What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk Grow Log

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Very nice slickster!!! They are looking like they will be some monsters in flower. Would love to see how they are doing so if ya get a chance take some pics. :D Great work bro... looks like too much nitrogen from the curled leaf tips but loving those fat leafs.

G

Oh boy.....

Go Easy on the ferts they ARE bad with curling
and burns,give the roots lots of airy soils......
Good luck!

Thanks Trichosaurus and Lou, here they are at week 6 flowering with about one more week till harvest.

They were done at 7 weeks as I harvested them at 50 days flowering fully seeded, and the stone is just right. If they were harvested earlier at 5-6 weeks they would have retained more of the heady up high along with some of the the somewhat not yet mostly converted body stone by trichome ambering % comparison. The seeds do not come out with too much in the way of tiger stripes, and they do not get too dark brown like the Pine Tar Kush does.

In order of smoke preference they are Deep Chunks B (lowest harvest, highest quality), Deep Chunk F (matured early and good smells and effects), Deep Chunk A (good DC, 2nd highest harvest), and Deep Chunk D is last but not least as it had the highest harvest of the 4. I had to battle thrips all along the way and could have vegged them a month or two less. This strain would seem optimal outdoors for yield, as the foliage and growth is quite dense. Having either several tops, track lighting, or side lighting would be a good thing for this chunky strain. This strain has roots that like to start in a large 1 gallon pot and work their way up from there as the rooting is proportionately faster. It prefers light soil that dries out in between waterings, no dampness, hydroguard and chamomile come to mind.

Last edited:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Nice report. Got some nice purpling on some of those buds too. And impressive that some were pulled at 50 days, but they sound good.

Will be checking in on the next grow. PTK is some great bud and there are some top notch specimens in the BOG medley. You should be very happy with those. Great work bro!

Thanks again Trichosaurus, here is a picture of 5 Deep Chunk F seeds and a more detailed report for the 4 Deep Chunks.

Deep Chunk has a good taste and rivals most potent Indicas like G-13, but with more of a head stone rather than a total body slam. At first it does induce giggles at intervals, which makes it a good nightime event bud. It has munchies and as an Indica it can take 5 minutes to reach full effect. So it can get your head spinnin after you initially partake more than a fair share. Gonna try the PTK next to see if hopefully it is not so noidy, and also am looking at the Sandstorm as another potential Indica to try later on.

This strain smells a bit cheesy in flowering for the first few weeks. Then after the first weeks the cheesy smell gets a bit muskier. The smell then progresses through mousey territory during week 3 along with the musky scent and a lighter cheese smell than the previous two by now. These smells get immediately pronounced for smell testing at lights out. The plants were quite smelly in flowering and used up a carbon filter which I've since refilled. This strain could be crossed to Cheese, as it would compliment itself as a Cheesy "Superskunk" Chunk. At 4 weeks and on they go more towards a musky and coffee smell to finish. When first dried they smelled like black liquorish somewhat. After a few days cure they smell piney, especially upon breakup of the buds. After a few weeks curing the smell retains its green pineyness, and it gets light sweet hints of bittersweet chocolate and coffee beans with an equally light hint of butterscotch. After curing for a few weeks/months, all the smells get lighter and subtler and starts to add some lemongrass aroma. The body stone is upbeat and at first pulses throughout the hands and feet. The smoke is thick, pungent, and expanding making it hard to hold, especially the kief/hash. The taste is acrid, smokey, hashy, and slightly peppery while the smell of the smoke is like frankinscence coupled with a floral tone. I think the taste was not as good as it should have been because I was unable to properly flush them at the end.

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
nice stuff Slickster

flash flash!
13876Deep_Chunk_B_dry.jpg

nothings better than a well seeded bud!

Thanks Raco, Esbe, and Supah, glad you guys liked them buds. Have some more buds and time for smoke test results for some different angles to share. Here are Deep Chunks A and F after some sifting in a strainer:

The buds and plant structure are both chunky and tight as the calyx to leaf ratio is low as it is a pure Indica. The smell and flavour are deep, while the smoke is heavy, and quite expansive. Potency is good, and it has a body stone that is physically relaxing while the mind remains clear. There is some lemongrass aroma starting to mingle into the buds after curing for a month. Here are some mature Deep Chunk B seeds that were pollenated by 2 different Deep Chunk males. They'll be frozen in the freezer with dry rice for preservation . In every nook and cranny of the fresh buds there are deep purple colorations regardless of temperatures, potency being well worked into all 4 phenos. Will have to properly flush the next one to see the taste potentials. Interestingly enough, after curing for a few months it tastes like roasted coffee beans in the afterburn.

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Great thread...well documented...thanks
The Slickster said:
I got the beans from Seedbay when they had them up and these are Tom's stock.
I didn't know Deep Chunk got purple and finished as fast as 50 days...on my way to Seedbay....

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Great thread, awesome grow. Really makes me want to grow out my Deep Chunk, your smoke report was great. Not sure how I would grow them in my setup, does anyone know how the respond to revegging?

hidingtree

holy poop ! tha twas quickly done ! dang slickster you sure get my attention every time . love to see you keepin on , all is well . many blessings , hidingtree

B

Bigtimer7

WOW love the Deep CHunk

Im deff gunna have to get some seeds after seein these bad boys!~

I love um man REALLY FIRE!! +++

Much thanks -VT-, this strain is from your state and the estimated flowering period is 55-60 days. Pop your Deep Chunks bounty29, and just keep topping them in a 1-2 month veg. Hello mtf-shaman, let me know how your DC turns out for you. Here is the first chosen offspring of Deep Chunk B, at 33 days flowering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts