What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BonsaiGrower's Garden

Q*Bert

Hi BG-
Great looking setup you have going, you said something earlier that rings so true with me "With this little perpetual harvest I am no threat to society. I pay my taxes, I vote, I go to community meetings and I am a good person in my eyes. The only law I break is this one and it affects no one but me." This is the mindset that will change the world. I look forward to following your grow. Peace to you and all the best :joint: :joint:
Q

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Thanks for checkin me garden out folks.

marx2k ....I try to KISS ....Keep it simple silly....that said...I do minimal clipping or thinning. I let the plant tell me what to do. I find that if the leaf isn't getting light then it turns yellow and falls off anyway. Every few days I'll give a little tug on any leaf that looks weak and if it falls off then it falls off...simple. The undergrowth takes care of itself in the same fashion. I just keep it tidy by cleaning up any dead leaves. I do minimal pruning once the buds have started but that's just to get the canopy growing evenly. ....that help? ...feel free to stop by anytime and exchange ideas...everyone is different.

Here's an invaluable link to cruise through.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24013

Q*Bert ...hey man :wave: ...thanks for stoppin in. I'm glad you liked what I previously had in my signature. That's just it eh? At the absolute very least, it should be legal for us to grow a weed (that's totally in it's natural form) in our own homes as long as it doesn't affect our neighbour in any way.

and here's your signature ... "Growing Cannabis is is the truest form of excersizing my constitutionally guaranteed rights to
LIFE, LIBERTY and THE PURSUIT of HAPPINESS" ........EXACTLY MAN!!!!! Glad your gonna stick around...feel free to stroll through my garden anytime.

Mr. Greenjeans .... I better stand at attention..... It's an honour Sir. I've lurked your bonsai thread and remember you as one of the guys I learned some techniques from when first joining ICMag and changing my set-up. So...Thanks!!!! Ha...bet ya didn't even know you helped changed someones life. ... stick around, I'll be wanting your input. :wave:

Nitetiger ...thanks for stoppin back in....gettin close eh? :woohoo:

Take care everyone
BG

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Wow BG - thanks for the kind words man! Very glad some of my yakkin was useful... and thanks for the invite - I'll pull up a toasty spot right over here... :friends::canabis:

sugabear_II

Veteran
Hey Bonsai,

It's about time I checked into your little thread here. I really enjoy the first post - great pictures of all your setups. I've only been getting bits and pieces on the 400 and 150 thread - it's good to see the full setup in action! And very impressive.

And I always love to hear people say the truth

With this little perpetual harvest I am no threat to society. I pay my taxes, I vote, I go to community meetings and I am a good person in my eyes. The only law I break is this one and it affects no one but me.

I feel the same way, exactly.

So so so... the LUI looks great at 45 days - really frosty :canabis:

so did you pop any seeds yet?

I can't wait to see what you think of them.

-suga

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Make yourselves comfortable ladies and gentlemen...here's when the fun begins....you can all learn with me or you can all teach me...I have no problems airing my mistakes and lessons here.

My friend for life Sugabear!!!!! :wave: ...Thanks for stoppin in bro! Glad ya like me set-up. It's still in the "new" stages of construction as it's sorta temporary and well ...to be honest once again...I'm still a rookie at trying to complicate things. Seems the more I try to make it easy the more I add to the equation...lol

For the record, you may have seen me post this in the WnB thread but ya, I dropped the OB1's in a glass of water this morning. :woohoo:

Hopefully have some ready for the 150 tent in 50 days when the LUI comes out of there. At that point I'll try all of the beans you sent in the 150 tent first to sex and check pheno and then try each gem kept in the 430w cab. good plan?
:chin: ......EDIT>>>> one at a time in succesion of course!!!

And finally...I'll pass clones to my closest friends and we'll all be blessed.

Peace everyone ...and to those that check out the thread but don't post.....Peace and bright white light!!!! Hope you got something from this.

BG

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
I remember reading a post one time by an old-timer here...can't remember who it was now but he was saying how fun it was to watch all the new growers post pics and talk about their plants with such passion and energy. So as I make this post I think of you...this one's for you. :bow: Not that I'm really a new grower but still...can't help but think of you with this post.

I'm fascinated with my new set-up. I'm a little jammed in right now. I don't normally and would never need this many plants for my perpetual but I have a friend coming for a visit soon and another friend is getting a visit from me soon after that....the beauty of gifting clones to friends ...ahhhh...I can feel the interest building in my Karma bank.

So...here's the update.

Jammed in

This one's for you Heady...can't wait to see ya

You get to choose when you get here....how's that for ya buddy?

