What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Procrastination Station

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey pico,

lovely job as ever man :yes:

starting to expect no less from ya man, lol. it's always a great feeling when another run has made it through to harvest.

spent an awesome week in Amsterdam for the 420, it was a real good time. you should think of going next time.

congrats on the latest harvy .... :wave:

Dreamscape

Pico Amigo,

Good job man ... Just over five lbs. from 30 plants is definetly a solid run in my opinion LOL ... definetly something i'll be hoping to aspire to hit for my grows ...

With your transplanting issue ... When during the cycle did you get the idea that you Should transplant and how ? Was it just before flipping to 12/12 and the plants were soaking up water every other day or something else that gave you the indication to transplant ???

Thanks as always
~ Dream

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
Gaiusmarius- Hell, now I have all this pressure. Expectations and everything :) Actually the one with the highest expectations is me. Wish I could have made it to the cup this year. I was harvesting this setup on 4-20 so I had my own little party. I even had my own homebrew on tap finished on 4-20. Next year I would like to go or at least send over some samples.

Dreamscape- I knew in the back of my head even before 12/12 that I should have transplanted. I slacked off and didn't do it. I didn't really notice the problems until the last 3 or 4 weeks of flowering. The buds set up huge but didn't fill in as much as they could have with more roots. But I also have heard from everyone that used this soil mix (from a local company) that their plants had similar problems of burning a bit towards mid flowering and not filling out as much as they should.

Thanks for all the kind words friends. No matter what I have been saying, this was a good harvest with quality buds. I just look for improvement in everything.

pico

Veteran
Oh and I think it was closer to 6 pounds with the other couple plants I harvested late.

scoobysnaqs

quick question for ya pico...i am running a room of about 140 sq feet with 1400 watts a dehumi c-filter co2....two smaller fans for air circulation....an 8in 747cfm vortex for coolin the lights also another (over kill but thats how i like it) 8in 747cfm vortex for an out take and a 250 cfm for an intake....

Now all of this is hooked up to a chhc-1 monitor that reads temps humi and co2 levels....i have the co2 interlocked with the temps so that the in and out take fans wont be running while pumpin the room with co2...how effective will the co2 be compared to not having the "pump and dump" set up? the room is what it is and all the upgrades have been made that can be just curious to how big the effect is.

Most peoples answers i tos get an ac unit which i already have but i dont want to take up the massive amount of room that it does....rather have the fine smoking home grown in its place if ya can blame me.

pico

Veteran
Hard to really give any exact figures as there are so many factors. I think the most effective setups have even CO2 levels throughout the day and even temperatures. So a dehumidifier/air conditioner type setup. However, I also think that with small to mid size grows, you will get more of that fine smoking home grown for your dollar by just adding another light instead of making the jump to CO2. CO2 setups bring all kinds of fun enviornment problems to try and regulate, and sometimes that can cost big money. It seems you already have the CO2 stuff, so you might as well run it. It can only help.

What do you have, two 400w and a 600w? Seems like if you wanted you could squeeze in an a window shaker AC unit. With that and the dehumidifier, it might take as much electricity as another mid size light though.

Sorry, not really a question you can get an exact answer on from me.

Whatever you decide to do, dial your setup in and you should be happy with the results.

scoobysnaqs

yea i started the room with one 1000w on the light mover with the ac unit stuck right in front of the door going into the grow room. Not knowing how hard it was goin to be transforming that into a "sealed" room. i went ahead and bought:

400w (extra hood and ballast)
two 8in vortex fans, one still on the way (the one we have we are using to cool the lights the other will we the out take)
c filter
dehumi
co2 tank and reg
chhc1 (fuckin love it)

So the objective was to get the 980w (useless power) out, the door closed for odor and stealth purposes and increase yields w/o increasing the bill too much. As soon as i hooked all that up minus the 8in out take fan the temps were reaching 100F and we were flippin, we popped open the door and threw the ac on that hellishly high grow room.

I are hoping the out take fan along with our dinky 200cfm in take will lower the temps so that they are able to turn off long enough for the plants to really prosper from the co2 untill the temps raise and the rooms air will be exchanged again.

I have thought bout a window ac unit but studs are 12 apart which would cause me to have to cut through studs which i am not willing to do..only if my out take fan can not cool the room. Thanks for the advice and i am planning on honing in on my setup and getting to work for me...