What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Shorts Flo 10/10 grow log

Just thought I'd start off my next grow log of some DJ Shorts' Flo as 10 out of 10 seeds have popped. They are under a 130w 6700K CFL right now, and later a 250w MH.

They were germinated with Liquid Karma and mostly all of them have colored first leaves. The soil blend is coco, peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, zeolite, carbon, and sand.

Last edited:
Thanks BlackRain, and hey Seedynono, it's mo flo fo sho. They've been fed minimally and kept on the dry side aside from some chamomile tea to prevent damping off. Here they are at three weeks old, going on their fourth week. Some of them have some maroon hues at the center and all have red stems.
[url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/13876Flo_C_pic2.jpg]
[/url]

[url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/13876FloH_pic2.jpg] [/url]

Getting ready for transplant in a few weeks as they have filled out their cups. They'll go in the same medium into a 1 gallon container. For now, am starting to add some Pure Blend Gro as they are going along.

Last edited:
G

Very nice The Slickster. :wave: I love the macros of the first true leaves emerging. I've never seen them come out colored already!

Smoke68

Hey Slickster, mind if I pull up a chair for this one:lurk:? BTW Beautiful plants, I love the hues that the center and like Stoned2Death said I have never seen that kind of coloring in a seedling, let alone before it sets its first true leaves. I have a good feeling about what is to come of these plants. Keep up the good work Slickster

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Slickster - fantastic-looking plants indeed. I get the maroon hues on new leaves on my purple#3 plant - the most common one I've photographed. But the leaf structure of yours looks very nice indeed - more chunky than most of mine. What color are the stems?

My money's on 'B' and 'E' at this stage...:)

G

Elevator Man said:
My money's on 'B' and 'E' at this stage...:)

Slickster - EM is the man to talk to about Flo for sure. I bet he knows what is to come of those. :yes:

bpb

looking very good i bet you are gonna get some very color full plants out of that batch
makes me really want to try out some flo
good luck

Thanks all, DJ's strains all seem to have that characteristic of the top emerging leaves to be tinted either blue in the Blueberry or maroon as in some of these Flo.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I don't any of the green ones will suffer too much from being green - my only green pheno is amazing...;)

G

Yeah, color doesn't always denote something more powerful, but it sure is pretty to look at! :yummy:

Thanks Stoned2Death, and I am not particularly looking for something more powerful. As I thought the green ones may be the ones with more relative THC (power) albiet just a bit, than other desirable terpenes and cannabinoids. As opposed to the colored ones, I do believe they may have the kindest effects and as well as possibly a sweet berry like flavour or something in that area. But I have no plans for the culling of any of the females at any point, and it will just be a matter of picking the best male/s. If 3-4 males emerge, I may not need them all, especially if one or two of them is one of the green ones. So females will all make the grade as far as being grown out, it is the males to pick from here, will wait a week or two maybe some of them will have shown sex. Elevatorman, did you detect any difference in effects from the colorful phenos vs the green ones? Don't want to cull a male if there is something to these green ones, but am also not sure about having multiple males over the colorful one/s?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well I only had one green female pheno, and it's probably just a shade more narcotic, but that's not much for Flo! And it didn't have the berry smell - more apple jam when cured. It also produced a much higher yield overall than the purple ones.

The Skunk X Flo cross I've just made is strangely very close indeed to the green pheno in smell and certain aspects of bud structure. My new 'MoFlo' cross also looks to have upped the yield somewhat over other purples I've grown, so purple = low yield may not always be the case!

Latest posts

Latest posts