Here's a no-flash pic ...wanted to post in relation to an earlier post that made my room look dark. I get pretty good light penetration.

And finally this one's for you Sugabear...the beans cracked in 24 hours in a glass of water. In a peet pellet already...I'm dumbfounded....what's the deal?...do they normally crack that fast?

I'll update later this week with Flower Cab and 150w Tent Pics.
Peace and Much Love to the ICMag Community.

BG :wave:

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
And finally this one's for you Sugabear...the beans cracked in 24 hours in a glass of water. In a peet pellet already...I'm dumbfounded....what's the deal?...do they normally crack that fast?
hey bonsai that's great news - I think these seeds are fresher than what you can buy - I made the cross this past summer. also since I started making my own beans I noticed mine tend to be bigger and darker then the ones I've bought. leads me to believe that the commercial seed guys chop the plants as early as possible and then the seeds sit for a while at the resellers... both leading to slower germ speed. the ob1s on the other hand were allowed to get fully mature and are being sprouted at just about the ideal time (6 months from being made - just like nature)...

that and I think your good karma helps too

suga

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Thanks Suga!!...ya know it's all about the Karma man.....that's exactly what I was think about the fresh seeds...just wanted to hear it once to be sure. Your beans do look awsome. I couldn't believe it this morning when I had a wet paper towel in my hand and lifted the lid on the jar. Normally the seed sinks or floats but never sinks then floats and takes up to a week in wet paper towel after 24 hours in a glass of water. yours though?.....lol drop them in water..they sink like a stone..wake up the next day and they are swimming with a little tail....too funny.

I'll do my best to treat them right my friend.

BG

Last edited:

king_taco

almost day 50 of flower right? how long dose that LUI flower for again?

awesome setup for sure, i love a good perpetual grow even more with the 430!

i will be tagging along on this one

~~Grow Free~~
king_taco

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Folks, Here's an update. Buds are dry and in a jar. 54g from 12 tops. I still think they are a bit early and not as tight as I hoped but the ones on day 57 are filling in still. I'll smoke one tomorrow morning after one night in a jar and tell ya how it tastes. The triches on these ones said cut. More than 50% were amber and looked like a prism of light under the microscope...maybe I'm looking at it wrong...but I've looked at so many pics and I think I have it right. I'll clip some more tomorrow night since I have no time left today...gotta run to play a gig!

King_Taco...thanks for stoppin in man, feel free to make yourself comfortable. According to seedbay the LUI is a 7-8 week indoor. But compare my buds to Cannapits and a few others and I think I can get better lookin buds with more experience. This run I screwd up on PH and had Cal/Mag lock-out for over a week....can't help but think that has something to do with it.

k Here's some pics.

Some dry and trimmed ready for the jar.

Here's my 150 tent. I let these ones stretch before switching to 12/12 ... see what this does to bud formation, plus it's the equivelant of 310w compared to 430w ... smaller grow space and closer proximity of the lights ... I'm sure Sugabear and my friend Bulenath will like to watch this experiment...if B ever checks in on me little diary here....lol

Suga only one OB1 has popped out of the peet pellet. I put it in soil this morning and played to the ganja gods.

Oh and I forgot to take pics of the 430w cab last night...I'll post again in a day or so.

Much love everyone
BG

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Wow....everything looks great! Those look like very good nugs....you should be very proud, the ganga gods smiled on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hey brotha, soooooo much better than your last crop so much to be proud of! Some fine lookin kind!

Whew, I'm pretty wasted! Good friend of the Mrs. up visiting and the vino is flowing and the herb is burning!

You should be very proud of yourself!

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
POMH, Thanks sweetie. Stop by anytime!
NT, thanks man...means alot comin from ya. I've been lurking your grow show too...very nice man.
Heady my buddy!!! ..Good times it sounds like you were havin. Thanks for the props man...ya I'm excited and proud but I'm still learnin. What an amazing hobby.

Heres a shot of the day 57 cut.

Hey cannapits... what is your set-up...what was your LUI flowered under?

Peace
BG

PS.....Looks like I get alot of views without many posts...for all you peeps that peep but don't post...I want your input...if I'm doing good...if I'm doing bad...if you think I am a dink....if I over fertilized...if I'm cutting too soon....anything...it's all good....it can only make me and the peeps that learn anything from this better.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya BonsaiGrower :wave:
Wow, congrats man - 54g from 12 tops :yes: Sweet! Very crystally samples in your pics, and your scrog is looking so sweet!

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
yeah bg - nice work bro! those are some fat looking indica buds - how does she smell?

that's too bad to hear that only one OB1 made it above the soil so far - hopefully it's a girl!

-suga

Latest posts

Latest posts