What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BonsaiGrower's Garden

Cannapits

BonsaiGrower said:
POMH, Thanks sweetie. Stop by anytime!
NT, thanks man...means alot comin from ya. I've been lurking your grow show too...very nice man.
Heady my buddy!!! ..Good times it sounds like you were havin. Thanks for the props man...ya I'm excited and proud but I'm still learnin. What an amazing hobby.

Heres a shot of the day 57 cut.

Hey cannapits... what is your set-up...what was your LUI flowered under?

Peace
BG

PS.....Looks like I get alot of views without many posts...for all you peeps that peep but don't post...I want your input...if I'm doing good...if I'm doing bad...if you think I am a dink....if I over fertilized...if I'm cutting too soon....anything...it's all good....it can only make me and the peeps that learn anything from this better.

hey bro :wave: those LUI's look awesome to me..I must admit I was given a breeders select cut for my LUI...Haven't run any others before..Matter of fact that was the first run..I did one plant and it shared a 400 watt hps with 3 other lavenders...I ended up with 70 grams from the LUI after a 21 day veg /60 day flower...soil mix was 30% soil and 70% perlite...watered 2 times a day in flower...I'm not really a cab guy but when I did use a cab I use to cut alot of the big fan leaves away in flowering...I prefer to use LST and tie everything down myself...But it did help with getting more light to the lower buds and adding weight IMO....I really dont think you need my help as it looks like you know what your doing...keep up the love with the babies as it shows...Peace
LUI around 27 day flower

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Awsome!!!! ...thanks for checkin in guys.

mtnjohn...Thanks Man...feels pretty good. I'm smoking some right now and knowing that as of this joint right here I will never spend another dime on it again!!!! ha ...and the beauty...if I were to buy what I just harvested, it comes out to exactly what I spent on building my set-up.

I hope people that are thinking about building a cab see that^^^^^^^

Mr G ... hey there my fellow bonsai lover!! .. ya pretty sweet I thought too...lol...had to double check the kitchen scales make sure they were right...lol...not like I need quality scales for baking and the little 7g pezoles still kickin around from years ago clearly were'nt an option....thanks for the props!

Suga my friend!! .. looks good, tastes great already after only 2 days in a jar...I know I know...should wait till it's fully cured but I have enough to save some for full cure and a proper taste and smoke test from the different days I cut. There's just no way when I smoked my last bag shwag joint last night that I was gonna go buy more. This is my last stand!....lol Kinda like the same way I don't buy tomatoes in the winter...I just can't do it after growing such goodness in the summer for free and a bit of love. They taste like shit and 1.99/lb just makes me wanna shoot someone. Specially when I know the farmers are not making any money....am I on a rant?...what just happened.

mmmmmmmmmmm LUI

Cannapits...awsome man...that's the exact response I was looking for...K...sweet you were under pretty much the same conditions. You do a different soil mix and cut out your fans though. I let it bush right up and didn't tidy up the canopy for even branches and budding...Like Mtn Johns for instance....very tidy growth! ... so awsome....guess I'm doin alright with it...just need to learn how to prep up the scrog a bit better. I'm in the process of learning soil mixes and will be recycling my soil from everything you see here. I'll need one more bag of soil and what not to get me going again but I have all the bins needed to get started with this batch of soil...that make sense?.....jesus....I forgot just how nice this stuff smokes...I'm just swimmin in thoughts and giggling and feel like playing jazz.

awsome!!!! ... no more commercial crap for this dog.

oh...suga...as I started thinking to myself about what to grow next...the OB1 is just one still so far...shucks...I dunno man...all three cracked and I didn't plant too deep and didn't hurt the tails...no biggie....thinking maybe it was the peet pellet but not usually a big deal in the past for me...I've just kinda learned they are very acidic though but I dunno...what ya think? They are still in a moist pellet playing to the ganja gods daily. I'm thinkin the one that popped is a princess though and will be queen of my garden soon enough to rule her realm.

Thanks for keepin an eye on me guys.
BG

G

"PS.....Looks like I get alot of views without many posts...for all you peeps that peep but don't post...I want your input...if I'm doing good...if I'm doing bad...if you think I am a dink....if I over fertilized...if I'm cutting too soon....anything...it's all good....it can only make me and the peeps that learn anything from this better."
hard to reply to anything else then whats been said bro great looking grow.
keep it growing green!!!
:kewlpics:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey there walkabout...thanks for sayin hey. I hear ya but I'm just tryin to do my part for IC ... I feel like I took so much I wanna give some back.

Here's a few shots at lights on tonight.

Day 58 on the left, what's left from my tester cuts and day 27 on the right.

I wasn't going for a photo award with these...sorry.

Peace everyone...I try.
BG

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Whoa I can't believe how full that screen is still after you cut some down. Nice.

Why not crack the Burmese F2 to get familiar with the base building block to which some of your other beans have been crossed with...then you can compare how the TW affects the burmese for example....

I'm sure you have your eye on a fave to start next, though....

A very successful startup with nowhere to go but up!

king_taco

i was just looking over your pics in your first post and i had to ask; is your fan on a dimmer switch?

also, how sealed is the glass on your hood? the reason i ask is i would assume that some stinkyness is bypassing the carbon filter. i suppose you really don't know if it cuts smell 100% if you have the 150 tent in the same room.

awesome looking top buds there, i am looking forward to seeing what your total yield is off that thing. btw, how many gallons of soil are there in those blue bins?

have you ever considered taking the leafs off from the top of the screen?

that should be enough questions to keep ya busy till i check in again, and i will be hanging out. i have a special place in my heart for 400 watt perpetual cabs!

~~Grow Free~~
king_taco

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Quick check in. Busy week for me.

Heady my buddy! You got it man!! Burmesse F2 is what's gonna happen next. Won't happen till friday night though. You and I are gonna do a run for soil and what-not saturday morning while we're out for brunch at one of your old favorite spots. Gotta make your trip to town worth it bro!

King Taco...thanks for the questions Mang! Lets see...the light is the only thing on a timer. Carbon Scrubber and oscilating fan is on 24/7. The hood is sealed tight with aluminium duct tape. No smell from my cab whatsoever. The 150 tent is in another room and it has a carbon scrubber as well. Even though it's a tent it seals up well by folding the edges around each other. I'll post what the smell is like from my 150 tent when it's near harvest. The 430 cab is smelly when I open the door, that's it. The recycling bins are standard size. I'd say about 10 gallons of soil in each bin. Takes about 1.5 gallons of water every 2 days ...about 3 days when first in cabinet but after the roots start to fill up it increases. and the final question that I'm still not sure of....do I clip the top fan leaves....well?...not really as of yet. all my grows that I just left the plant do it's own thing have been better. I clipped alot of fan leaves on a few of my closet grows and they didn't so as well. What are your thoughts on this? I clipped a few big ones last night that were completly blocking bud sites ...I'm nervous to clip too much.

Thanks KT for checkin in on me. Say hi anytime.
see ya in a few days Heady
BG

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hey Brotha, looking forward to Frieday! Let's crack some beans! MMMM one of my old fave spots, eh....? Is it where we went last time or someplace else? Soil run sounds like fun! I will bring a case of jars that I have here, not using them now anyway....

Taco, I will post the stank report when I go visit BG this weekend. He is probably used to smell in there (if any) so I will be able to tell with a fresh nose when I visit....last time I was there there was no odour control and you could smell fresh herb the second you walked in the house! There were some ladies that came back with us once and the first strange look on their face when they walked in said it all LOL! I slept in the room with the cab and holy, I think I got stoned overnight just breathing in there! When I went home my wife could totally smell his plants in my sleeping bag! Never underestimate the odour issue - PEOPLE CAN SMELL IT!

smokescreen

Just looking at your setup is making me look in to the scrog method more! That is the best scrog setup I have ever seen! Great job man! Your buds are looking gorgeaous also! I just can't get over your setup though! Pure genius!
Nice job!

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Too funny Heady!! YA the look on the one girls face was a little scary..."this place smells like pot!!!" ....."oh, sorry about that...the roomates must have just smoked one on the way out." ... 3 days later I had full carbon scrubbing going on! ... that was a little too real for me! And no strange girls anymore for this cat! (just for the record)
When you were here last I had the floro cabinet going, can't wait for ya to see the new cab.
and you pick the place for brunch, that's the point...and you drive my car...ha.

Smokescreen ....welcome to ICMag and thanks for the kind words. huh, if you think this is somethin, have a look at some of the peeps that have posted in my thread and then check out these threads.

150w club
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20729

400w club
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21967&highlight=400w+club

This one is a must for you. The links to scrog grows
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24013

and another must is the DIY Link-o-rama ....props to Pontiac
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

and since I've added some key threads...here's the sick plants thread
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

and you can find me here most of the time, these peeps are all about kindness and sharing. The Wake-n-Bake Club
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=37275

Hope you enjoy IC as much as I have...see ya in the threads
BG

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
sorry bud, but that smell was just too fresh and alive to be mistaken for a joint just puffed....you'd have to be pretty naive....:D All's well that end's well.

Well, the strange one wasn't for you anyway :D She was for Mr. D.....:D

Yah can't wait to see it in person, although I am so stoked that I can follow along here. Thanks IC Mag!!!

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Heady...drive safe in the mornin bro!!! I just heard of the storm alert! ... see ya soon.

Red!!!! ...awsome man...thanks for stoppin in. Pull up a chair beside your friends! Heady will be here over the weekend to help me finish the harvest in my 430 cab and jam with one of my bands. We'll post some pics Sunday Mornin. I'm glad you checked in on me! Muchos Respectos right back at ya mister!

Heady I saved one side of the scissors for when ya get here. Nothing like smoking scissor hash...3 of us smoked a pinner the other night and it was crazy. Transluscent Green Hash!!! .....mmmmmmmmmmm now that's a song name if I ever heard one.

Peace folks. Hope ya enjoy my little garden.
BG

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Well this is promising!!!! Hey Sugabear :jump: check this out!!!!! Good things come to those that wait.

Playing to the Ganga Gods worked maybe? :confused:

Peace everyone.....those are OB1's from Sugabear if you are just tuning in.

BG

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Sugabear!! yes I'm very happy about that...got my fingers crossed and praying to the ganga gods for #3

Here's some shots from this morning.

this is the last day in my scrog prep area.

Here's my veg area that looks like a jungle right now with all the gifted clones that are going out over the next few weeks.

here's some shots of the 150 tent and some close ups of the buds in it. I didn't use my tripod today.

man I love this hobby
BG

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Thanks Suga!. I'll post some pics later tonight after I finish the harvest in my 430w cab.
I hope I'm doing the 150 watters proud! :headbange

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts