, if she makes it I'm gonna try some spirals and such, shopuld be fun!

Peace Don!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Excellant work she looks like an Octopus. Congrats on your inclusion as a tester. Sounds like fun.

D

Don Cotyle

Thanks Bro!!! I requested something that works well for pain relief, sure hope they have something good! I'll PM ya with a link when I get started!

When I was a little boy venturing through the inter-webs of OG to find more about this sacred herb I came across a freezer grow. I have to admit I've always had aspirations to make a fine grow like yours, however I've never happened to come across a fridge. Cheers though, killer cab man!

xlatit

I will never miss coming back to this thread, cause I always am at it. Its like the art of deception with a whole green arm.

the Rock

hi FB interested in the potency of your thunk
my friend grew some out from clones given to him from me/ I had forgotten about it as I killed mine (didnt have time or room)
anyhow that was the STROnGEST weed i have smoked in over 20 years(since opiated thaisticks) It put me in a dreamlike state that I could not wake up from,just lala land
props to the skunkman and I am growing thunk now going straight from seed to 12/12=they are over a foot tall and have not shown sex yet yeehaw