What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BonsaiGrower's Garden

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Folks,

Quick update. Day 57 cut is in the jars now. 94 Grams. Not the greatest pics but you get the idea.

I'll make another post later.
Thanks for keeping an eye on me folks.
BG

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Havin fun today.

Mr G...how goes bro? thank you thank you.
Sugabear!! woo hoo, we had a blast last night for sure! We just smoked some 57 day cut in a bowl and it's a different taste all together....mmmmm

check out the root ball, I pulled the bottom 2" of gravel off the bottom. it was solid with roots and growing out the little holes in the bin. Would have made too much of a mess to take a pic of that though ...plus heady's arm was getting tired...lmao

more to follow.
Peace
BG

sugabear_II

Veteran
bonsai and heady getting down with the chop down :woohoo:

that fresh bud picture is really nice bro - I hope you're making some hash outta all that trim, right?

If not you should be!

-suga

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
sure am Suga...we're just headin out now to the jam but I'll post some pics in the morning. Glad you approve of my buds! Means alot. Heady says hi.
Peace Bro

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
as promised, here's a few pics of my 150 Tent. Somewhere around day 32 I think. My head kinda feels like popcorn after last nights amazing Jam with Heady.

again I didn't use my tripod..sorry

Hey Suga...I can see myself shutting down my 430w cab someday. This little 150 tent is gonna grow some awsome personal smoke. I think I'll go post one of these pics in the 150 club too.

Peace everyone. I can't express enough how much I enjoy ICMag and all your input.

BG

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
A little Cure update on the LUI.

The 52 day cut and the 57 day cut both have completly different aromas in the jar.

The 52 day after 2 weeks in the jar still has an alfalfa outdoor kinda smell although I kinda smell a hint of turpentine maybe. Heady pm'd me and said he kinda smells Vanilla Candle...I'm thinkin...ya kinda....k moving to the 57 day jar..

57 day...3 days in a jar...wow...my nose hairs just stood up and made me sneeze...much stronger aroma and no alfalfa smell. Almost gasoline kinda. not sure if I could describe it. I don't each much fruit whole so can't think of what fruit it might be like. does have a fruity gasoline kinda aroma. not diesel though....now moving to the 63 day popcorn

the 63 day popcorn I plan on using to make hash, was dry enough to be ready for a jar and has been sealed up for about 1 hour....oh...forgot to weigh it.... .ha. 32 grams....k I open the jar and I'm instantly reminded of the smell of my friends fireplace. He burns so many different kinds of wood that his fireplace smells like no-one elses....so...kinda like burnt wood?

so clearly a good grow can only be great with a great cure. already my buds are changing daily like a fine wine....what a hobby

Peace...bg

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hey, yup, I second your observations.....the vanilla/spice is the 57 though, I don't have any 52...I think the 52 has that hay smell cuz it was chopped too early...reminds me of the smell of the asian mafia weed that doesn't get you high, at least this dope does...

Gonna sniff the 57 in the jar right now.....interesting....a little vanilla but now more like strawberries! I know what you are saying with that solvent smell like gasoline...when we were trimming I thought of a fresh minty/gassy smell, for sure. Definitely a nose tickler. That seems to have subsided now in the jar. This 57 has been in the jar approx 4 days now, as BG said, I see now, still pretty young.

The 63 is still too wet and not even jarred yet, smells like wet fresh weed :D That one will be the killa krazy, i hope! Mrs. Heady and I love the properly cured out strong weed. Messes up the noobie peeps everytime! :biglaugh:

The more I reflect, the more I think that the 63 was starting to finally grow proper headed trichs and some were turning cloudy.....I wouldn't use that microscope because it doesn't seem to allow the colour of the trich to come through. When I peeped it with the handheld glass, I saw a difference in the amount of trich heads between the three cuts. After looking at the 63, I would say that the earlier stuff is lacking trich heads, just showing stalks and the "white fur". I think you will clearly see a huge difference with a 70 day flower (and feel it with the stone!) Good things come to those who wait! I can honestly say that that weed didn't <dish>slay :D me like I thought it would, but suspect a longer flowering batch would!

I can't wait to smoke some friends up here and watch their faces! Oh yea, Heady's got the line, brother! :D My old connection with the schwag is a good friend and cool guy and I want him to experience a proper nug, cuz he says he can't get high anymore.......we'll see muhahaha! Psss, it's because the dope you get is crap! Mafia weed, bleech! Never again! Woo hoo!

I'm gonna twist a thin one with the dum dum left over in the thermos and get back to ya! :sasmokin:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
BonsaiGrower said:
so clearly a good grow can only be great with a great cure. already my buds are changing daily like a fine wine....what a hobby

Yes, this is the step that separates the connisseurs from the hacks! Hacks smoke dime bags (for $15) of wet crap, connisseurs enjoy finely grown and cured mj. Would you suck the wine outta the bottle as soon as you put it in there?

Some would....sad.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
awsome, thanks for the update Heady. Ya fer shure it's gonna go longer next time. and get a full 2 weeks flush minimum.

It's awsome to have friends like you Heady.

Taker Easy.
BG

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Here's how things looked tonight. hmmm what day are we at? I dunno, someone else do the math.

somewhere around 30 days or so on the left and 5 on the right

this is one of the tops on the left

Peace...BG

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
:yes: Aye matey, I spy beauties aboard!:biglaugh: Looks like another fine harvest in the making BG! Real nice canopy on the scrog...

Strawberry is one flavor/aroma I haven't had yet... Sounds delish...

hey bonsaiGrower !
I had to pop in and say that I love your growroom, very neat and well organized.
....and of course GREAT looking BUDS !!! haha :joint:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Aye lookie here!!!! Thanks MrG!! :wave: popcorn good? need a refill? how's your beverage?

FlyvAgaric ...thanks for stoppin by man. I appreciate the kind words. Looks like you have a few nice strains there yourself. Pull up a seat, there's some real cool peeps in here givin me a shoulder to lean on and help improve my novice skills.

Limelight...that my buddy BD? awsome, thanks man...and here I just said hey in the WnB and didn't clue in...and I knew it was you already..lol...thanks for stoppin by Bro!...how's things down there? getting back to normal?

Sugabear...mmmm 6 months in the jar and I won't be able to get enough of them sugabuds! ... can't wait. It's changing daily. The 63 Buds are going in a jar today for me. Heady is probobly a little later, he has the bigger buds from that cut. The pocorn seems to be drying nicely in a jar. I have it on an opposite Burp....lol. open for 20 hours and closed for 4 or so. Seems to be makin it real dank. Crazy strong smell compared to all the rest.

And on that. Thanks for stoppin in folks and I hope the stroll through my garden was worth the admission fee.

Bg

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hey guys,

Yah, I'm starting to get some dankness as well. Ole 63 is still pretty wet but they have been on ultra slow dry so it's taking time. Buds and 'corn were a couple days in the paper bag (1st day open on a screen), then in the jar and daily openings. They are pretty moist but are coming along nicely. They are stashed sitting on my basement floor where there are nice and cool. I'm thinking vanilla and slight lemon, with that underlying green hay smell and the good undertone of general weed smell.

I'm hoping to give that run 6 weeks in the jar before cracking.

The 57 is nicely curing along, time and smoking will tell if the were dried on the rack too long or just enough. Have to see if they smoke harsh at all. They are getting a nice spongy dry feel to them that is the sure sign the cure is on. When bud is properly cured, it busts up in the grinder and fluffs up nice. :D The smell is like the 63 but less hay smell to the point it is almost gone. More and deeper dank. Yum yum.

It will also be interesting to compare the different trimming styles between Bonsai and I. He likes to go Brazilian, nice and short, and I am more of the European trim, a little longer. :D See how the overall experience compares. My theory is there is more trichs on the bud, but his way gets better trim for hash....hmmmm....it's great both ways! With the long cut the dry and cure will be longer still. Well, it's worth it and I can't wait till they get to the point where they are super dense and hard, but bust up huge and a little will do ya. There is quite a difference when mj is dryed and cured and proper decarboxylation has ocurred. It then reaches it's full potential.

Good timing, blueberry is almost done, got some blake, and some 'b' grade, and a nice nug of the dumdum so by the time that's gone, that 57 should be good, not ideal, but good. Hard to look at streeet budz now.....

Having friends over this weekend so I will be sharing and collecting thoughts. I will see what they say.

Have a good night everyone.

:wave:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Ha...hippy heady. yup brazilian all the way for me buddy! Thanks for the report. You lucky bastard got that choice bud I trimmed...was I drunk when I said you could have that?...lmao...I'm lookin at that sweet shot above thinkin...dang...heady's got that one....lucky bastard...that's alright...I'll have another to trim in about 31 days now. 61 min to smoke and I've got some pretty good smoke to last and warm me up for a better harvest. It's kinda funny. I have the same strain and phenos going in the 150 tent and the 430 cab. both started at the same time. both look pretty much the same and possibly the 150 might be lookin better. Both are on recycled soil this time too....well my first moonshine/compost mix that I cooked for 30 days. (I almost loved the smell of that bin the day I opened it as much as the smell of my cab when I open it...lol)

Ya heady, no more street buds for us...lets make our stand from here on out. we gotta get yer room up and going asap. besides you'll have some sweet strains too that I'll wanna trade. Have a great weekend. Wish you were playin at our gig tomorrow night.

Peace to everyone else that checks this out. :wave:

Last edited: