What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Ebb Flow Show

pico

Veteran
Since I just can't grow the same way twice, here goes an ebb and flow table.

2 gallon square pots @ 18 per table
hydroton
3x6 botanicare tables
70 gallon botanicare reservoir
GH coco 1/4" mats
Sun Systems GroPro dual 600w ballast @ 1 per table
Sun Systems Super Sun 2 reflectors @ 2 per table
Sunlifts
hidhut.com bulbs
GH Floranova Veg
GH Flora series with Lucas Formula for bloom
Possibly hygrozyme and liquid karma in bloom
Nitrozyme Foliar spray
PVC SCROG nets

Strain is White Widdow. Same strain that has been grown in all my other threads.

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
Here is the catch. I have dedicated rooms for flowering and veg. This lets me have staggered harvests. Harvest half of my flowering room every month. This works out well, except that I have to veg my plants in a different room. With soil containers this was not a problem. However I want to use coco mats. So I will be adding the coco mats the minute the plants go in to the flowering room. I also will have to move all my lights, tables, reservoir.....etc to the flowering room.

The flowering room does have its perks. It is a sealed room with full enviornmental controls.

Green Air CD-12 CO2 Generator
C.A.P. ppm-3 Co2 monitor/controller.
2 dehumidifiers
Air conditioner
Insulated flexible ducting for air cooled lights
Elicent 8" inline
Recirculating carbon scrubber

Enough with the nonsense. Here are the plants just transplanted in to hydroton. Straight from the EZ Cloner. Not the healthiest of clones this round, but they will pull it together.

12245IMG_0973.JPG

I really was a bad guy and didn't do much if any res checks for 2 weeks. I just filled up with water mostly and gave them a dash of floranova at one point. pH was initially adjusted to 5.8 and it rose to the mid 6's and I just left it there. Not the best conditions, but they are still trucking along.

1 week veg

12245IMG_1381.JPG

2 weeks veg

12245IMG_1516.JPG

Tune in tomorrow and I will double your pleasure or your money back.

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
Double Vision

Double Vision

Ok, who can wait till tomorrow? Not me.

Day 24 veg. If you look closely :chin: you might be able to see that I added the second 3x6 table and another two 600w lights. Didn't add any plants, same 36 plants @ 18 per table. Still using just 1 reservoir.

12245IMG_1582.JPG

12245IMG_1580.JPG

12245IMG_1579.JPG

12245IMG_1583.JPG

12245IMG_1584.JPG

Midtown- Good to see ya. Hopefully everything goes well. Trying some new things so you never know what could happen.

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very nice setup. Clean and simple. Keep up the good work and thanks for the great pics :joint:

-Funk

G

Very nice pico :joint:

Quick question...

Any reason why ya didn't go with the Floranova Bloom?

pico

Veteran
Well I bought 6 gallon jugs of the 3 part a few months back. This was before I tried the Floranova and had great results. I will be trying floranova in some ebb flow tables sooner then later.

pico

Veteran
What are you ebb flow pros using as an interval time between floods? I was flooding every 2 hours and I just turned it down to every 3 hours. Can anyone recomend a pump that has fast drain back to the res? I have been flooding pretty close to the top of the tray, is there any reason why I shouldn't be?

So far I have been pretty happy with the ebb flow system. Sure is easy. If it works out as well as I hope I will be adding a bunch more 3x6 tables and 600w lights to my arsenal. Anyone used these coco mats before?

Nice to see some familiar people have shown up. Don't be afraid to ask questions or give advice. I just pretend to know what I am doing.

pico

Veteran
blynx- The plants are just in this tiny room temporarily until they are big enough to go in the bloom room. Once in the flowering room everything will be aircooled. Plus all the CO2 equipment will be cranking. I hope to have everything flowering within the week.

The plants are pretty healthy. Like I said I have kinda been a bastard to them and not checking res pH/EC. Talk about another procrastination station.

I added 4ml/gallon hygrozyme and liquid karma today.

70s_PotHead

I flood every 4 hours for 15 minutes with hydroton and 5.25 sq pots and 1 flood at 6 hours of the flower dark period. I tried every 3 and it made no differance so I went back to 4 hours. You have larger pots so i'd just play with it a bit and see what works best for you.

70s :joint:

pico

Veteran
Thanks 70s PotHead. So you flood for 15 minutes, then how long do you think it takes to drain back to your res? I have been flooding for like 5 because it takes 10 or 15 minutes to drain back through my pump. I still get around 1/2 to 3/4 the way up the tray with 5 minute flood.

Q*Bert

Pulling up a seat, like your setup. Just to contribute, I water for 15 mins every 45 mins and drain takes about 20 mins now, used to take 13 but roots are coming through the drain holes now and it takes a touch longer.
All the best,
Q

pico

Veteran
Thanks Q*bert. Are you using hydroton? That is a lot of watering, did you notice a difference when watering more often?

I hope to have my roots clogging up the whole tray after the coco mats go in.